[Religion and Revolution]: Overview, Project Organization

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Religion and Revolution team has grown again. :)

We are happy to announce, that Schmiddie has become our newest team member !

Schmiddie had been one of the early members of TAC and thus is a CivCol-Veteran. :D
Looking forward to seeing some great graphics from him and having fun working together. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the team ! :high5:

Howdy! :D

Ray already said one of the essential points... Colonization I was one of my first games of this genre I think...since these days I love the game. I played it nights and nights and nights... :)

As I red for the first time that there is a Colonization 2 out... it was a great moment... lol

I like this game as well as Colo 1 and was one of the first modder of TAC, but my job and private needs stopped my engagement for TAC very soon. So I think the logo of TAC is the last work from me that is still used in TAC. :D But I never lost the contact to TAC and play TAC whenever I can.

I like TAC, but there are so much possibilities for other and more improvements of the game, especially when TAC has reached its final status, so I like the idea of a mod like R & R!

Graphics are my enjoyment, but I hate .xmls and programming..It never works... lol

I will need some time to find back how to use the programs, but after that I hope I can contribute some graphics for R & R.

My person:

I'm 32 years old and from Germany (Hamburg).

Regards

Schmiddie

Good news again. :)

We are happy to announce, that orlanth has joined our team !

orlanth is a well known and very capable modder.
He has created his impressive mod Colonization: 2071 with astonishing dedication and skills ! :goodjob:

We are looking forward to creating many cool features together.

Welcome to the team ! :high5:

Thanks a lot everyone! :king:

I look forward to participating & think it looks like a really promising mod. Like most of you I don't always have tons of free time due to work but would be glad to help out where I can.

I'd be interested in maybe helping add some Events (XML and python) when the mod is more fully developed. I had made a lot of the Events in the former Warhammer mod of Civ4; I feel that it can add a lot of fun if there are a good variety of lots of events with relatively minor effect, so the player won't find it repetitious. In the future I'm also interested to help out with Tech and Native Knowledge planning when that is able to be merged, Kailric's Tech Modcomp is one of my favorites. (I promise not to add *too* many aliens..) ;) :shifty: :borg: :thumbsup:

Welcome orlanth!

Nice to have you here. That sounds very good. I always like events in the game, even though they have just a "fun factor" and no great impact. :)

@team:

As decided in our team discussion, we will enter Release Preparation Phase. :thumbsup:

This generally means:

A) We will focus on finishing our open topics and improving all existing implementations.
B) Testing will become very important.
C) We do not have a fixed date, but we have a list of topics to finish.
D) No implementation of other big concepts should be started (within this project) until we have released.
If anybody is not busy enough with the following topics, then he could of course pick one of the other small topics / features from our list.
However such a topic should really be small and not cause delay of our Release.
Also, we will of course discuss again in the team if it should be added to Release 1 or not.

I suggest, we work on these topics and distribute work / main responsibilities this way:

1. Testing -> agaro, Gomer
2. Improving graphics -> Schmiddie, KJ
3. Improving DLL (existing features, AI) -> ray
4. Balancing according to feedback from tests -> ray
5. Improving UI / Screens -> Robert
6. Improving English texts -> colonialfan, orlanth, agaro, Gomer
7. Translation into French -> Robert
8. Translation into German -> Schmiddie, ray

Then there are the topics, I would like us to finish (or continue working on):

9. Domestic Markets -> Androrc (main implementation), Robert (Screen)
10. Last 3 planned Native Nations -> ray (main Implementation), colonialfan (texts), Schmiddie (graphics)
11. Events -> orlanth
12. Winds and Storms -> Robert, ray

That is it.
(At least I think so ... :think:)

This is only a suggestion of topics and general work distribution / basic responsibilities.
Of course all team members are still supposed to help wherever help is needed. :)

About testing:
First alpha-testing of single features / changes should be done, with focus on bugs. -> Using worldbuilder or colopedia for example with the newest revision.
Later beta-testing of the complete mod should be done, with focussing on balancing. -> Playing longer games and trying to make use of all aspects / features of the mod.

Is everybody ok with this plan ? :dunno:
(Or should we add something to the list ?)

But that means we will add wind and storm feature in Release 2...

The feature is relatively big considering efforts. :dunno:
(Graphics and XML for the terrain-features, DLL for generation and AI, balancing, ...)

However, if you really want to do it and also have enough time, then I am ok with adding it to the list. :)
Also, maybe Androrc or myself will have time to assist with DLL.

Basically I guess, we leave the choice to you. :thumbsup:
(You know best how much time you have.)

Edit:

I would heavily suggest to do "Winds and Storm" only on water.
I am currently almost sure that having 2 terrain-features (e.g. "Snowstorm" and "Forrest") on the same plot is extremely problematic.

Edit 2:

Ok, let us do it ... :)

You could create the Terrain-Features and the parts of DLL which you want to do.
I would do the rest of DLL-coding, when you are done with that.
You would also be responsible for balancing after that.
The rest of the team could help with testing / feedback.

Edit 3:

Please let us not plan any other big feature then for Release 1 (after adding "Wind and Storms").

@Team:

Is everybody ok with that ?
(I have added it to the release plan, as long as nobody objects.)

Fine with me. A couple of suggestions / questions:

Could someone provide a full list of new changes / features that we expect to be released in R&R 1.0. I am not sure of all the things to test for and document.

So far I have only tested with games - i.e. starting with 2 men in a boat. However, I presume some files can be viewed external to games - e.g. colopedia documentation, assets in world builder(?). Is there a good explanation somewhere of how to use these?

That sounds good to me.

Ok great. :)

Could someone provide a full list of new changes / features that we expect to be released in R&R 1.0. I am not sure of all the things to test for and document.

That is why we have this Overview. :)

... e.g. colopedia documentation, assets in world builder(?).

Colopedia --> Fastest way to check graphics.
Worldbulider --> Fastest way to check logic of features by creating certain situations.

Credits:
(Basically almost every modder out there :lol:
Please tell us, if we use parts of your work and forgot your name. :thumbsup:)

• TAC-team
  • Dale
  • Kailric
  • Aymerick
  • TC01
  • NeseryozniyVET
  • Dazio
  • M07

Great news! bernie14 officially permitted the use of his fantastic native graphics in our mod. Thank you bernie14!

:rockon::)

@team:

Since it seems that 2 of our main features for Release 1 (Winds and Storms and Domestic Markets) still need some time, I will start work on these topics:

• Massive Enhancement of Economy
  • Improved War of Independence

I simply get bored otherwise when doing only small things and XML ... :(
(Diplo-Events, Texts, Translations, ...)

If things work out as I think, I should have a massive update to our mod in about 2 weeks.
(It will be a first suggestion and base for discussion of changes and improvements.)

Of course, I will continue my other work (Last Native Civs, Improving / Bugfixing, ...) also.

Everybody ok with that ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom