The Deity Challenge Lineup - Game # 1 - The Zulus

I played until about t150 again and again the game started crashing to the point I am not dedicated enough to reload every other autosave. Will prepare a proper writeup with pics and all that jazz later, a bit short on time atm. But I will be very interested to see how glory and everybody else deals with Dido. Her location sucks. I have 3.5 capitals down, 3.5 more to go. London is there for me to take it - York is mine already and with 5445 generals I have it's not a factor. Babylon, Siam and America are down. Currently at war with Pocatello (backstabbed me), so I'll march slowly through French lands and from his cap to Paris with reinforcement from my capital. Should not be a problem. Dido is another story... She's tech leader and allied almost all CS. And her location sucks.... Did I mention her location sucks? If I didn't, just so you know - it sucks. :)

Fluphen Azine, post like yours make all the difference. Cheers! :)

Fluphen Azine, post like yours make all the difference. Cheers! :)

I guess it is obvious that I have alot of free time on my hands but thanks for the ego boost! Im sorry you are having pc troubles but Im looking forward to more of your story and pics when you get the time!

I guess it is obvious that I have alot of free time on my hands but thanks for the ego boost! Im sorry you are having pc troubles but Im looking forward to more of your story and pics when you get the time!

Didn't try to boost your ego, it's just that you don't see posts like yours too often. :) Especially when many people are trying to turn everything into competition. :crazyeye:

Turns 122-163

Spoiler :
I will admit this, I am one sick individual and could use some professional help. Im in the middle of my game now and had some really tough choices for me. My game, for me, is really exciting! I get Shoshone to DOW the USA again and laugh as his units are in my borders killing some of USAs because USA won't go into my borders since not at war. I want to attack so bad I can taste it! I figure Shoshone will help and it will be 2v1. I keep waiting and have a few ideas. I don't really want to spend my GG for a Citadel but I think if I place it on the other side of the river; USA will lose alot of units. I kinda forgot how strong minutemen really are and I won't be making that mistake anytime soon. I can't stand it anymore and I ally Budapest since they have alot of units close to Boston and DOW him right up the you know what. I decide to place that Citadel Bomb anyway for some fun. Well, Shoshone really doesn't help me at all and USAs units go for Paris instead of my cap. I think ok annex Paris and rush a castle but I don't think it will work, too many MMs which is like 3 but I have only an XB and an Impi for defense. He brings a couple XBs over and I sell the buildings in Paris thinking he is going to get that cap. I figure the Shoshone will come over and get the walls down anyway and I'll get it back with the Impi and XB. The Shoshone just laugh at me. Washington marches up to UMGUNGUNDLOVU (Now that's a name!). So I counter and march mine over to Atlanta. Two can play at this game :). Im laughing at how little damage cities and XBs do to MMs. Nothing basically! I think the MMs gets stronger when you shoot them instead of losing health. Ok so Im like; "I think UMG is going to fall" so I retreat the 2 troops I have over there and am like; " I really didn't like that city anyway, take it sucker!" Ill take Atlanta, and (it's really close) I might even get Paris back too! It is not a fair trade by far but I'll manage. "A few turns earlier I bribed Dido to attack you anyway!" I think she is pressing in on Washington D.C. and here comes the turn that we are going to trade cities (maybe 3 cities changing hands in 1 turn). Well, well up pops good old George asking for white peace. You bastard I would of rather just duked it out! So I sit here thinking for about 10mins or so and I come to the conclusion that it might be better to live to fight another day and I accept. I see Shoshone made peace with him too and now USA is fighting Carthage. Im gonna get that SOB back in 10 turns though. Im a few turns from gunpowder and I think he is going to be short on troops and I hope when I get over there Carthage has his walls down. Anyway just plain good old fashioned fun and sorta realistic to me!

A few turns later and some thinking:
Spoiler :

First off thanks for the "good luck" (needle) KB. I had a good laugh at how many times you wished me that :)! All in good fun!

Next, my new found plan! Im not sure if it is going to work but this is the idea. It isn't anything new, I've seen it many times in MP and on some LPs. I got gunpowder now and Im gonna try for Oxford Dynamite and go Freedom for the 6 free FLs. Anyway that is one idea, I might not do it but it's in the back of my head and I've made that work many times before. Im just not sure if I will have the time for it. Either way this is going to be a little tricky. Im about 11% behind Carthage right now but that doesn't worry me the least. Im just going to play these next 25-50 turns nice and slow and think about how to get Washingtons Cap because he just keeps putting those Wonders in it and I am a little bitter about our 1st war!

:lol: good luck Fluphen... thanks for the write-up and comments.

However there is nothing talented about my settler roam :lol: just bad luck in hindsight if I had simply shifted my settler two tiles to the left from my starting position I'd get everything! (two sides of grassland river, wheat salt sheep dyes) :lol:
Of course with the info I had (didn't see that part of the river only saw a river north when I moved north with my warrior on the first turn, that left me wandering quite far but by far the place I chose turned out not to be that bad... gems salt truffles spice (didn't see spice when I settled though but when I saw it I rushed bought the tile) sugar, bananas, wheat, and still a river is nothing to complain about)

To anybody using glory's Zulus guide, what are you researching after Civil Service? In my game I'm tentatively going to rifles and industrialization. I'm hoping the game will be over in that general time frame.

To anybody using glory's Zulus guide, what are you researching after Civil Service? In my game I'm tentatively going to rifles and industrialization. I'm hoping the game will be over in that general time frame.

Well if your going to have the game over by Industry Im not sure your tech path will really matter from Civil Service will it? I guess gunpowder after Civil, Im not sure, I keep thinking if you have the game sewn up by that time you can do whatever you want really:)

Update of my Game: Turns 163-192

Spoiler :
What a game! I mean it... this is really fun for me. I was happy having peace and trying to get to Dynamite before going back to war. I paid England to War Babylon and Im not sure what turn, maybe 182/183, Siam and Washington... my x DOFs, team up and deicde lets get this NOOB! Ok so I know Siam isn't going to do much most likely since he is a ways off and has to go through Babylon but I bring up some units to defend. 2 turns later I get Dido to DOW Siam. I lose 1 Impi but defend my Cap with ease. I sneak around down to Philly with some Impis and 3XBs trying to get in position to sneak in when Shoshone brings down the walls. Washington goes for my only CS ally (Budapest) and knocks them out eventually. He brings some units over and I have to retreat my Eastside units (2 XBS, 2 Impis) Shoshone brings a massive attack but the land is tricky to get in. We get the walls down half way, it takes some time but I time it just right when the walls are almost all the way down to sneak in with only 1XB and 1 Impi on the Westside. Now if you look at the picture you'll notice that USA is going to get this city right back, but the damage is done and I just got oxford for Dynamite and now the fun starts. I might lose this game but Im going to get Washington D.C. if it is the last thing I do lol! You can see in the 1st pic (All Quiet on the Northern Front) Im trying to get into a good spot for when I DOW but Washington and Siam have other plans! On the 2nd pic you see Philly fall but I was looking at it again and ummm that is alot of rifles and units, funny thing though is Im back to only 5% behind Dido while my tech rate is in the cellar. Only good thing Philly has is an Obsv. and Sistine Chapel. Also, it looks funny my 1 Impi in the middle of the AIs massive amount of units on either side of me. This game is nuts! I did get PT around t175-180

"Luck" Definition by Webster : the things that happen to a person because of chance : the accidental way things happen without being planned.[/B]

This is why I always say I do not believe in "luck" I believe in a plan. (IMO) I think Glory_7's game is a prime example that so called "luck" of anything in this game (ruins, Nat Wonders, building wonders... etc) in SP, no matter the level, has nothing to do with anything in this game. I have always believed that you can not just win but destroy, crush, annihilate (same word as destroy but sounds better IMO) the AI on any level no matter the map, civ, land, policy you choose, what ruins you find... etc. I would even go as far to say if you have the right tactics and knowledge you can overcome someones finish time even if they get more of the "luck" factors in the game. Knowledge equals skill and this is a skill game (IMO) (SKILL: the ability to do something that comes from training, experience, or practice!) and "luck" has nothing to do with it. That is to say if "luck" even really does exist. Ofcourse this is just my opinion and we are all free to choose what to

I wont disagree with you that skill is a much more important factor of the puzzle.

I want to make something clear though. You seem to associate luck with the superstitious definition of it where someone just has more luck, in general, z than another. Which is why you seem to be so opposed to the word.
I do not speak for everyone but that is not the way I mean it, I certainly, like you, do not believe such things either. Or in more mathematical terms, I also do not beleive that someone can have better odds in a random event.
So when I say that something relies on luck Im not saying someone will always perform better due to some mythical powers. I simply suggest that the outcome of the event is simply randomness and that an outcome is better than another. As a result Ican say someone was luckier than another but Im not talking about odds, im talking about the result. Maybe im abusing the english language I dont know but since you seem to be so against the mention of luck I wanted to make such a precision.
And finally I obviously want to remind you of our previous discussion that when I talk about such things Im talking about a small series of outcome( only comparing one game to another for example. Even if yes true randomnes is such that every series will converge toward the same average results.

End of my offtopic, gotta occupy myself in theevenings at the hotels ;)

No sweat Acken. Hey I deal with this problem all day long in Vegas. A very high percentage of people (perhaps over 99%) use this word daily and never think twice about it. Im also willing to wager that 99% of everyone on this site and that I know personally disagree with my comments but what can I do? (I can't back these %s up either it is just a guess) It is who I am and what I believe. Im alright with it, it's how people are conditioned. In my mind Im 100% that no matter how random things might appear I know that there is still a plan. Now some might say you can have both but I don't agree with that, IMO you have to choose between the two. I was just expressing my thoughts on the game and all that. Like I said before nobody has to believe or agree, I was just showing another side of the coin so to speak. Random and Luck are basically one in the same. The definition of Random is : a haphazard course : without definite aim, direction, rule, or method. Another good word for these 2 is Chaos which Im sure you know means : a state in which everything is out of order. Last thing, I was not talking about hocus pocus, I was talking about the clear definition of the word Luck. In fairness what is the definition of the word plan? A set of actions that have been thought of as a way to do or achieve something; something that a person intends to do. Honestly though, it is very difficult to prove either side of the debate and it boils down to faith in one or the other or both if you like.

This is the second or third time you have said that I am against the word "Luck." This is not the case I am not against the word "Luck", "Random", or "Chaos." However I do not believe that they truly exist since ofcourse I believe they are all one in the same. It is the same with the words: "Unicorn", "Dragon", and "Flying Pigs". These are all valid words but I do not believe in them either. All of these (IMO) are illusions the same way that "Time" is an illusion as well.

I'm not using glory7's Liberty strategy, but still having fun on this map. Washington remains the military leader even after I took one of his cities and killed dozens of his units. I have been getting a lot of good xp on my impis and xbows at least. The main problem is that he has the Great Wall and Himeji Castle so his capital is just too tough to crack with just impis and xbows. I put down a citadel and just farmed xp on his units until Dido for some inexplicable reason declared war on me as well. She sent a reasonably large army that I decimated. Eventually I got white peace from both of them.

Currently just fixing my economy, catching up in science (I'm about average even though I only have 3 cities - Dido is the science leader, go figure). Washington declared on Siam (my only DoF partner) and moved his massive army toward one of Siam's cities on his northern border, but I am totally trolling him by surrounding Siam's city with my units so that he can't capture it. He's lost a lot of units because of this. I bribed Napoleon to war with Pocatello just to keep them busy to my west.

Once I get artillery and upgrade my impis to rifles I will take Washington (and its 8-9 wonders) pretty easily and then figure out what to do from there (probably go after Dido). As long as I keep the other civs warring with each other they won't bother me (most of them love me after I proposed the World's Fair) and they are unlikely to run away in science.

I don't understand the nonchalant attitude towards this paticular game. You all think its so easy. My capital was suffocated and I couldnt get other cities in the right spots. France and USA declared war on me at the same time and took my capital in 10 turns or less.

Lately I have been killing on immortal and thought "this could be fun." Most my wins are science/diplomacy so I do need some practice. A question and it might be stupid. What does farmed xp do? and mean?

What does farmed xp do? and mean?

In my case it just meant that I held back, defended my city and gained experience with my units for promotions by killing all his attacking units without losing any of mine. After taking one of Washington's cities I had a good defensible position to do this.

In order to not get attacked by multiple civs you need to try to not gain any negative diplomacy modifiers, try to get as many positive modifiers as possible and bribe the civs that look to be gearing up for an attack on you to attack others instead. Sometimes it's quite costly for the bribe (e.g., most of your gold/turn), but can save your life.

I don't understand the nonchalant attitude towards this paticular game. You all think its so easy. My capital was suffocated and I couldnt get other cities in the right spots. France and USA declared war on me at the same time and took my capital in 10 turns or less.

Lately I have been killing on immortal and thought "this could be fun." Most my wins are science/diplomacy so I do need some practice. A question and it might be stupid. What does farmed xp do? and mean?
Spoiler :

Did you read what Glory_7 did in his game? He basically proved that the game is very easy and simple on Deity if you know how to set up your game to obliterate the AI. Some people may think some of the things he does is an exploit. I do not. Even if he did some things that are an exploit (IMO) I would say it would not matter. I suspect that if you listed a list of rules for him to follow he would still find a way to show how easy it is to win in a very fast time. My game is in a horrible state when you compare it to his. It is very easy to make the case that I had a failed plan when you compare my game to his. Im not trying to be nonchalant about this game. I just have an easy going attitude about most things in life. I have alot of fun in my games when I lose and when I win. I try not to take it too serious if I am doing poorly because I know all that is needed is more practice and knowledge to obtain the skill to dominate to win any VC you desire. I still have too many things to learn about this game to be able to do what he did. And do not get me started about how KB plays. It will take me years to learn how to play for peaceful CVs. However the point is that once you know what to do and how to do it you will also annihilate the AI in all your games as well. Do you play chess? I am only considered an expert (2000-2199) by a ratings system that is used to rate players. Next level is a Master(2200-2399) after that is Senior Master or Int Master(2400-2599) and after that is Grandmaster (2600 and up) someone like say Bobby Fischer. If I was to play a Grandmaster, most likely I would never win because of lack of knowledge and skill and perhaps some nervous tension. However, if I was to play someone who is rated under 1600 (Class C) I would most likely win 100% of the time. Same thing here, he is playing at a different level. Once you and I move up to that level we will think this game is easy as pie. I am not at that point yet but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I am having a tough time in my game as well because of many mistakes that I have made and lack of knowledge and skill and the ability to follow a well thought out plan. I think this is one of the most important factors. The stronger your plan, the stronger your game. However that does not mean that this game is difficult or hard. If you dropped down to say Emp Level you would most likely think it was way too easy. Your skill and knowledge at that level is no match for the AI. So, all that is needed is more knowledge and skill and you will have a stronger plan and make this game and all other Deity games look like childs play. Since it is a turn based game you have no real time pressure either, like in Rise of Nations or Age of Empires which are Real Time Strategy games and you have to get your A-- in gear (these games IMO are all about hot keys along with strategy, the better you are with hot keys the better your game is). You could reload if you made a mistake to see how things changed with a different approach to learn. However I never think one needs to reload unless some major malfunction or they just want to learn which choice worked better. I believe that experience is the best tool for learning and when you make mistakes and live with them you learn faster.

Farmed XP --- This can mean many things. My favorite thing about it, that I just learned, is about getting XP for your archers against a CS. So like in my game I met Val CS and DOW as I met them. No warmonger hate because I met no Civs yet right!? Now I farm them for workers ofcourse but as Glory_7 and others have shown that is just the beginning. Now after you build some archers you go over there and shoot up its units and city for alot of XP and I mean alot. Same thing when you are in war with AI. Alot of times you don't want to take a city just yet you want to keep shooting its walls for very fast XP for your units. Your goal is to get up to Logistics/Range Promo making the game very easy. How about all the roads he builds? Another genius idea! (NOW I KNOW WHY 6-8 WORKERS ARE NEEDED!) He makes roads everywhere, look at his Zulu Guide. Some again may call this an exploit... I DO NOT! This allows him to move his units all over the land and shoot in spots where his units will not get hit. A good example is on youtube on ElceePlaysCiv Germany Honor Challenge (And he thinks nobody watches every min of his videos :) If your reading this you have been stuck on Denmark Video 4 for months! It is time to finish that game!). He had like 4 XBs (I think it was only 4) that had these promos and he was mopping up Persia. Ofcourse he had to time when to take all these cities because of happy issues. Cromagnus says the same thing in his Atilla Strategy. Having these two promos on your range units makes them almost like having a 3 to 1 ratio. Did you see Glory_7s archer that had Logistic/Range Promo? He also showed something very clever. Wait to upgrade your archer because if you upgrade to CB you have more power and you will kill units faster making your XP go slower! You have to know when it it is better to take Range first over Logistics. This can change from game to game. Anyway, I hope this answered your questions and Im sure he and the better players can explain more thorough!

One other thing Glory_7 shows is that science is not very important in some games/maps. I suspect alot of games/maps. I think he states he is not even going to get Education in this game. I love when he has captured a science city that has more science than his cap since it has a university and he doesn't even have Education!! Remember he teched machinery at turn 87! He was getting so much science by getting caravans in and out of his cap for not only science but a ton of gold as well and we all know gold is basically the same as production. He is showing that you can tech Military techs and don't even care about teching Science and just go out and set the world on Fire! He also showed this on Assyrian Deity Challenge #38 where every time he was taking a new Civs city he was getting a free tech (Assyrians UA) and I believe his spies were stealing techs as well. Im not 100% but I think he said he had 10 or so Free Techs also negating SPT. Heck, his first statement to my question on that Forum was something very nonchalant like and I quote: "thanks, it was very fun playing and not worrying about SPT!"

Spoiler :
Hooo boy... I didn't think I would survive that one.
Where shall I start... my empire was looking beautiful and CV was on track until...

First off, let's start from last time... my empire was blossoming and everything is happy. Pisa was completed, as was Globe. (Uffizi taken by Washinton). Fpt is good and I bought GE to finish porcelain so my growing capitol (although it is already the tallest of all the capitols) could turn its attention to things like hermitage and archaelogists.

Spoiler :

Diplomatically I succeeded in forming a coalition against Carthage. Siam, America and France all went to war with her (I didn't even have to bribe some of them!). They are all my friends, as is Babylon. I helped Babs and France out when they asked, forgave them for spying (secretly wishing they'd keep doing it to promote my spies, and had 3 lvl 3 spies die eventually but that got me a lot of coups) and I built my friends landmarks. My empire was at peace without a single worry as my only threat, Carthage (whom I also still built a landmark but refused a DoF from her because, well, with her low loyalty flavor DoF means nothing. Also not to piss off my friends) was well occupied so she'll leave me alone hopefully.
Spoiler :

Me and my friends continued to get along (Pocatello is somehow jealous of me but he's far away so I didn't worry too much) even after ideologies we were still BFF even when I was the lone Freedom. My empire got wonder after wonder and culture is climbing up. Alas, eventually some clouds came over the sun... Washington got all but wiped out despite taking a Cartheginian city earlier. Hmm no worries I thought. Siam (whose military took out England who was never in our friendship circle) and France will protect me. Especially Siam. We're OK, we'll be OK right?
Spoiler :

Alas, with storm clouds came rain. Heavy rain that darkened the skies. Pocatello who had been silently growing in the West, struck English lands and took the north from Siam. Carthage then advanced her army up. ARGHHHHHHHHHHH even with 3 nations France, Siam and USA sent against her she still came up on top! WHY DO MY FRIENDS ALWAYS LOSE!!!??? Nasty as always Pocatello stole my lands srsly next time he appears in my game I'm going to screw him up early rather than let him build up (unfortunately for him though his AI was stupid enough to plant a citadel on the border of a city he was razing! :lol: ) I eventually got all my tiles back in, like, 5 turns or so after the city was razed. :lol: A city with 300+ culture will gain one tile per turn. (srsly now I built him a landmark, passed his WC proposal, did everything I could and he still was jealous of wonders and CS, covetous of my lands, and he denounced me to boot!)

Spoiler :

Saw Dido's forces amassing near the East, sent her after Pocatello. Eventually they made peace and she was free for 10 turns. When my diplomat warned me of a launched attack, I had to sacrifice one of my friends. Sorry Nappy! Behold the carpet of units of an autocratic Carthage

Spoiler :

One... last... bribe... (despite being at war with Nappy Dido seemed content to take on Poca at the same time... I might be next)... OTOH the culture these jerks generate from conquering is insane. Pocatello is not giving me open borders though.
Spoiler :

63k... incredible. And I don't feel like waiting 20 turns for Poca because the jerk wouldn't give me OB even if I gave him all luxes, all gpt, and both my satellites.
Spoiler :

So I sent a bazooka escort with a GM and got it over with. I had atom bombs, but Dido became guarded instead of afraid. So I figured my days are numbered so best take the victory now (look at France, he won't last long and then I'll probably have to throw Babylon under the bus if need be). Probably could've done it earlier though. I srsly have to thank Poca for kindly resettling where he razed Si Satchanalai as so to save my GM the looooooong walk.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :
Cool write-ups, people! My game started to bog down, got my 3rd city where I wanted SE, there is still a fair amount of open land East of me. I wish I had planted 4th city, as I got near my unit support limit or whatever. I kept trying to get XP from Nap, but it was slow-going, and didn't get many archer shots after all. I did get my spearmen leveled up pretty well. I did a fair amount of worker baiting, with mild success. I bribed Poc to join in, and we both did some damage.

I finally took peace from Nap at 327g and 11gpt - I was due to upgrade a lot of units, and wasn't really getting the XP I wanted. Got Liberty GE t103 and built Machu in Umgung, hit Machinery t105. I upgraded to like 4-5 XB, and had like 6 Spearmen, but was only like 4 turns from CivService, so decided to chill a few tiles away from Paris, with all my roads ready. Then USA backstabbed me! Never had any neg modifiers, although I did buy a couple tiles on like turn 85 - no complaints. I am short of hill roads on my SE Expo, so don’t have the great defensive setup I like to have. I only played one turn after, not much happened. I can’t tell how deep the wall of units is. I bribed Dido to help with the fight. What pisses me off is that USA was willing to DOW Nap, but he didn’t have a clear path. Killed my caravan too, bastard! He had 2 coming to me not long before, can you tell when trade routes end from civs??? There should be a pop-up when they start/stop – I would hate to have to check city income every damn turn.

Because of being one from my unit limit, I switched to building some markets and happy bldgs.. I fulfilled a Mil CS quest, and never got a unit, grrr. I could have built another unit. Also, this is the first game I never got a pantheon. I guess if 2 or 3 civs found religions your pantheon chance is shot? I usually build shrine before granary, but this time I went the other way. Earth Mother was never taken. This game is looking to suck pretty badly! Image from turn 100.

Attachments

• DCL_Zulu_T100.jpg
    DCL_Zulu_T100.jpg
    449.9 KB · Views: 285
Killed my caravan too, bastard! He had 2 coming to me not long before, can you tell when trade routes end from civs??? There should be a pop-up when they start/stop – I would hate to have to check city income every damn turn.

If you click on your trade routes in the top left you get that pull down screen that has all the info about trade routes and how many turns left on each.

About your game: I worry about Washakie. That city is going to cause you some troubles I think. Youll have to War Poc if you want to clear it out of your land, so if you can defend your expo and take Paris eventually I guess you have to think about what to do with that city. I guess you could just live with it and share your land with Shoshone and go take out USA. I hope you do cause Im really starting to dislike my own country :) because of my own troubles with Washington in my game. On a positive note, at least those 3 civs don't have GW. It looks like Babylon took that wonder in your game. Oh and Siam is on top of you as well. You better get this world in total war with one another asap!

I need to finish my own game as well so I can open up KB27787s Spoilers and read up!!

Farming xp is when you set up a repeatable scenario where your units can attack a target in order to gain experience. The 2 most common ways to do it is by attacking a city or a barb camp. In both cases you dont want to conaquer the city or barb camp, you just let it live so that you can attack it over and over waiting for barbs to spawn in the case of the camp. Barbs camp are obviously better with the honor opener and raging barbs.

The purpose should be fairly obvious. You get experience before you want to commit to the real purpose of the units. Either because youre waiting for a tech to upgrade these units or you want more of said unit before attacking. You obviously wqnt barracks before units in that case. Its particularly strong for range units because logistics is just a ridiculous promotion in a one unit per tile model.

As an example, if you play mongols, you may want to make chariot archers first and then farm experience on a civ or a cs before upgrading to keshiks.

Zulus are even better at it because they have a bonus to experience. Withoutlooking at spoilers im fairly sure glory7 used archers to farm waiting either for cb or xb.

Turns 193-223

Spoiler :
If I lose this game it has no matter to me. I achieved my objective of taking down Washingtons Cap. I wanted to get Boston as well but I was going to back into that after taking control of Washington D.C. However the Shoshone show up this time and get Philly and Boston. That SOB sure wouldn't help me defend Paris but he made a note to press into USA this time!. Carthage joined in before I took his cap to help kill some units as well. This is one of my first games ever where Im using the AI to help me war and take over cities. It is pretty fun for me. His cap is pretty sweet and I went from 0 happy to +20 after taking control. Shoshone is blocking my land. I really haven't decided what to do next. Shoshone is pretty strong and pretty much my only friend even though Siam finnally gave me a 1gpt peace deal so I took it and he DOF'd me next turn. Shoshone asked me to help out in a war with Carthage but Im not really ready for that and decided to decline. Im thinking that is my only option to help connect my land. I guess I could try for Babylon but I really am not sure. I took 3 Art, 6 Rifles, 3 Xbows into USA to wipe him off the planet! I hope everyone is ok with that lol! Also, Shoshone liberated Budapest so he kinda did what I wanted to do but I got greedy and wanted to take USAs Cap before he got Dynamite. The best thing was my spy stole a free tech on the same turn as I took the Cap. Now I guess its time to try and get up some Labs and tech up. Im only 7% away from the leader and 1% away form the average so I feel I can still win even if it is cheese. One question... Shoshone and I have been sharing borders all game and he has always asked before they expire. This time he did not ask and a few of my units were sent back home. Ofcourse that turn I asked to share open borders again and he accepted. Does this just happen sometimes or is it a bug that needs to be fixed? After about 1000 of Civ V Deity games this is the first time I every let a Civ (next door neighbor) have open borders the whole game and it seems to be working out just fine, I always thought you really couldn't get away with that.

It seems that Carthage and My best buddy Shoshone both went Autocracy so that is what I am going to be forced into taking. Siam went Order and Im not sure what Babylon is going to go. Im guessing Freedom and it isn't going to matter what England goes as she is pretty much out of the picture. I paid Babylon to take out France since I didn't want him to DOW me while I was taking USA. I figured he wouldn't but I thought this was a safer play.

This is the second or third time you have said that I am against the word "Luck." This is not the case I am not against the word "Luck", "Random", or "Chaos." However I do not believe that they truly exist since ofcourse I believe they are all one in the same. It is the same with the words: "Unicorn", "Dragon", and "Flying Pigs". These are all valid words but I do not believe in them either. All of these (IMO) are illusions the same way that "Time" is an illusion as well.

What do you mean exactly when saying you believe that a random event is part of a plan ? Do you want to say simply that everything is deterministic, regulated by physics laws and you could somehow find a theory of everything (this is Einstein position by the way) that could predict any event. And as such the throw of a dice is only the result of its position, chocs and gravity ?

Its very offtopi sorry.

What do you mean exactly when saying you believe that a random event is part of a plan ? Do you want to say simply that everything is deterministic, regulated by physics laws and you could somehow find a theory of everything (this is Einstein position by the way) that could predict any event. And as such the throw of a dice is only the result of its position, chocs and gravity ?

Its very offtopi sorry.

I thought I was being pretty clear but I suppose not. Anyway like you say this is way off topic and I do not think I can explain it any better than I already have. The difference is I understand your point of view and accept it. On the flip side it appears (and I could be wrong) you really do not see mine. Let's agree to drop the whole thing and continue to play and discuss Civ V tactics in general :) I promise not to bring this up ever again and only stick to Civ V strategy. I wish everyone the best of luck!

Top Bottom