Religion on - Advanced Start

Qarmatia

Chieftain
I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to ask the question but is there anyway to activate religion when starting a game in the Industrial age onwards via the Advanced setup option?

I don't really care all that much about whether religion in late game is redundant or not, I just like having it there for aesthetic reasons if nothing else.

I'm wondering whether this can be done via mod or not. I tried fiddling around with Really advanced setup but couldn't find a way to make it work there.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

If I recall correctly it is a XML thing, but not sure how many defines would need to be changed.

First file you would need to update is Civ5Era.xml by changing ERA_INDUSTRIAL's "NoReligion" from true to false. That should automatically tell the game that Piety should not be locked if NoReligion is false.

If you are using "Really Advanced Setup", spawn a Great Prophet. You can also copy to all of the others if you choose.

If you are using "Really Advanced Setup", spawn a Great Prophet. You can also copy to all of the others if you choose.

I tried that but religion was still turned off. My Great Prophet couldn't do anything other than build a shrine.

Funny thing is the other Civs did find religions but they done nothing. I added their religions to my cities via the in-game editor but I couldn't really do anything with them.

If I recall correctly it is a XML thing, but not sure how many defines would need to be changed.

First file you would need to update is Civ5Era.xml by changing ERA_INDUSTRIAL's "NoReligion" from true to false. That should automatically tell the game that Piety should not be locked if NoReligion is false.

I opened up Civ5Eras.xml but I couldn't find the "NoReligion" line. :(

You need to open the instance of Civ5Eras.xml that is located in the relevant DLC folder. For BNW, the path would be along the lines of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5Eras.xml. For G&K, replace Expansion2 with Expansion.

You need to open the instance of Civ5Eras.xml that is located in the relevant DLC folder. For BNW, the path would be along the lines of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5Eras.xml. For G&K, replace Expansion2 with Expansion.

Found it. It removes the "Religion Off" marker when playing a game on advanced setup but still doesn't really allow to me found religions.

My Great Prophet can't do anything other than build shrines. Tried fiddling around the in-game editor to bump up faith and religious buildings to no avail.

Top Bottom