More Deluxe Scenarios?

Which scenario would you like to see updated the most?

• 1066: Year of Viking Destiny

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Empires of the Smoky Skies

• Fall of Rome

• Into the Renaissance

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Paradise Found

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rise of the Mongols

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Samurai Invasion of Korea

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Wonders of the Ancient World

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

TheD3rp

Lowly Footsoldier
I'm just wondering if people here would like to see more updates to old scenarios, similar to what they did with Conquest of the New World.

Yes I would very much like that because the most fun scenarios are very old. Wonders of the Ancient World, Rise of the Mongols and maybe the Fall of Rome (though I did not enjoy it as much) could definitely benefit from an update.
Into the Renaissance is also a fun scenario, a bit slow because of the huge map, but since it is G&K, an update will not do as much, it would be fun to add an ideology like SP tree (like the Conquest of the New World Deluxe), but that will change the game a lot

I'm working on a almost Deluxe edition of ITR (just that it goes beyond Renaissance, since Europe is in very much rich of history).

The thing is which Scenario could use with expansion with new features.

personally in addition to ITR (Reformation, Trade Routes AND World Congress) I think that Smokey Scenario could also use with an update.

Somebody had a series of intriguing ideas for an ITR update that included 'ideologies' based off of local culture, a variety of new civs to play as (city-states like Venice) and a few other things, which I thought were very interesting. While that scenario is more recent and therefore would benefit less from an upgrade to BNW mechanics, I voted for it because it could be made really, really interesting.
Other scenarios I would like to see updated/made 'Deluxe' would be 'Paradise Found' to implement real religion and trade routes, 'Empires of the Smoky Skies' for ideologies, and WotAW for a number of things.

I think the top 2 are definitely 'Into the Renaissance' and 'Wonders of the Ancient World'

That said there really should be a proper 'Age of Empires' scenario that runs from 600BC - 0AD starting in the classical era that puts Rome, Carthage, Greece, Assyria, Babylon, Persia & Egypt on a map that spans the mediterranean through to the fertile crescent.

Assyria, Babylon & Persia would have established empires with head starts with immediate access to unique units but their UAs would be quite limited while Carthage, Greece and Rome start more isolated with only 1 city and take a bit longer but would have much more powerful unique attributes.

I'm all for it, of course.

But I DREAD the loading times Into The Renaissance will have with so many civs around. And the wars! Good lord!

I'm all for it, of course.

But I DREAD the loading times Into The Renaissance will have with so many civs around. And the wars! Good lord!

Yeah that is a problem, and the huge number of citystates- well its the same as playing late game on a large sized map. Does more RAM solve the problem, I have 4G DDR2 so I suspect that is probably behind much of the problem for me.

Top Bottom