Circle around item in production and current research

dstockydale

Chieftain
Hi,

I Can't seem to find any info explaining what these circles represent.

Sorry if this has been asked already but I haven't found anything as the question doesn't lend itself to easy searching.

I thought it represented progress but there are 2 shades of blue on research and 2 shades of orange for production, and the circle doesn't always fill when production/research is completed.

My understanding is that the more pronounced colour is already completed and the greyed out colour is what will be completed at the end of the current turn.

That circle is the total production, the greyed out area is the production that will be added next turn and the colored area is the already produced production in progress that increases into the gray area after the current turn.

Thanks for the replies. I thought that would be the case but in some instances - upon completion of a tech/building - the circle is still not full (neither the main colour or the ' greyed out colour'). Is this due to the fact that the rate of production or research may have increased in the previous turn so the project is completed before the estimated time?

If I understand your description, I have gotten that when chopping forests for hammers. The production rate prediction doesn't know about the hammers that are coming.

It also doesn't try to predict the impact of population increases during the period of production. For example, if there are 2 turns to go on production and 1 turn to your next population point in that city, the build item may complete on the same turn as the pop increase, depending on what tile the newly created citizen is assigned to.

Same applies to research -- the progress bar says you will research Animal Husbandry in 2 turns, but your capital will add a new citizen in 1 turn, which should shorten the time to complete AH by a turn or two.

From my obeservatioins I have noticed that, like BRowd say, that the change occurs at the beginning of your next turn, but not before other aspects are changed, so if you have 29/31 of a tech done, if you're science at that turn increases from +1 to +2 you will have enough to "complete the tech". as opposed to having to wait one more turn.

Furthermore, the tech also shows you how much overflow you will recieve (and I think the same applies to production)

^^Those are good observations, and sometimes that does happen to me. That explains much since things like that used to seem like a mystery to me. Thank you both, browd and thekingofbigoz.

Thanks alot for the insight. This makes a lot more sense now. I hadn't even considered the possibility of 'overflow' either, so thanks for that as well.

Top Bottom