Malakhim (11-6-07)

odintheking

Lighting the way...
Okay, so I love making angels, and I figured I'd make a really badass one. So he's black and has two longswords. I know, awesome, right? Sorry, no unit pack, ;), but the animations make up for it. Thanks to Kinboat, Utah, and some dude at Renderosity for the props/figures. Sounds were too hard (how do you find the sound of an angel dying?) so I didn't do them,but I would LOVE someone to find some. I did a full set of animations (3 attacks) and tried my best to animate the wings, but they still don't look quite realistic. Anyway, my batch converter expired, so no animated preview (I would appreciate one of those too.) Enjoy! And expect more angels in the future...

Wreak the Lord's Vengeance!

Very nice, as usual, Odin! I can't wait to see more!

Is he in any relation to Dogma`s 13th Apostle? :hmm:

Anyhoo, I like the attacks, they`re great, but the wings really need further work. They are a part of him, of his body, but they seem like.. Poser props.

They should fold when he`s standing, actually, they should be folded at all times except in victory and perhaps the fidget animation. What I am saying is, wings are for flying. He ain`t flying...

Oh, and I find the whole idea very cool :cool:

This is a great-looking unit, a really original design. I love the dual-wield attacks. The whole thing works really well.

It's got some flaws, though... no Death animation?? How powerful is this guy? Also no Fortify. The Fidget animation runs far too slowly - I think really it needs to have more frames of animation.

As others have said, the wings do need to move more, especially in the Run. He doesn't have to fly but he ought to flap his wings, or at the very least swing them back - if he runs with them out to the sides like that he's not very aerodynamic. Did you ever play Dungeon Keeper II? The Dark Angel in that had animations of the kind I'm thinking of.

One other thing: did you use CivIIIFlcEdit to put the flics together? Because I think you've got the extra frame bug. It's easiest to see in Flicster (there's a pause every time the animations cycle) but it will show in the game too.

For batch conversion, try Omniformat. It makes you install several pieces of software together but it's the only decent batch conversion tool I've found that is really free and doesn't expire.

For batch conversion, try Omniformat. It makes you install several pieces of software together but it's the only decent batch conversion tool I've found that is really free and doesn't expire.
Do you know of Irfanview?

Dammit, the death was my favorite animation! It's now in the zip. Take a look at it, I really like it. And yes, I am aware of how the wings don't look right. But they're a pain in the ass to animate well in Poser. I tried to make them as realistic as possible, but it's still not great. Maybe next angel unit, ;).

Agreed, I will alter some flc speeds, and improve the fidget and run. And perhaps add a flying animation, as well.

Yes, I use Civ3Flc to make my flcs. Yes, I am also aware that I get the double frame thing. No, I cannot fix that. FLICster hates me, and will not work on my computer. I do not know why. I apologize, but I can't fix that..

Top Bottom