Promotions

Nonevah

Prince
What promotion path do you guys like to use for your units?
I usually like to have my melee units rush to march, then fill in cover then medic behind. For ranged, rush to range on my first 3 or 4, then pick logistics first later. Cavalry, march then medic then cover. My melee usually go 2 rough terrain:1 open, while cavalry and ranged go 2 open:1 rough.

Logistics > Range, since you earn further promotions 2x the speed.

I like Blitz more than March for my melee, but it depends on the way you use and move them. For me, melee units that I'm keeping alive work to the sides and rear of the main assault force. Meat shields that stand between the XBs and the city generally don't stay alive long enough to be promoted.

But I could be sloppier than other warmongers, so take my advice lightly.

My melee usually go 2 rough terrain:1 open, while cavalry and ranged go 2 open:1 rough.

The really interesting and powerful promotions do not unlock until you have 3 of the same terrain promotions. Plus the third and latter promotions take half again as much xp as compared to the first two. So you are making things much harder on yourself than necessary.

Two attacks without terrain bonus >> one attack with full terrain bonus (plus, half the time, you have two attacks with full terrain bonus).

Top Bottom