The only thing worse than losing a wonder by one turn...

johnny5000

Chieftain
Is using an engineer to complete a wonder, and THEN losing the wonder by one turn. :mad:
RAGEQUIT.

How about this:

Losing the Space Race when you had one more turn until you built your last part. GAME OVER. This happened to me as the Maya recently...would have been the first time I won on Emperor.

Try losing a wonder by one turn on marathon sometime.

spawning with no river with aztecs and losing merchant of venice on the turn it spawns(outside your capital) to barbs......

Getting beat to a diplo victory 1 turn before you complete your last spaceship part after that civ nuked the city you were building the part in.

I will sadly admit that this very unfortunate event of being Wonder Sniped on a Key Wonder after using a Great Engineer recently caused me to throw my wireless mouse in disgust. This was a most unfortunate rage moment, as my mouse ricocheted and fractured one of my three $200 monitors. Heavy price to pay for my ragequit :(

Losing the next wonder you try for by 1 one turn also (this assumes you didn't rage quit...or if you're like me you rage quit, and come back awhile later). Then there was the game where I earned the "You got beaten to 10 or more wonders" achievement. That was a long time ago, but it made me laugh when I saw it.

Problem: Solved.

What truly earns a rage quit is playing 100 - 150 turns as a civ with a sweet UU, exploring the entire continent and not finding a shred of the resource you need to build it. And yes, even the city states got nothing. (Japan with no iron, Mongolia with no horses, etc)

I have lost 3 Wonders in One game by 1 turn. Two of them was hurried with engineer :( I didnt quit but didnt win either

Losing the next wonder you try for by 1 one turn also (this assumes you didn't rage quit...or if you're like me you rage quit, and come back awhile later). Then there was the game where I earned the "You got beaten to 10 or more wonders" achievement. That was a long time ago, but it made me laugh when I saw it.

Going "Darn I missed that wonder, let's try for this one instead" is often considered an amateur mistake. The idea is that if you start building a wonder the moment it's available and fail, what makes you any more likely to succeed in getting one that's been available for a while?

Going "Darn I missed that wonder, let's try for this one instead" is often considered an amateur mistake. The idea is that if you start building a wonder the moment it's available and fail, what makes you any more likely to succeed in getting one that's been available for a while?

Wonders are a tempting and tricky thing imho. They are useful in many ways, but I do not think that they are necessary to win the game. I have come to think of them as nice things to build if I have the time, the production, and I am ready to accept Fail Gold when I try to get a Wonder on Emperor+

Didn't say you have to try again immediately all I said was the next one you try for, might be much later, but you are wrong: some wonders are more coveted than others by the AI so if you lose one of the coveted ones and you immediately try for one of the others that they don't always go for you may well get it. I play on immortal mostly I ain't no armature :)

While losing wonders is the worst, I've actually had situations where it was the very beginning of the game and I got snaked out of a wonder, but it ended up helping me because I was hemorrhaging gold, and got a great gold bust from losing the wonder.

Top Bottom