[CiV pack] Ancient Mediterranean Civilizations

ok couple things about the British faction,

is the chariot archer just there because you can't give them some sort of melee chariots?

Cromlech is not the greatest idea in my book, the term itself is really vague and completely outdated. If you really want a prehistoric structure that really is defined by the British the Hill fort is the way to go.

also i know boudica is the most famous ancient British Leader but in the grand scheme of things wasn't a great ruler.... especially considering she only actually led her tribe for a couple of years... there aren't exactly many obvious or well known leaders except for Arthur who is so flaky in the long run its pretty difficult to define him.....

druidic might is a real nice touch though :D

How about Sumer/Sumerian , Parthia/Parthian, and Akkadia/Akkadian. Those would make some nice additions I think.

is the chariot archer just there because you can't give them some sort of melee chariots?

Cromlech is not the greatest idea in my book, the term itself is really vague and completely outdated. If you really want a prehistoric structure that really is defined by the British the Hill fort is the way to go.

also i know boudica is the most famous ancient British Leader but in the grand scheme of things wasn't a great ruler.

Civ5 chariots fight as ranged units, and atm modders can't create melee animations for them. This is the reason because briton chariots are chariot-archers.

I well know that cromlech is more french (brittany) than briton, and Hill fort is a nice substitute, although Hill fort is a widespread european building. Being a classical-age building, it might replace the armory (I don't see better replacements for it in the current Civ5 classical-age building setup)

As you wrote, history doesn't report famous briton leaders in the classical antiquity, and Boudica, probably, is the most fashinating among them. Furthermore, I found a good art for her, the one I like more than others :)

How about Sumer/Sumerian , Parthia/Parthian, and Akkadia/Akkadian. Those would make some nice additions I think.

As I wrote elsewhere in the previous posts, what guided me in the civ-making decision is the availability of arts for a given civ. Unfortunately I haven't suitable leader arts for your desired civs, atm.

I can't download this because there is no folder, and if i create a new folder, the mod installer can't install it.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

You should manually copy the .7z file into your "Documents and Settings\[user]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS" folder, then unpack it here.
After that you should select AMC mod from your CiV mod browser and finally play a game.

Thanx so much for this great Civ pack! I know it must have been hard work!:goodjob:

Thanx so much for this great Civ pack! I know it must have been hard work!:goodjob:
Thanks, I'm glad to work on a mod that people enjoy. :)

Now I need help for the usual grammar check on the dawn-of-man text. It's the last civ of the pack, the Assyrians. I've chosen Ashurnasirpal II as leader both for UA and diplo background. UA, although is the aztec one, fits very well with the king and his civ. The background is the reproduction of the Ashurnasirpal's palace at Calah (you will see it in the new mod version).
I post both picture and text. Thanks in advance.

May the blessings of god Ashur be upon your nation, oh mighty Ashurnasirpal! We grovel in awe at your magnificence! May also the god Ninurta shower all manner of good things upon you all the days of your life! You are the king of the fearsome Assyrian people, noble descendants of the great Akkadian Empire. Surrounded by many civilizations fighting to control the Upper Tigris river, thanks to enlightened rulers and martial prowess, through periods of glory and centuries of decay, the Assyrians finally have come to dominate the northern Mesopotamia. But this piece of land should be only the starting point for a new season of achievements. Our destiny should be the same as the old Sumerian Empire, a boundless land of conquered peoples, inhibited by terror and cruelty, all around a wondrous capital city overflowing with culture and building works.
Oh great Ashurnasirpal! Your people call upon you to expand more and lead them to glory! Bring them wealth and power, and give them dominion over their foes and rivals! Will you answer their call, ruthless King? Will you build a civilization that will stand the test of time?

Here's how I'd word it, changes are in bold, comments in brackets.

May the blessings of the god Ashur (Possibly also 'May the blessings of Ashur be upon your nation, oh mighty Ashurnasirpal! We grovel in awe at your magnificence! (Too much like Aztec) May also the god Ninurta shower all manner of good things upon you all the days of your life! You are the king of the fearsome Assyrian people, noble descendants of the great Akkadian Empire. Surrounded by many civilizations fighting to control the Upper Tigris river, thanks (I'd have 'due') to enlightened rulers and martial prowess, through periods of glory and centuries of decay, the Assyrians finally have come to dominate the (Not needed, unless you are going to say 'dominate the Northern Mesapotamian region') northern Mesopotamia. But this piece of land should be only the starting point for a new season of achievements. Our destiny should be the same as the old Sumerian Empire, a boundless land of conquered peoples, inhibited by terror and cruelty, all around a wondrous capital city overflowing with culture and building works.
Oh great Ashurnasirpal! Your people call upon you to expand more and lead them to glory! Bring them wealth and power, and give them dominion over their foes and rivals! Will you answer their call, ruthless King? Will you build a civilization that will stand the test of time?

None of the civs showed up in the "setup game" menu, am i the only one with this problem?

1) After unpacking the mod, you must have the following:
Spoiler :

2) If you have previous versions of AMC mod still installed, ERASE THEM ALL

3) After starting the game, go in the mod menu and ENABLE AMC mod:
Spoiler :

Hope this can help ;)

Attachments

• shot.jpg
    shot.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 348
  • shot1.jpg
    shot1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 416
Here's how I'd word it, changes are in bold, comments in brackets.

Thanks. Apart the "aztec expression", text should result as follow:

May the blessings of Ashur be upon your nation, oh mighty Ashurnasirpal! We grovel in awe at your magnificence! May also the god Ninurta shower all manner of good things upon you all the days of your life! You are the king of the fearsome Assyrian people, noble descendants of the great Akkadian Empire. Surrounded by many civilizations fighting to control the Upper Tigris river, due to enlightened rulers and martial prowess, through periods of glory and centuries of decay, the Assyrians finally have come to dominate northern Mesopotamia. But this piece of land should be only the starting point for a new season of achievements. Our destiny should be the same as the old Sumerian Empire, a boundless land of conquered peoples, inhibited by terror and cruelty, all around a wondrous capital city overflowing with culture and building works.

IMPORTANT

Unfortunately the release of version 9 (with Assyrians) will be delayed because the current mod size is over the 10MB limit on CFC, and absolutely I don't want to host it elsewhere. Also Gamespy DB refuses to upload it, giving the well known "Invalid ID" error (and I'm very angry because I -and also you- payed to have the mod-browser feature and it doesn't work for large size mods, and 2K doesn't care about the issue).

AMC mod has an impressive number of DLs: it's time that players rise up their voices asking for the solution of this issue. Post a comment HERE or HERE, asking for a quick fix.

I think (and hope) that reducing atlas size should also reduce mod size under 10MB, but it requires some time and I'll do it next week.

:mad:

There is no folder with that name, and if i create one with the same name the civs doesn't show up in the menu. And yes, i have enabled it.

There is no folder with that name, and if i create one with the same name the civs doesn't show up in the menu. And yes, i have enabled it.
One step at a time: please, attach a screenshot of your MOD folder. Which OS you run?

When i've unzipped the zip file the XML/art files aren't in a folder, as it normally is with other mods. I have OS (C:)

Top Bottom