Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i will continue to play :mischief:

Romans = good choice

Argh, it's too asking for me Rhyes and i discovered same problem for the flavor horseman (no horse required)

The four flavours warriors don't upgrade to spearman

Sorry now i'm affraid but if it has same serious errors in biq i can't continue to play :blush:

Woo HOoOo!

I found error! hahaha

not something to be excited about, but at least Im doin me job!

UU list is massive, and I have my third exam of the day in like an hour... so somebody else can pull that assignment.

No all the flavor units upgrade to one another just like UUs. It just doesnt say it in civilopedia... at least I think so...

I checked all the other flavor units, looks like its only horses for chariot an horsemen flavor units.

The horsemen have the same problem (1 point for Lachlan! :lol: ) but apart from that, everything seems correct.
If you really want a fix I can send you, but it doesn't seem so urgent, considering that you may find more and more errors in the next days.

Warriors, just like all other flavour units, upgrade to each other before upgrading to the following step.
This isn't shown in the pedia, that shows "Upgrades to" only in ONE of the flavour units, the one belonging to the group where your civ is (the rest of the units doesn't show anything).
These groups are mostly based on cultural groups, but there are many exceptions (like half Mediterranean group (Rome, Greece) merging with the European from the middle ages on, and the other half (Egypt, Carthage, Byzantium) merging Middle East).
There are many exceptions regarding African civs, America, Israel, and some others I don't remember now, too. The Jet Fighter partition is even different: NATO countries will have the F-15 animation; Russia, China, Korea and many of the countries that were under Soviet wing use the MiG :) )

research rate is too high! Where before I was stuck with times in the high 30s, I can now get writing in 28 turns (as england working forest/dyes w/ 1 cit) AND pump a curraugh in only 5 turns!

I liked having the large amounts of cash; I think that they allow you to have a much more flexible fiscal policy w/ rush builds vs. tech trades. The large stockpiles flowed from civ to civ, so its not like any one civ had the cash the whole game.

Without those huge piles of gold, trading is slow and stagnant; with them, diplomacy is active! I can actually make a profit from selling techs, and alliances come and go with the gold, forcing the AI (and the human) to be much more sangfroid about who they intend to ally with (follow the bling bling, yo! ;p

Forgive me for not being a purist, but i LIKE seeing huge stockpiles of gold. To me, it represents inflation: each dollar is worth less, but having more means you are more flexible in using them. I think the gold bug is a good bug!

Whatever you decide to do about it Rhye, i think you should take into consideration just how much good it does before you axe it arbitrarily.

Rifleman appear to be broken in 0.71. I cannot build any from scratch or upgrade my muskets to them.

Aeon, I may not have played 0.71 yet, but I think I agree. I hadn't realized what an important part the gold bug is playing in my England game. Without it I wouldn't be the filthy, filthy rich bastard that can rush a settler every three turns and still end up with a net profit (250 GPT, baby!) And without that I will have no chance to colonize properly, so far without rushing any settlers before they were almost done, I only managed to pump out two settling parties. At this rate I will only have 2-3 cities in Australia before the whole island is taken. I will have to buy my settling parties if I wish to colonize. And for that I need an insane amount of gold. :D

250 GPT? Too much! I don't know if it's more or less fun, but it seems to much. I hope that the cash flow is now more similar to RoC.
However, 2 things seem to have affected your reations:

-You start with 5 gold and AI starts with 15. This prevents from building immediately a huge army to rush, but getting the gold is easy by trade.
-Before judging the tech rate, report me when did the most advanced civs hit Middle Ages and Industrial. Aeon, England is just like European civs, crippled in the very early turns. You could be right or you could be wrong, I need to know what happens later.
I also think that your poorness is due to this crippling, too. I'm sure if you choose Middle Eastern civ it would be better at the beginning.

Rhye said:
250 GPT? Too much!
Rhye, I get this money by selling techs, if I didn't sell techs I'd be at something like -150 GPT when I research at 80% and have lux at 20%. And sometimes I bankrupt my enemies so much that I can't sell them anything anymore and I suddenly fall into poverty. There are only two civs at the moment with more than 200 gold, and that's me and Greece.

OK I'll do it:

This is currently the list (still non-definitive)

In brackets the replaced unit.

ROME Ballista (Catapult)
EGYPT Axeman (Swordsman)
GREECE Trireme (Galley)
BABYLON Assyrian Chariot (Chariot)
GERMANY Zeppelin (Bomber)
RUSSIA T-34 (Tank)
CHINA Firelancer (Musketman)
AMERICA USMC (Marine)
JAPAN Kamikaze (Figter)
FRANCE Grand Battery (Cannon)
INDIA Gallivat (Frigate)
PERSIA Mobile Tower (Catapult)
AZTECS Eagle Warrior (Spearman)
ZULULAND Ibutho (Swordsman)
IROQUOIS Mounted Warrior (Lancer)
ENGLAND Longbowman (Crossbowman)
MONGOLS Mangudai (Horse Archer)
SPAIN Tercio (Pikeman)
SCANDINAVIA Longship (Galley)
OTTOMANS Janissary (Fusilier)
AUSTRIA Grenzer (Rifleman)
ARABIA Saracen Bowman (Crossbowman)
CARTHAGE Phoenician Bireme (Curragh)
KOREA Turtle Ship (Ironclad)
ISRAEL Merkava (Modern Armor)
ETHIOPIA Shifta (Partisan)
NETHERLANDS Cog (Caravel)
PORTUGAL Prazero (Settler)
BYZANTINES Cataphract (Knight)
INCA Clubman (Swordsman)
MAYA Slinger (Archer)

I can correct it, tomorrow.

Hello. I am new to this forum and I have a request. I've been playing Civ for 2 years now and I felt like spicing up my civ world and so far Rhye's mod sounds like the best bet for its featuers (Especially the faster load times is a must) Well my request is as follows, I tried downloading your fourth file for RoC on the first post but it's corrupted or so it tells me. Maybe you covered this or not in earlier in your thread and I guess I'm impatient, but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me that file that's not corrupted? If so, thanks a lot and I'll be posting alot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom