WWII PBEM - Tora

The battle for London continues...

The German Battleship "Bismark" has been destroyed along with most of the German fleet. English forces march towards London. We would urge Hitler to remove his forces from London before we remove them ourselves.

Major unexpected losses in North Africa as the French Foreign Legion has been killed. India has been abandoned and the remains of Africa are in dire shape.

However the battle for London appears to be turning in our favor, if we can hold London, all is not lost...

We would urge the Russians to accept open borders with the English and help remove the Axis menace.

USA waits and watches...

gps!

An FYI below, posted in the temporary leave thread:

I will be out of town vacationing in Disney World with my family between November 9, 2012 through November 20, 2012, followed by family Thanksgiving through November 24, 2012, which means no civ for me until after the 24th. As this is such a long period of time, I have/will be finding a temporary replacement for myself in my games during this timeframe.

This is one game where I am concerned - not many people have the MOD, we've had issues with people being able to download and run it, and not to mention we are in a very critical situation in the game where every little battle could swing the tide of the war harshly in one direction or another.

As much as I hate to do this, I think I'm going to need to put this game on hold while I'm gone - situations and overall strategy changes with each turn in this one, it would just be a lot to be communicating with a third party to carry out the turns while I'm gone. I do have a smartphone and could email while I'm away, but it would be exceedingly difficult. It's two weeks and I don't want to lose people but... hopefully everyone will read the thread and be willing to pause the game for a time. What does everyone think?

I am still available through Friday of this week, so any turns I can get through before then I will be sure to play!

I still have this mods still installed

Oh good! Do you want to get back in the game as England? Or you can possibly be a temp replacement for the allies possibly. Lets see what everyone thinks. Every battle means a lot right now, these next few turns are critical.

Who has the file? Daniel?

This game is going at a slow pace anyhow and it is at a critical stage so, on mybehalf, I don't mind waiting for Nighthawk to came back...

Besides if you had a crappy excuse like too much work or having to have more time for RL... but no, you have a very good reason.. I mean isn't visiting Mickey is a good excuse to halt the war for a while?! :yup:

Offtopic message (and bad language)
Spoiler :
Mickey: "Disney, I don't want to work with Minnie anymore."
W. Disney: "What???? Are you f***ing crazy?"
Mickey: "NO, I'm f***ing Daisy..."

LOL... good one Luthor.

Whatever everyone wants. Eclipse has the mod still, so he can always play my turns, I can name units and give instructions. Or if he wants back in as England, thats an option too, they are the one with the crazy battles right now, USA is just watching... we can all figure it out.

GPS On.

The efforts of the English fleet have been rewarded with the sinking of an apparently overconfident German fleet; however, there is now the matter of an overconfident English Infantry force....

I did get 1 more turn in before I leave...

It's pretty clear right now - England rules the air and sea, but the Germans just have too powerful of a force sitting in London... it will be a stalemate and looks like the Germans will hold London for now. Maybe this vacation comes at a good time, time for me to think of how to save England from the unstoppable Axis invasions...

gps on, last turn for 2 weeks, see ya'll then...

USSR declares war on Great Britain

After a long consideration, Stalin decides to join the war against Capitalism. Even though now the Wall Street dictatorship seems weak, in 60 years it would pose a threat to the entire world. Therefore the communists have decided to battle for a better world!!!

Operation "Star freedom" was initiated and, within a week, Jerusalem was in control of the Politburg! In other areas of the Middle East several battles took place with the British suffering heavy losses in foot soldiers, whilst the Russians losing only lost 2 Infantry Battalions.

Back from vacation and gps to Hitler...

what a mess I have come back to. Oh well, the west stands alone... then fight we must and we will. It will take a long time but we WILL take back our lands!

sent to Daniel...

India is officially lost for good. The Allies retreat in hopes of finding better spots to turn this thing around. The London battleground appears to be a stalemate for now, the Axis cannot take Ireland, but the Allies can't take back London either. We shall see if the tides turn.

Meanwhile, with the Allied retreat in certain areas, one wonders when will the Soviets, Germans and Japan decide to turn on each other? There is only one winner in this game you know!

one wonders when will the Soviets, Germans and Japan decide to turn on each other? There is only one winner in this game you know!
This may very well be but it's going to be a loooooong war... (it's kind of slow this game ain't it?)

Back to the Allies!

You're right it is going to be a long war... other than a few small battles here and there, things seem to be entrenched for now... we will see when things begin to turn!

gps on, sorry for the delay

The battle for the control of Athens has began!

GPS

I wouldn't really call it a "battle" - I've been flying those troops out of there every turn since I saw the red army over the hill. :lol: I did rush-buy some units in hopes of killing a couple Russians on the way out, but only because I can't fly all of the Greek army out of there all at once! 1 unit per turn with the airport sort of limits you. If we can take out at least 1 or 2 battilions of Russians that will be a small victory for me!

Also you'll notice all the improvements around Athens have been pillaged... nothing like pillaging your own lands before turning it over to the enemy without a fight! :lol:

Top Bottom