ALC Game 16 Pre-Game Thread: Playing as Cyrus

i'd like to see the initial goal to be a conquest victory. and as far as SE or CE i'd like the terrain to determine that.

I also finished a Cyrus game recently(domination win). I wiped out 3 civs with 14 Immortals with 2 promotions each, leaving me with my own island. I conquered all of it using the Apothecary to help combat disease in the south, which was all jungle. Lots of bananas and wine though, as well. I also got to experiment with a GME (great merchant economy), which was lots of fun and made my mass upgrades that much easier. then I moved on to conquer the other island for the domination victory. I used 4 cities to begin the immortal rush. Although 1 factor may have helped;I had 3 iron in my capital's fat cross:eek:
All in all, stonehenge was a nice bonus, but not necessary. GW was useless for more GG's. Immortals were unstoppable and great barb-hunters as well. Apothecary let you get back the expansive trait minus the faster workers. Definetly, Cyrus is one powerful monarch.
again, good luck and please begin the game soon!:goodjob:

Seeing the results of my own game (1466 dom victory but the last 40 years were settling the voids and waiting border pops), i can confirm that a very early rush with an army of only immortals is powerfull indeed.

The very nice thing is that when opponents start to be a bit tougher (cities with culture at 60% + wall, protective), you have plenty of combat IV or V immortals that can handle that. The heavy loss are not a problem, as those guys are so cheap. I think i got more than 10 GG (all settled spare the medicIII).

The only city before longbows i had to wait for cats was Wong capital (protective) which was on hill and with 10 defenders.

The RE economy (razing ;) ) seems to work and dont slow you down. A very nice trick is to spam missionaries each time you take a shrine, that helps a lot. Razed 20 cities or so.

Also i did capture the GW early which was great (razing cities means a lot of voids for barbs ), then the ToA which generated some GMs.

I was at war 99% of the time.

I did go cottages, the economy was a bit shaky (running deficit balanced by cities ransoms) but teched at good pace (lib in 1050AD). I would have probably switched to SE if i had captured the pyramids earlier (around 1000AD too).

If Pangea, going conquest should be even easier, here i had brennus on an island by himself.

Edit :
Point noteworthy : immortals have strong bonus attacking axes and archery, not swords. Against someone like Shaka, who favor them, be carefull

Top Bottom