Added new AI which does nothing

Sir_Lancelot

Emperor
In a game I thought it would be fun with some more AI civs. I spawned some settlers for a new AI that had not been in the game before. But the new AI does not move his units, he doesn't do anything at all.

Can the new AI be activated?

Well, if I remember correctly in Civ II there's still the hardcoded 7 Civ limit with groups of 3 Civs with the same colour excluding each other. If one of them is in the game the other two can't be. Only if one is destroyed and the slot gets freed another from that group can take it's place. That considered I think it's not possible to activate another AI...

Well, if I remember correctly in Civ II there's still the hardcoded 7 Civ limit with groups of 3 Civs with the same colour excluding each other. If one of them is in the game the other two can't be. Only if one is destroyed and the slot gets freed another from that group can take it's place. That considered I think it's not possible to activate another AI...
You can not add a nation with a color that is already in use so that is not the problem. SHIFT + F2 gives you a list of nations, the list includes nations already in the game and nations that are not in the game. All nations in the list has different colors.

I had only 3 or 4 civs in the game.

You could use the barbarians to make the 8th civ, if you give them specific units and give the other civs techs to prevent them from getting access to those units.
Welcome to the forum!

I do have barbarian cities in the game, but barbs never found cities. They don't know what to do with a Settler and will just keep moving it. So I gave them strong units so they could conquer some cities.
In modern times barb cities almost never actually finish the production of a unit regardless of the city's shields output. And their research will just cycle through the earliest techs, so they keep rediscovering Pottery, Alphabet, Warrior code, Horseback riding, Bronze working, Masonry and Ceremonial burial in an endless loop. But they can produce the same kind of unit that conquered the city and that is the only thing they will try to produce.

I have also tried to give the barbs modern warships, but they do not attack with them. Maybe the barb AI treats all their ships like cargo vessels and don't want to risk a loss.

Top Bottom