Influence Issue...

lukioo7

Chieftain
Hello! Thanks for any help in advance..

I'm playing a large game with 22 odd players and I'm working towards a cultural victory. Something is occurring with my influence and I don't understand why. I have two identical situations with other nations and in one instance my influence is rising... the other its falling.

So I have a tourism output of 65 and with both nations (Shoshone and The Iroquois) I have the shared ideology and open borders bonus.. giving me a modifier of 74% combined. So I'm 74% to an adjusted tourism modifier of 113%, The Shoshone influence is rising and The Iroquois is falling... No idea why. Friendly with both nations. It seems like exactly the same scenario but with a different output.

Help much appreciated!

If you go to the culture page and the last tab (can't remember the name but it's something to do with influence) and hover your mouse over modifier percentage, it shld give you the breakdown for that modifier as well as anything negative afflicting it...

Otherwise it's probably because the Shoshone and Iroquois have different cultural output so it's affecting your tourism numbers differently...?

Yeh I've checked the modifiers and they're all the same, just the two positives and nothing working the against. Cultural output of their empires is basically the same also... That's what I can't understand, on face value it seems like the same scenarios for both nations. Weird.

Because the Iroquois are producing more culture than you have your tourism, whilst Shoshone are producing less Culture than your Tourism.

'Falling' could mean they popped a Great Writer and bubled it, or some other means to boost culture immediately. Assuming the 'Falling' is temporary, otherwise as suggested above thier culture output exceeds your tourism output(with modifiers).

One of them might have a golden age - that gives a +20% culture bonus and might be enough to push your tourism down temporarily

Top Bottom