PLEASE recommend me map type to play

Subotai777

Warlord
I was playing Giant Earth Map from Gedemon a LOT and now I want to try something else.PLEASE recommend me map type which is most fun to play.Thanks in advance

Shuffle you never know what type of map you're going to get. Keeps it interesting each game

If you have Scrambled Continents, Small Continents Plus is awesome with every civ. Otherwise, Fractal is my favorite, though I generally use random.org to know which map i'll play.

Shuffle. It can generate some really strange landmasses. Also, if it rolls you sparse resources, it can make things a little more challenging.

If you have Scrambled Continents, Small Continents Plus is awesome with every civ. Otherwise, Fractal is my favorite, though I generally use random.org to know which map i'll play.

Actually sometimes Small Continents plus scripts the map to be a Pangea, it's actually quite common in my games despite the map name being Small Continents.

A new mod, an ALPHA, by [MAGOG]Kruelgor ;" CivRome"now in Workshop, is what I've been hooked on since mid-July . Quite interesting and addictive !!

Do Europe and set all civs to Europe teams like Germany France Dutch Russia England Rome Austria Venice Spain Portugal Huns Poland Sweden Denmark celts ottomans then you'll have the right civs with right mso

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Canada map type is actually pretty fun. Great if you're the Iroqouis for the forests. Oval is great as well and I kinda enjoy Antarctica thawed.

The Canada map type is actually pretty fun. Great if you're the Iroqouis for the forests.

Best enjoyed with the Canada, Dene, Inuit, Blackfoot, and Sioux mods.

Well this really depends on what you find 'fun' in a map exactly.

For me it is usually Continents in order to enjoy some Naval Options/Sea Trade/New Continents to Discover.

Yeah, Archipelago is awful. Small continents is Archipelago with enough room to grow before Optics and usually enough shallow water connecting everything to explore the whole world before renaissance.

Also, Shuffle is amazing. I hate 50% of the maps it gives, but not knowing helps rekindle those feelings of nervous excitement from when you first started playing the game. What is out there, beyond our borders?

I've been playing Oval almost exclusively. While it might be the most boring sounding map ever, it's really a pretty neat variant on a Pangaea.

You get a single continent, about twice as wide as it is high. The smooth oval shape is broken up by shallow-water bays that cut up to a third of the way into the continent. Inland seas sometimes replace a bay, or a large lake. Players get distributed roughly around the outside.

It's got all the advantages of a Pangaea, but naval units and techs are still relevant as a lot of cities end up near the bays. I might do up a thread with some pictures to show all the things I like about it.

Yeah, Archipelago is awful. Small continents is Archipelago with enough room to grow before Optics and usually enough shallow water connecting everything to explore the whole world before renaissance.

Also, Shuffle is amazing. I hate 50% of the maps it gives, but not knowing helps rekindle those feelings of nervous excitement from when you first started playing the game. What is out there, beyond our borders?

In contrast, I have enjoyed Archipelago Maps. there is no need to worry about/prepare for an early DoW as it would have to be a Naval Fight, and choke points are easy to arrange by Settling Strategically on most Archipelago Maps. You can build a Strong Navy of Triremes and Galleasses/Frigates and Privateers and sign Pirate Songs as you take out AI's at your leisure on any Difficulty Level.

I've been playing Oval almost exclusively. While it might be the most boring sounding map ever, it's really a pretty neat variant on a Pangaea.

You get a single continent, about twice as wide as it is high. The smooth oval shape is broken up by shallow-water bays that cut up to a third of the way into the continent. Inland seas sometimes replace a bay, or a large lake. Players get distributed roughly around the outside.

It's got all the advantages of a Pangaea, but naval units and techs are still relevant as a lot of cities end up near the bays. I might do up a thread with some pictures to show all the things I like about it.

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that one before. Do naval civs sometimes attack across the ocean gap, so that if they are founded on the east of the oval, they go attack a civ on the far west of the oval by crossing the ocean?

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that one before. Do naval civs sometimes attack across the ocean gap, so that if they are founded on the east of the oval, they go attack a civ on the far west of the oval by crossing the ocean?

Yes, last game I played the Dutch wrapped around and settled both ends of the oval. Pissed off the Zulus living on that end though, and that city didn't last long, but William defended with Sea Beggars and held.

I personally like Continents a lot. I like the idea of having two sides of the world that grow up completely separated from each other until "Navigation". It makes the "exploration" factor something to enjoy and look forward to in mid game and not just the beginning.

Try Communitas map with sparse resources setting. You will have to download the map script as it is not part of the base game.

Top Bottom