Official Rage Thread

Why anybody uses B command to fire while you have Right Click is incomprehensible for me :lol:

There is one and only ome thing which enrages me in this game - AI turn times. Yeah, I know, nice graphics, hundreds of units, big maps, computer which can flawlessy run next - gen games almost overheats with Civ5 :p but still, come on :p

On end turn choose strategic map view and set all options to quick: quick combat, quick movement. This increased turn speed a lot for me...

This is one that get REEEEEALY to my nerves. send a missionary (or whatever) to another continent... After some time wondering WHY THE HECK didn't it get there yet, discover that it is going north on one turn... then going south the next turn... north one turn, south another turn. Then discover that the reason is that the pathfinding AI can "see" that there is a unit blocking the way, even when you don't...

That is why most of the time I move my units manually :mad:

I’ve got a rant I need to get off my chest: I’m sick and tired of losing all my Trade Routes because I’m the only person on the planet that can be bothered to kill barbarians. C’mon, AI idiots, pick up the slack! I can’t afford to build enough units to cover every square inch of the world! It’s bad enough that I’m losing Cargo Ships in the middle of the sea, but quite often they’re being captured right on the edge of the destination city’s borders. Put a little effort into guarding your coast is all I’m asking!
I agree. It is very frustrating.

^^IF you focus your units on hunting down barbarians then you wouldn't have that problem.. It seems that most people focus on getting that wonder spam win with tradition which does work and is a great strategy btw.

^^I do. I can't go around killing ALL the barb camps, especially when they are in the AI territory (unless I have open borders with said AI).

Why can't the AI kill a barb camps that are only a couple of tiles away from it's own city? Or protect the sea routes when there's a barb camp right on their coast near their city.

This has nothing to do with wonder spamming.

^^IF you focus your units on hunting down barbarians then you wouldn't have that problem.. It seems that most people focus on getting that wonder spam win with tradition which does work and is a great strategy btw.

It really shouldn't be my job to take out Barb camps right on the fringes of other civ's territories late in the game. They could lift a finger to help out once in a while too. My units are too busy doing other things in my own neighborhood to be diverted to mopping up around their empires as well.

^^Exactly. And besides the AI not doing anything about the camps, they sit there contentedly while the barbs pillage their tiles and don't do a thing about it.

one of the most unhappy things that can happen is meeting Alex early...

I have fun with my Keshiks, they all have about 1000+ experience.

Accidentally clicked upgrade instead of skip turn.

Loud words of anger with yelled.

This may have already been said, but:

If a CS wants my religion--QUIT BLOCKING MY GREAT PROPHETS

Get a lancer with coastal riders and siege promotion killed by a knight.

My first deity attempt after playing a long time on Warlord and Immortal, I'm in a space race with Washington who's on the other side of the map and surrounded by allies (so no chance to get anyone to DOW him). I've just been turtling as the Shoshone after neighbor Mongolia DOW'd me along with Rome, and each time I tried to push back and take a city I ended up losing all my units (and restarting).

I'm finally down to the last spaceship part, but Washington just completed the second-to-last one on the previous turn. I sent a spy over to check out what he's doing, and I have 7 turns left on my final part. My palms are sweating as I'm really hoping to nail this. The next turn by spy gets vision, and what do I see? The last part 1 turn away from finishing :mad: I click next turn just to get the fail screen and watch his spaceship blast off in my face. So close!

I did manage to pull it off next game as India though, and got my first (and only) Deity win.

145. Team up with one AI to go to war against another AI, your units do all the work and take all the hits wearing down a city's defenses to one last turn, and then your ally swoops in and takes the city. HEY! THAT WAS MINE, YOU A------!!!

145. Team up with one AI to go to war against another AI, your units do all the work and take all the hits wearing down a city's defenses to one last turn, and then your ally swoops in and takes the city. HEY! THAT WAS MINE, YOU A------!!!

There is a real art form to making sure the AI don't snatch your cities :). It's pretty comical that dance.

146. City-State quest: "Build a road to Yerevan." Various Armenian units proceed to block the only available path for the next 100 years.

Actually, I've played games where the AI does all the work, and then I'm the one who swoops in with a single unit and takes the city. :lol:

"Hi. This is your best friend Brazil. I want you to denounce your other best friend, Persia."

Umm. (Backstab penalty?). "No."

BRAZIL HAS DENOUNCED YOU.

PERSIA HAS DENOUNCED YOU.

...!!!

DoW. Times ten. Criminy.

My vote for this... WHY, WHYYYYY does a ranged unit promote to a MELEE one??? :lol:

Balance, I suppose.

At least I had surplus experience to snag a few more promotions.

Top Bottom