[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

So a group of our friends wanted to play Fall From Heaven 2 with some modifications.
Limited Units per Tile
and
Surround and Destroy Mod!

https://mega.co.nz/#!VU5zEKaL!Si46gt4x2tZsDssAquFgjHuQQ7fmsO6Cez4-lzgAjyQ

This package is a patch for Fall From Heaven 2 Patch ‘o’.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171398

After playing online with some friends, we thought it’d be cool to do away with Stacks of Doom.

It is basically FFH2 Patch ‘o’ with these two mods added.
[VK]s Plot Capacity 1.3
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=372716

Dexy’s Surround and Destroy
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=341550

Here's some more background here:
http://adriangin.wordpress.com/2014/06/01/civilization-4-multiplayer-modding-and-fall-from-heaven-2/

I need help please, I'm creating a simple scenario from the current FFH2 mod but I do not know enough about these units and unit balancing.

It's a Good vs Evil 3 vs 3 plus 2 Neutral players, both 3 player teams have selected a team captain and has selected a breakdown of unit types (max 12 units per player) horse, scout, Mage etc.
and I'm wanting to give each unit (1~50 experience) for the player to promote each unit as he likes, but I've been told some units are very strong and would dominate the game if given initial exp.

In addition the 2 Neutral players do not have a group of units selected so I'd like to work this out.

Neutral player #1 Dragons (me) I harass all players but I don't want 12 Dragons so for the sake of survival I want as many as balancing would allow.

Neutral player #2 Adventurers, this player may attach himself to either the Good or Evil side and effect the game Greatly, these 12 units will be from a completed tech tree or rather this player has unlimited capabilities.

This scenario is based on the player's standing Armies and not based on training units over time, I want it to be short and thrilling and replayable.

I know that certain techs must be enabled and resources connected but I need to be sure all of the correct stuff is done. I'm worried that there will be a dramatic unbalanced mess if I don't find the right person to help me.

Please help me, please PM me and thank you!

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=500718

Hi,

Due to 1 bad disc for BTS I had to re buy it on steam, I am trying to ghet thsi mod to work, I have downloaded it and put it in :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

I do not see it on the list nor get it to run. Any help with this would be great.

Hi,

Due to 1 bad disc for BTS I had to re buy it on steam, I am trying to ghet thsi mod to work, I have downloaded it and put it in :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

I do not see it on the list nor get it to run. Any help with this would be great.

If it doesnt exist there, try to look in documents. Steam has this tendency to put the mod folder there.

I was very interested in a mini mod that was released for FfH2 that included an aspect where when you summon the Infernals into the game is gives you a random choice between several other demonic lords each with their own civics and unique models, Hyborem of course was still a part of the RnG, however when I try to find that mini mod I just come up with Orbis, Fall Further and Rise from Erebus which none of them have that remarkable feature! I'm going crazy here, somebody please tell me what mod that was!!

Do you mean my MagisterModmod?

You can find a link in my signature if that is what you want.

A long time ago I made the Infernal Pact ritual summon a random Demon Lord, but more recently I instead make it trigger an event letting you choose between any of the Demon Lords that has not yet been summoned. Each team can complete the ritual up to 3 times to summon up to 3 of the 7 demon lords. You get a different bonus depending on which you choose. (For example, summoning Juddecca grants Twincast to your Ritualists, while summoning Lethe boosts the yields of Demons Altars and summon Ouzza makes your Pit Beasts and Chaos Marauders Strong.

Each demon lord is a different unit, so it of course has different graphics. Some of the units that are summoned with them are different too (for example, Duke Sallos starts with Succubi), but they don't have a different ArtStyle or anything.

They don't have different Civics either.

Okay, so I'm having a really odd issue. CIV IV BTS on steam and and have run this mod many times. When I run it now however the home screen has changed to a shirtless man and Keelyn is unavailable?

Which is better between Fall From Heaven II and Ashes of Erebus? (not sure whether AOE is a modmod of FFH or FFH 2)

IIRC, there is no released original FFH. The original FFH was produced as a kind of demo that Kael used to attract interest in the project and build a team to work on the mod he actually wanted. That mod was released as FFH2.

I'm personally not a fan of Ashes of Erebus. It adds a lot of stuff to the game but some of it doesn't really mesh well with the universe and/or play very well. It has some serious balance issues last time I checked as well. But it's still in development so might have improved by now. Some people love AoE so YMMV.

I would play FFH2 or look at MNAI (More Naval AI) which, despite the name, improves the AI in every part of the game. The most important difference IMO, is the AI is actually okay at using magic, world spells and other FFH2 mechanics. ExtraModMod is also good. Incorporating the AI improvements of MNAI while also fixing bugs, making small balance changes and adding a few smallish new pieces of content.

EDIT: For the full FFH2 experience I would also download and use the Erebus Continent map-script which creates cool fantasy worlds to play in without the gameplay problems of the base FFH2 Erebus map-script.

Last edited:
The main drawback to FfH2 is that Kael stopped working on it years ago when he took the job at Stardock, so it was left somewhat unfinished. Since it's no longer being developed, at some point you'll encounter a game-breaking bug or crash that will never be fixed. Still, that's where it all started, so definitely give it a try if you haven't yet.

I pretty much exclusively play Ashes of Erebus. AoE is based on Rise from Erebus (RifE), which was in turn based on the modmod Fall Further. There are new civs, changes to the original civs, etc. I personally enjoy the new content, but others don't, so it's really a matter of taste. And it's still being actively developed, so bugs can get fixed.

To pick up on what @Set said, MNAI probably comes closest to the original FfH2. It began as an effort to improve how the AI uses navies, which isn't really a problem in regular BtS, but somehow ended up being a problem in FfH2. I haven't looked at it in a while, but I understand it made other changes as well, mainly efforts to improve gameplay rather than adding major new content.

The main drawback to FfH2 is that Kael stopped working on it years ago when he took the job at Stardock, so it was left somewhat unfinished. Since it's no longer being developed, at some point you'll encounter a game-breaking bug or crash that will never be fixed. Still, that's where it all started, so definitely give it a try if you haven't yet.

I pretty much exclusively play Ashes of Erebus. AoE is based on Rise from Erebus (RifE), which was in turn based on the modmod Fall Further. There are new civs, changes to the original civs, etc. I personally enjoy the new content, but others don't, so it's really a matter of taste. And it's still being actively developed, so bugs can get fixed.

To pick up on what @Set said, MNAI probably comes closest to the original FfH2. It began as an effort to improve how the AI uses navies, which isn't really a problem in regular BtS, but somehow ended up being a problem in FfH2. I haven't looked at it in a while, but I understand it made other changes as well, mainly efforts to improve gameplay rather than adding major new content.

Thanks, for the info - but do you mean that MNAI is a modmod of FFH2? OR would i need to have FFH2 and MNAI installed? And if the latter should I also install it along with Ashes of Erebus, or does AOE not have the same AI problems?

Thanks, for the info - but do you mean that MNAI is a modmod of FFH2? OR would i need to have FFH2 and MNAI installed? And if the latter should I also install it along with Ashes of Erebus, or does AOE not have the same AI problems?

MNAI is indeed a modmod of FfH2. From what I've read in the MNAI thread, it installs as a patch to FfH2, so you do need to have FfH2 installed first; if you want to have both FfH2 and MNAI, then you need to make a backup of FfH2. (Read the instructions, I might be wrong on the details.)

It's been a while since I downloaded Ashes of Erebus, so check that thread for download and installation instructions. I don't remember if you need FfH2 installed first -- you might, fi AoE copies some FfH2 files, I just don't remember at this point.

I haven't played MNAI or ExtraModMod (based on MNAI), so I don't know how the AI in AoE compares to them, sorry.

This specifically is not true with MNAI-U at least, see the instructions on the download pages: installer or archive.

The still-maintained modmods (Ashes of Erebus, MagisterModMod, Extramodmod, and MNAI-U) should all work side-by-side.

My mistake, sorry. As I said, it's been a while since I downloaded and installed a new modmod, so I'm fuzzy on the details.

By the way, impressive that you're maintaining both MNAI-U and Extramodmod. Thanks for that.

There is a FFH prior to FFH 2. I don’t know whether it was meant as a demo or not. It was playable and was named Fall From Heaven. It was not very polished, but was still fun at the time. Kael used some images from Age of Wonders for leader heads. I remember hill giants then were just scaled warriors.

It has been so many years but some of my very fondest gaming memories were playing FFH2. I now have teenage kids who I want to introduce civ4 to and FFH2. I downloaded the full Civ4 collection, but I am rusty on how to get FFH2 installed correctly. I am happy to install other recommended mods to make FFH2 better, but I am feeling lost in the resource section. Can someone walk me through a few steps of what is essential to do this installation? (key patch recommendations and instructions would be great too.)

As a side note: over the years I have really gotten into board games, my kids introduced me to Dead Man's Draw and later while I was doing a deep dive into what Kael was up to I chanced upon the fact that he had developed the card game as a reskin for Somnium! Wow, what a small world! Could someone please pass on a shout out and best wishes to Kael for the decades of awesome he has created!

I think the link for Download is broken. Does anyone have the files so we can play FFH2 ?

I think the link for Download is broken. Does anyone have the files so we can play FFH2 ?
I do have + patch o and extramodmod_v0.5.2. Never uploaded files to internet though. How do I do it without too much hassle?

Edit: The download link seems to work for me as intended. You could look up the internet for solutions. Is there some incompatibility with your browser, for example...

Last edited:
Top Bottom