Raliuven SG3 AWE Persia

Okay, still no go-it. I'll give it 24 hours for someone to pick up and then I'll play another set so that we keep the momentum. We've had a lot of 'down time' so I want to keep things moving.

I'm better now, my guests are gone, and my Internet access at home has finally been restored after dying Monday. I should be able to participate once again.

Unless something comes up, my afternoon is free today. I'll see if I can sneak in a turnset in the next 10 hours.

Thank you! :woohoo:

Roster
Raliuven
Elephantium (just played)
CKS (Playing)
Aabraxan (on deck)
creamcheese (warming up?) - Haven't heard from creamcheese in a while.
Toxicman007 (warming up?)
TheOverseer714

Short version:
Carthage has 1 city left, in the northwest. America has 4. We haven't yet met the orange guys, north of America. It isn't clear yet whether they are on the same land mass as we are. We need to switch modes soon. I'll let Aabraxan change builds to more useful things for naval invasions and research. We've got 31 cities and spots for about that many more. America has nothing techwise, but Carthage knows feudalism. I think we should delay killing off Carthage until we've met the orange guys, in hopes of getting us out of the AA.

Turn log:
Turn 0: (350 AD) Unit support is a killer - 59 gpt. We are losing 13 gpt at 0% science and 10% lux.

IBT: Regular sword loses hp to defending archer, then kills 5/5 immortals.
Pasagardae settler to settler, Arbela immortals to settler, Sumeria barracks to immortals.

Turn 1: Build Dariush Kabir, start cat.
Cats at Rusicade go 3/4, Cyrus' army takes the city and a worker. 1 resistor and 4 taxmen. Start on a worker. Vet immortals kills the sword that got our elite immortals.
Cats go 1/4 at Leptis Minor, 4/4 immortals dies, 2xelite immortals win, take the city and a worker. Two resistors and 2 taxmen. Start on wealth. Elite immortals kills reg. sword flawlessly. We can see America's iron colony.
Road hill on the way to Atlanta, but stack stops to deal with a spear next to Hamadan. Archer 4/5 kills it.
IBT:
Antioch, Gordium immortals to immortals

Turn 2:
Step on America's iron colony. Movement.
IBT: Archer kills a horse. Lots of swords move out of Carthage. Korea builds ToA.

turn 3:
Atlanta: Cats get 2 hits, Immortals kills spear, horse dies. E archer kills archer.
Hadrumetum: Cats hit twice, Vet immortals is hit by a cat, then redlines killing NM. E immortals kills NM, takes city and cat. 2 resistors, start on wealth. Vet archer dies promoting redlined archer to 2/4. 2/5 immortals kills archer after cat redlines it again.
Advance on Carthage, armies kill 2 swords along the way.
IBT:Settler to immortals in Arbela and Persepolis. Carthage starts Sun Tzu's.

Turn 4:
Cats hit 4 times at Carthage. Armies kill 3 NM, take city and 2 workers. 2 resistors and 5 taxmen, start a settler. Immortals kills sword.
Atlanta cats hit once, Immortals kills spear, 5/5 archer dies without scratching 2/3 spear.
IBT: Antioch immortals to immortals

Turn 5:
Cats hit 2/3 times at Atlanta, Archer kills redlined spear, takes city and a worker.
E immortals takes out American settler pair.
IBT: Settler to settler in Pasagardae.

Turn 6:
Cats get 6 hits at Oea. Army kills 2 NM, immortals kills archer, takes city. 2 resistors and 2 taxmen.
Cats go 1/5 at Cirta. Lose an immortals and an archer killing one NM.
Build Ghulaman.
IBT:

Turn 7:
Cats hit once at Cirta, E immortals destroys city, captures a worker.
IBT: Nothing exciting

Turn 8:
4 Cat hits at Utica, 2 vet immortals wins, take city.
New York: Vet, elite immortals win, take city and a worker. E immortal kills archer.
Build Istakhr.
IBT:

Turn 9:
Build Jinjan.
Army kills 2 NM, takes Hippo.
Immortals kills spear, destroys Houston.
IBT: Nothing

Turn 10:
Vet Immortals dies, Elite immortals and elite archer kill NM, take Sabratha.
Army kills NM, takes Theveste.
Horse kills spear at Chicago.

Attachments

• RSG3 450AD.SAV
    192.1 KB · Views: 42
We should stop building units until we have enough cities to cut unit support costs...our military is drowning us :(

We are making money; we have about 25 fewer unsupported units now, so our immediate cash crisis is past (though it is still fair to say the unit upkeep is drowning us). A lot of land is now safe to settle. We might consider cash rushing some settlers in old Carthage as travel time from the core is long, especially since we don't know engineering.

Well, if creamcheese isn't responding, I can go after Aabraxan. Especially if he plays his set today and/or tomorrow so I can get a nice, long, boring Sunday to play.

If we luck into a leader, maybe we should build the FP in some greener pastures. Also, is there a thought on a palace jump, or is that an unnecessary delay?

I think a palace jump is a worthy idea. Once we pick a site, maybe we should rush the new Palace with a Leader? After rushing the FP, of course.

Well, if creamcheese isn't responding, I can go after Aabraxan. Especially if he plays his set today and/or tomorrow so I can get a nice, long, boring Sunday to play.

Aabraxan any chance you can get to this or should Toxicman007 take a turn?

I can now say that I have got it! I'll start playing in about an hour or so, after I've eaten and such.

Well, that was rather eventful!
Short version: We are in the Middle Ages, Carthage is dead, we now control the entire southern part of our continent (the only thing connecting us to the northern part are a couple of mountains, brilliant chokepoint), and that's pretty much it.

Spoiler :

Turn 0
Open CAII, notepad. Look around at changes, very pleased. Hit enter.
Goals for turnset: Meet orange people, take more of America. Kill Carthage AFTER meeting orange people.
IBT: Pasagardae settler->settler. Reistance in X ended. Antioch Immortals->Heroic Epic in 20 turns (because why not). Bactra Immortals->Settler. Resistance in Hadrumentum ended. Nora Harbor->Galley.

Turn 1
Catapults outside New York unable to proceed to Philadelphia (damn mountains).
2 Cats outside Chicago bombard, Spearmen to 1/3. Veteran horse kills spear, takes Chicago. Three slaves gained.
Vet archer kills reg archer outside Chicago.
IBT: Persepolis Immortals->Immortals. Sidon Barracks->Settler.

Turn 2
Vet archer loses to reg spear in Philadelphia. Vet Immortals kills reg spear in Philadelphia. Elite Immortals kills reg spear in Philadelphia. Takes Philadelphia, 3 new slaves.
Looks like America is down to two cities, one on possible island w/ orange people.
IBT: Resistance in Utica ended. Samaria Immortals-> Settler.

Turn 3
Not a lot going on, moving some units around etc. Starting to think about possible naval invasion of Miami.
IBT: Gordium Immortals->Settler. Sardis Catapult->Catapult.

Turn 4
MEET NETHERLANDS. They are in MA, little money, 14 cities. Declare war.
Found Borazjan. Make Galley.
IBT: Code of Laws, Currency, The Republic, Construction gained. Feudalism freebie. Start on Monotheism (-- turns). Persepolis Immortals -> Aqueduct. Zohak worker->Catapult.

Turn 5
Again, not much. Moving some units around. Saw that the only land-based way to the Netherlands is through jungle, marsh and mountains. Could be a pain for the catas.
IBT:pasagardae Settler->Harbor. Bactra Settler->Immortals.

Turn 6
Vet archer kills reg spear in San Fransisco (I think... I forgot the name just after I razed it. Ah well.). One slave gained.
Six vet Immortals now outside Saldae. Next turn, no more Carthage.
Vet Immortals kills reg Dutch Warrior. A small taste of things to come.
IBT: Dutch Galleys exploring. Arbela Harbor->Marketplace. Sulcis Library->Settler

Turn 7
Move up towards Miami, American Warrior in the way. Will murder next turn.
Vet Immortals kill reg NM in Saldae. Vet Immortals kill reg NM in Saldae, takes city.

IBT: New York Worker->Galley. Expand palace (two expansions), make nicer garden and main palace.

Turn 8
Found Herat (not really best location, but whatever). Start Pikeman.
Move units around. Will soon reach Miami.
IBT: Cadiz Harbor->Marketplace. Samaria Settler-> Immortals. Nora Galley->Galley. Dariush Kabir Catapult->Pikeman.

Turn 9
Warrior blocking way to Miami, not going to attack with spearman. Move more units around.
IBT: Gordium Settler->Immortals. Sabratha Worker->Galley. Ergili Walls->Immortals.

Turn 10
Move more units around. Elite Immortals kills reg Warrior, redlined (damn you, RNG).
Done.

I don't really have any ideas for further planning. I was thinking Sun Tzu's could be very useful, but very costly and probably unnecessary.

EDIT: Forgot the save.
EDIT2: Wrong save, lol

Attachments

• RSG3 550AD.SAV
    199.6 KB · Views: 75
Nice! :goodjob: Somehow this seems easier than the AW games I've tried to play by myself. :crazyeye:

Roster
Raliuven (warming up)
Elephantium
CKS
Toxicman007 (just played)
Aabraxan (Playing)
TheOverseer714 (on deck)
creamcheese (missing in action?)

Top Bottom