New Unit: Fluyt

Great model, great job, even without the crew...
My only critiscisms are the sails are still a little too white and the boat drops to the bottom of the ocean like its made of lead (but that can be alleviated in an editor).

Do you no were I can get the corvette, and sloop?

btw love the Fluyt:goodjob:

Nice thanks, I must have missed those, bad mistake their Awesome to:goodjob:

Norsk_Viking said:
very cool your a true artist!

there's always some **** of a newbie who insists on spamming the units forums ...

I appreciate the complement Norsk_Viking, but if you're just writing to give yourself more posts or entertain yourself then I suggest you stop going through every recent/quasi-recent unit thread and commenting as you have done. If you are being sincere, great and thanks, if not, you know that and should consider my suggestion.

Even if you are being sincere, just a friendly hint that you shouldn't do this sort of 'comment-fest', it's good to complement but try to do that in only recent (ie: within 2-3 days of release) unit release threads. It just makes the forums nicer and avoids irritating other users.

Oh and thank's P.S.Y.C.H.O. for posting those links and everyone should know that work has began (however slowly) on the East Indianman.

wow gee, orthanc, too late for my 1.0 release but I would like to see about adding some of your ships for 2.0. Could you link me all your sailing vessel creations? Thank you good sir!

Ya in game that fluyt is the shizzle Orthanc. You are no longer the apprentice, aaglo is retiring so you are now the Shipwright!

Congratulations! Could someone link me those other creations of his?

Your deffinately the best ship creator here. Your genius really shows once the units are in the game. They seem over simple at a look but in the game they are so sharp. I really hope you make more ships for us era of the sails fanatics. I would like to sea that East Indiamen or a brigantine or something.

Anyways your units will be in the 2.0 release of my scenario. I really hope you try it out, let me know what you think.

You should take on an apprentice now, btw. Get the sails movement rolling!

Orthanc, you unit the Corvette, the PCX files for the pedia show up as a black sqare in the game. Whats wrong with them? Can you fix it?

Much appreciated

Crazy. I could have sworn I posted in here. *looks around for missing post*

Nice collection of ships, Orthanc. How long have you been at modding? Slightly OT, but I am curious.

I noticed that too, yesterday I got notification that a new post had been made here but there was nothing, wierd. Anyways, I started using POV-Ray in late November, I fiddled around with a few other programs before that but POV-Ray is really were I have developed my skills.

ES_Sparky said:
Crazy. I could have sworn I posted in here. *looks around for missing post*
Well, I'm sorry I missed it. Must have been very important for you to bring up a 4 month old thread.
Oh well, since its up, what's going on Orthanc?

Last direction of the death animation for the Highwind: Jet Mode is rendering as I type. Once that's done I just have to put the Death animation together, make a civilopedia entry, get the sounds and put everything together and it's done!

My next units will be the Sloop 3rd Edition and a 1600's-1800's submarine, since they're both small it won't take long for those to be finished. But then I'm doing the Ragnorok from FF8, that might take quite a while.

Hey Orthanc. I have been saying "Ooji Booji! Penguin King!" alot recently. I don't know what it means but its fun to say.

.... Nice Boat?

Old timey submerines, we have one of those in my town. Sits at the harbor, looking wooden. Its pretty cool I guess, but the damn harbor security are all hardcore about the rule-book and won't let us take it out for a dip.
Anyway, for your model, think extruded rectangle with curved sides.

Well its quite simple Goldflash, Ooji Booji is the Penguin King and he's leading them in world domination from the Arctic, and don't say "But Penguins live in the Antarctic" because that's what they want you to think! (Maniacal Laughter)

:lol:

Don't worry Bungus, I've already got the design, it'll be more of an extended sphere with the ends clipped to make it lok like a barrel, which it essentially is. The actual name (because 1600-1800's Submarine isn't very creative) will be Paddle Barrel, since it will also have paddle wheels at the sides.

Top Bottom