3rd Unit: Bulldozer

So strange.... earlier it looked brown and now it looks black again.... same monitor. Gad!

I was not trying to pick on your unit. Add dirt if you're in the mood, but don't sweat it. I think it is quite useable as is.

Oh, do you need the "dust/dirt" from the wheels of one of my units? I just noticed you used smoke for that. Which is ok, but I can save you the trouble if you want.

Oh, do you need the "dust/dirt" from the wheels of one of my units? I just noticed you used smoke for that. Which is ok, but I can save you the trouble if you want.

That would be great! Can you PM it to me? It would probably be good to see how others have been solving the movement problem. The best I could think of at the moment was placing two rotating cylinders on a transparent axle and having them rotate behind the wheels. The material in the cylinders is actually not smoke but one of the other presets I found in Bryce. I forget which one and don't have Bryce up at the moment. :)

This is going to make you mad but I just saw something wrong with your animation. Bjornlo has come to rely on my eagle-eye when it comes to these things: The wood texture you are using for your dozer color is on the wrong setting. I can tell it's on WORLD SPACE rather than OBJECT SPACE. How? When the bulldozer moves forward, the texture stays put. Just something to think about.

This is going to make you mad but I just saw something wrong with your animation. Bjornlo has come to rely on my eagle-eye when it comes to these things: The wood texture you are using for your dozer color is on the wrong setting. I can tell it's on WORLD SPACE rather than OBJECT SPACE. How? When the bulldozer moves forward, the texture stays put. Just something to think about.

Very true. Wyrmshadow has a gift for spotting anomolies. He has helped me on number of occasions.

And, now that he says it, it is quite obvious... somehow my eyes followed the motion and missed the texture not moving.

If it wasn't such a thankless, stressful job, he'd make a great air traffic controller, software tester, etc.... any place the instant ability to spot a deviation in a pattern is needed. This particular find of his is not his most impressive (even though the rest of the forum missed it). he has found some really small stuff in some of my things. Like a bump map disappearing in a frame and reappearing in the blink of an eye later. I never did see that until I went frame by frame and he was right. Freaky.

World space means the image co-ordinates are always relative to the whole scene. While object space has the same general mapping, but the image co-ordinates move with the object.

I didn't realize these settings existed. I was wondering about that myself. Where do I go to toggle the "world space/object space" setting? :confused: [EDIT: never mind I found it. I thought it would be in the camera menu at first.]

Thanks,

Hey. I love the unit. I really like it and really need it. My question is about the old version. You mentioned that it did not have a driver. Wuld it be possible that I get a hold of that version somehow? If not, I will happily use it as is. I was just curious. Thanks.

Hey. I love the unit. I really like it and really need it. My question is about the old version. You mentioned that it did not have a driver. Wuld it be possible that I get a hold of that version somehow? If not, I will happily use it as is. I was just curious. Thanks.

Hi WilliamofOrange, the first incarnation of this unit didn't have a driver nor civ color incorporated into it. With the driver I added civ color. I can upload the old version if you want it but it's not really a complete unit. :(

ahh, well thanks anyway then. I want the civ colour. It´s all good. Look for it in use in the near future.

Top Bottom