OCC on Deity

...since you can't abuse those food cargo ships.

Early trades routes to AI for the science are also OP -- so it should work okay for you. Trade routes also seem to be surprising effective for avoiding DoW. But maybe that is more actedoctal -- as I have not seen any numbers...

The current DCL is also pretty fun to go OCC on. Apart from 30 or so turns where I occupied (temporarily a few Japanese cities), I played the map as OCC. Great starting position for peaceful Freedom.

I had it pretty close.
Playing Poland, I had a coastal plains start with a river, 4 wheat, 2 gold (settled on other), 1 incense and 2 fish.
Built the Stonehenge, got Sun-God, built Oracle, Hagia Sophia and even Borobudur... I was rolling in cash with my religion (got it to be world religion later on, too!), over 20 cities following it.
Everything went along nicely until ideologies showed up. I went Freedom, my only neighbour (I'm on a peninsula) and runaway Sejong Order. Around t220 he DOWed me. He has an endless army, and refuses to make peace, destroying my trade routes and CS resources. Didn't bother continuing.

My advice: never neglect military to the point where you can be removed from the game if diplomacy breaks down. Building enough troops to repel an invasion will NOT slow you down enough to risk losing.

yeah, you can definitely get out lots of military when doing OCC if you're not trying to wonderwhore

Hey, you can do both easily. Buy the units, and get them given to you. I still feel that 3/4 of the CFC Deity players aren't making the most of the CS.

My suggestion for OCC is Patronage, and getting your width from CS alliances.

Babylon or Korea, mountain + river should be enough to get SV before AI. But playing OCC on bad start is not fun, so reroll, reroll, reroll.:)

Top Bottom