Your Latest Game

jmartin251

Chieftain
Talk about your latest game here. Rather you are going for a science, diplomacy,science, cultural, or bending the other civs to your will going for a domination win.

My latest game I have played with Persia going for a domination win. Only 100 turns left, but my massive army, close to one million troops, is positioning itself for the final push to take the last five capitols. Ten turns it will all be over in a campaign fitting for a win. That is if none of of them start getting suspicious of the the ever growing number if units camping out at their border. All but one of the remaining capitols are within 10 tiles of my borders. Resources, Happiness, and gold have not been a problem. Even with the massive amount of units I have I am still netting 650 gpt. Next game I might go for a science win. Getting 5000 science per turn ATM. Think I am ready for a higher difficulty. :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

You should tell what difficulty you are currently playing with IMO.

Rolled Babylon on immortal, continents. Found myself on a continent with only isa. Started off well and I confined her to the top of the continent, but now i've discovered the inca on the continent next door (3 continents in total) and he's amassed over 20 wonders and is buying up CSs left and right. He only has 1 coastal city so I'm not sure how to deal with him...

Warlord. Bumping it up after this. Might just go to King next. Certainly have it figured out now. Placed all but a couple of my cities perfectly for production. Had plenty of hills where I started. And started spamming out settlers early. Had five cities before the first AI had even settled their second. Every one of my original cities has every science building, a factory, and defensive building. Last game I creamed on prince. Was way behind in tech right up until the end, but Rome still nabbed a science win with 50 turns left. I was going for Domination in that game as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Russia on Prince with 3 random civs, domination victory only and no CS on a small pangaea map. I'm thinking next game I should play on a duel map on deity with every single warmongers.

I've been playing Spanish roulette on immortal continents and enjoying the natural wonder UA and exploring like a mofo.

I've been playing as a Diplo Oriented Philippines on a TSL Earth map. Stealing other civ's unique buildings is super super fun.

What I am about to do is start a game as the Mongols, Prince, Pangaea, Standard. I've never really done a conquest victory, so I wish to try one, and the Mongols are my favourite historical civ.

I'm taking a break from my Deity games (Zulus on Fractal where I'm being stonewalled by Ethiopia and Rammy on Fractal where I'm going to have to overcome Ramesess's massive culture pool to win), and enjoying the Large Earth map from YnAEMP, playing as Iroquois on Emperor. Washington was here, five tiles away, and I was building Comp Bows to take him out, but Monty and Pocatello decided to double DoW me. After razing an Aztec city that was stealing luxuries from my third city, I signed peaced with him, and destroyed Pocatello, taking his two cities. Then I took Washington's three cities, and finally cleaned up MOnty with XBows. The nice thing about it is I didn't meet any other civ before both Pocatello and Washington were gone, so I'm not even getting a lot of warmonger hate. I stopped the conquest there though, and am now cruising my way to a cultural victory. Got a bunch of wonders (Notre Dame even !), which is a very nice change of pace :). Also the Longhouses are insane on this terrain.

I Played a game with France, Pangaea, Quick. And with the 3rd unique mod, the Saloon gave me lots os Writers, and it was pretty easy to build tourism up, and the chateaus were so awesome, sadly that I got like... 3 workers stolen :lol: And that I went to Exploration, Got Hidden Antiquity sites, and they didn't gave me a Great Work, I will try again someday :) Besides stealing artifacts from Siam and Babylon, I picked Order and everyone picked with me except The Iroquois, I've always wanted to flip a city, but that was kinda hard because they had 50 happiness :lol: And I got like... 140% Tourism against Siam :lol: And I killed a lot of Barbs, but no sites near my capital :s That was sad! :lol: And a question, there are artifacts that were from cities that were never razed? Or that was just with me?

6FFA multiplayer in a ranked NQ game.

Randomed Egypt with 3 pearls in my capital and gems nearby. With Egypt's UB and a strong faith pantheon (tears) I decided I wanted to try a liberty opening (in FFA MP 4 city-trad dominates) into Piety for sacred sites.

By great fluke, I had a ton of mediocre land to expand to and planted 16 cities. My spacing wasn't perfect since I was expanding to production rich areas rather than just every 4 tiles, but I was fairly tight on happiness anyway, so I'm not sure I could have afforded the extra cities regardless.

My policy choice was Liberty to collective rule then into Piety. I managed to snag pagodas and mosques and +2g/city. Building order was something like monument->shrine->burial tomb->prod/science buildings with periodic troops and workers sprinkled in. Caravans were sent to neighbors to leech science and gold to support the cities. I got beat to the great wall by one turn, beat to Notre Dame by ages and managed to get pyramids and Machu Picchu. I don't think I got a wonder again after that (not that I tried much either, just the good one were going quick and often just as I was getting the tech).

When I finally hit reformation beliefs I grabbed sacred sites. I nearly had all of my religious buildings bought at this point. I think I was early medieval and a little (2-3) techs behind but with xbows, knights and swordsmen. I had a nice a small landbridge to my southern neighbor (india) with a walled, hilled city of mine with mountains making it only attackable from adjacent squares and realistically only 1-2 of those (and water =/). To my eastern neighbors I had a mountain chain on the far east (between Assyria and I) and a long river with hill cities on my side with the Ottomans on the other side, with a nice road network connecting my cities. I also had defender of the faith for +20% bonus near my cities.

My tourism easily ran over the weaker player's culture (the guys who hadn't been able to wonder spam). However the two guys who had been able to wonder spam were only very slowly being gained on.

At this point all 4 remaining players (one guy died to the huns early) declared war on me and began a joint attack on me. Fighting 4v1 in real time, really, really sucks. Basically all the close battles go in their favor since they move first in pretty much every engagement and, if it benefits them, they get to move last too. Never-the-less after a long, bloody battle my road network held the eastern front vs the Huns, Assyria and the Ottomans, while India's frigates managed to grab 2 of my southern buffer cities. If all 4 hostile empires had devoted their production to killing me, it'd have been over sooner or later anyway, since their tech was outpacing mine and their combined production was still better than mine.

However, the first world congress passed +3 culture/world wonder and Assyria and the Huns culture began to widen the gap compared to my tourism. At this point they realized that they were wasting resources attacking me when I wasn't in danger of winning, so one-by-one they made peace with me and India gave me back my 2 southern coastal cities (since they were absolutely garbage for a tall player).

For happiness and culture reasons I decided to finish Liberty, then open Rationalism to secularism, then finish piety.

I managed to stay semi-competitive in science, hovering around last, with a 4-5 tech spread between leader and me. 2 turns from my finishing 3 factories the Ottomans took Order and then, later, engineer rushed the Kremlin, which really, really set me back since with 18 cities (I took 2 CS) policies come slow. This meant a greatly increased time before I could get workers facilities (+25% science from factories).

Assyria started running away with tech so the we all agreed to gang up on him. The Huns promised aid and support, but instead spent the entire war working on their infrastructure instead. Eventually we managed maim Assyria.

By then, the Huns were in the lead. I had managed to do a lot of catching up but was still behind in tech. The ottomans were declared irrelevant and India started making too much progress on the space race, so I took his capital out. The Huns eventually beat me in the space race. I was making absurd amounts of faith per turn, in the multiple hundreds. But, aside from great prophets, Pagodas and Mosques it did nothing for me late game.

I have to wonder about ICS. It's almost never possible in multiplayer, since there is rarely room and it heavily penalizes your tech and social policy progress. This game was nearly perfect conditions for it. I managed to get religion first, meaning I got pagodas, I had Egypt with the amazing 0 upkeep, 2 happiness temples, I had large swaths of land near me that weren't quickly settled on (which is nearly unheard of in 6ffa multiplayer) and I had amazing early faith generation in my capital.

Is sacred sites just not possible to win with? It wasn't enough tourism when I got it and I don't see how I could have got it quicker without giving up collective rule, which would made building 16 cities absurdly slow. Furthermore, I really wish I'd been able to take the -33% culture cost policy of Liberty earlier than I was able to already. It feels like any additional Tourism comes too late to help =/.

In retrospect I wonder if Jesuit Education might have been the key here instead. It would have given the Ottomans faith purchasable science buildings, but it would have saved me so much time on mine, and I had so many more to build.

I wonder if I'll playtest SV with Poland on chieftain/warlord - pangea what is better planting academies or bulbing, with order or with freedom. That's a lot of games to play.
Or new minor league.

Playing as Spain, Emperor, standard Oval map. Hit jackpot with Lake Victoria and Mt. Kilamanjaro perfect distances from Madrid. used the $$ to buy settlers and settle next to them. I did have to use a GG from honor to steal Mt K from a CS however. Sadly, Lake V (Barcelona) had lots of mountains and jungle near is with a CS up snugly as well. So not a lot of great production there. I also snagged One with Nature for great faith production. I have been going domination a lot lately and wanted to try a peaceful VC. Egypt is my biggest rival but also my closest ally. Everyone else (Inca, Denmark, Poland) hates the Huns and Assyrians (who are apparently going OCC), mostly because they are all friends with me. Poland is going nuts with their religion and I may have to turn everyone against them soon. I won't be able to do the same with Egypt. I tried to sic the Huns on them, but while war was declared, nothing came of it. Then the Huns came after me (I had a warning from Egypt's spies) and I took one city (Ibiza! Appropriately enough) and was given Riga in the peace treaty, which I liberated. (Yet another CS Ally). I have alliances with most of the CS, but not all and I have the Forbidden Palace. I would prefer a science victory, but Egypt is very close to me in science. I am in the lead, but not by much. It is only my third attempt at Emperor, so I am sure I have made some errors (trying to keep pace with Egypt on wonders, maybe?) I did manage to get Hanging Gardens, Oracle, Notre Dame and Machu Pichu. I am sure I will win, but Egypt will make it a little nerve-wracking.

**update** Poland really pumped up its Prophet and missionary spamming. I had converted Inca to my religion, which Poland then converted them all back to Buddhism. Then Poland declared war on the Inca and have taken all of their cities except the capital. Then, even after they said they would stop sending missionaries, he sends a prophet to Seville and converts it. I ask again and he tells me "despite your protests..." I had already denounced, so now I declare war. capture all of his prophets and missionaries in my lands (one GP had not been used yet) and delete them. Denmark and Egypt denounce as well, but won't join me in the war yet. I plan on liberating most of Inca's cities, except one which has citrus, coal and aluminum. The Huns and Assyrians are hated by everyone and are hostile to me. I may have to declare on Assyria just to wipe out his large but outdated army. No desire to take his one city. I think I have science and or diplo win in the bag.

Im finishing up an Immortal, standard, archeipeligo map playing as polynesia. I was reading adwtca's thread about civ rankings and got interesting in crow's description of doing a galleais rush, which I didn't know about prior. Wow is it powerful! I didn't rush straight to gallies, but took a few detours techwise while getting cities up and exploring the globe. My thinking was that if i went straight to gallies and took some cities, how in the world would I deal with the happiness issues when i was having problems early on expanding. I opended tradition and then went into liberty to get free settler. The settler popped while I was building NC, then with a number of decent city locations I discovered I built 5 cities. I was late for religion and couldn't get any buildings so I picked +2 happiness per temple and +1 happiness per 2 cities following religion. At this point, I teched gallies and began building a fleet of 5 and sailed toward india. I don't remember the turn time unfortunately, but I think somewhere around t110 probably. India was a close neighbor and had built a few early wonders. After quickly overpowering them and taking their capital, I barely kept happiness above zero, having to use most of my gold to ally mechantile CS. While waiting to build happy buildings, i hung around mumbai to level my galleys to range. Hiawatha at this point built Notre Dame and I thought perfect! no happiness issues taking his wonder rich capital. Just about this time I teched frigates, promoted my galleys and sailed hiawatha capital. Meanwhile Indonesia was wonderwhoreing and out teching everyone. One tactict i used before attacking each person was getting that guy to DOW for gpt each AI, then I would join the group attack for a lower war penalty. After I took hiawathas capital, i went straight to the indonesia capital and took it, followed by the celts and ottomans and sweds. at about turn 190 im sailing to assyria to complete my domination victory.

Running my first serious Immortal game. Standard settings, random civ & map. Drew America and I'm sharing a medium sized continent with France, Ethiopia and the Dutch. Everything is very peaceful so far (late medieval). Only settled two cities so far, a monster capital with 3 stone, marble, lots of river, and a bunch of other resources and got the Mausoleum and Stone Circles via Stonehenge. There's some more space to settle, but it's not that great and would probably upset the Dutch. Now looking to explore the world and settle overseas.

After some suggestions from these forums I am trying my first game of hotseat controlling 2 civs. Difficulty is set to emporer but sometimes it feels like Prince. These Emperor AI are pretty bad. I like hotseat solo but sometimes it's hard not to pick favorites. I'm playing Indonesia for scientific and zulu for domination. Both got quick religions due to some lazy AI. Both picked faith buildings, money-making, and the two that help faith pressure travel more rapidly (distance and time)

I really like this game. For the first time ever Indonesia started on an island with literally the only worlds supply of wine, I have about 6 sources and also 1 incense. Needless to say I picked monasteries and the pantheon that perks this meaning I had a massive free early culture and faith boost. there was only one CS on the island and no one else so indonesia had years to develop infrastructure and emphasize science. He is the tech leader by several techs. have built those 3 off-continent cities and they were nice. My CS was military and happened to gift conquistadors which has been amazing for putting down barbs and planting island cities.

Zulu were fun too. They started on a large continent with 4 other civs. Perfect! As soon as spearmen were onboard and Ikandas built he rushed Austria and rolled her no effort. Complete wipe-out. Everyone denounced him and cut off luxuries. Luckily Austria had 3 other unique sources. Zulu buckled down for a phase waiting on Impi and emphasized science hard-core so he wouldn't fall behind while building collseum's everywhere. Pulled out of unhappiness in about 15 turns. Once impi and trebuchets came online I started a war between greece and sweden. They hated me and did little to hurt each other. I was waiting on the completion of Notre Dame. As soon as it was finished and I got 20+ happiness in store I rushed sweden. Wiped two cities and left them their last crappy one. Burned all but capitol. two turns later I did the same to greece. Then Siam, just gotten metallurgy and cannons played havoc with all his little islands. The whole time i was going bottom of the tech tree and indonesia and the other AI contender, Iroquois (obviously pulling for culture) were the top. We have been happily stealing from each other for years and everyone else is ages behind.

It is late medieval (1555 AD) and zulu own all 5 capitols on their original continent were just the first to navigation (already readying a fleet to rush India the last crappy civ) In 3 turns Indonesia will be the first in the Industrial Era with Scientific Theory. :)

Thought I would give Portugal a spin this afternoon for the first time and go heavy on the trade routes. Alone, isolated on my own continent not connected to anywhere.

It is late medieval (1555 AD) and zulu own all 5 capitols on their original continent were just the first to navigation (already readying a fleet to rush India the last crappy civ) In 3 turns Indonesia will be the first in the Industrial Era with Scientific Theory. :)

I wonder if it'll come to an epic showdown between Indonesia and Zulu (both controlled by you). :king:

I am currently playtesting the Philippines civ mentioned by TPangolin earlier. It's awesome. Still buggy, but that's the point of playtesting. Prince difficulty, archipelago, standard size map, 8 civs.

Although the Philippines is supposed to be played peacefully, I wiped out England. She was the closest to me, and neither of us had met any other major civs yet. And England doesn't have any unique buildings, so...I got rid of her before anyone else showed up. Another nice bonus was that I had the largest military in the game for hundreds of turns afterwards, and I bullied CS several times early on, before they started giving good quests (but stopped later on, so no harm done in the long run). Early-game CS bullying might actually be a good tactic, as the CS don't seem to give good quests until later.

Unfortunately, out of the seven other civs, only three have UBs. I quickly set about befriending those, and, was able to get a Krepost, Stele, and Hanse in Manila. In fact, for quite a while, I was actually friends with everyone in the game. Those civs befriended each other in turn, so it was one big love fest (archipelago map probably helped with that). Only now has one civ ever gotten guarded with me, after I plonked down another city near Catherine to grab some coal. But I already have her Krepost, so it doesn't matter. :D

Anyway, we just got to ideologies, so the love fest probably won't last much longer. On the plus side, only three civs have picked ideologies so far - myself, Germany, and Polynesia, and we all picked Order.

Although it's only Prince, with the bugs it sometimes feels like it's one or more difficulties up. :lol: The Legalism bug - which I knew about already, yet I still went Tradition like an idiot, lol. The Great Work slots that can't be filled, and the mysterious disappearing buildings that sometimes are there and sometimes aren't. Despite all that, I'm still leading in score, in religion, in population (size 26 Manila by 1800) and in income, and second in tech. I probably will not be able to attain any of the victory conditions, but I can settle for a score victory. Germany is the tech leader and my strongest rival, but I don't think even he can win any of the victory types by 2050.

My religion, Bathalaism, is pretty strong, and I'm having fun sending missionaries to convert CS for quests. It would surely be even stronger if I hadn't picked Papal Primacy... :(

Funny moment of the game: Germany, who is going for a diplo victory, filed a resolution in the World Congress to embargo City-States. It passed, too. :crazyeye:

Random civ, small continents, immortal, large, standard speed, all other settings random.
Rolled Arabia, AWESOME start location (floodplains, incense, marble, wheat, river), and picked up desert folklore. Awesome production (camel archers in 1-2 turns :)) and a bunch of wonders. Conquered Colombo to get FOY.
Unfortunately, Wu Frigate rushed me and has blockaded Baghdad...anyway, it is shaping up to be a pretty epic game...just hit schools t141.

I'm having a very pleasurable game with France right now. As Zidane (lol) I'm on a standard map, communitas (with modded more land). 8 Civs and 8 city states. Prince difficulty with better AI mod (a few other mods but none affect the game like the better AI does). Diplo and time victory disabled.

I conquered seized Gao within 150 turns, taking their holy city and wiping out Islam off the map within turn 200. On my side of the world the Songhai were badly damaged of course, the Indonesians were war mongering and doing it well, while the Dutch were doing quite poorly. Small cities, bad start. For the better part of 250-300 turns before Astronomy came into play our little word was a very much French-Indonesian dominated one. I was high on score and thought I was doing perfect, until I met the other side of the world. Montezuma was doing almost as good as me and was a strangely respectable figure. Spain lost its capital very early to him, and the Assyrians were laughably in the classical era when everyone was already entering the industrial era. they were totally dismantled by the Aztecs, and I think someone (probably Austria) liberated them.

So then I meet my other super power: Austria. These guys score was at 1500ish when i was at 1200 and thought I was in the clear. I was like... da hell? How?? So I go check and Vienna is size 32. For perspective Paris was the largest city in the known world at the time at 25, with Gao at 12, Amsterdam at 13, and even Jakarta at 18ish. I have no idea how Vienna got that size but it's pretty incredible.

Since we meet I've done all I could to screw with Austria. I denounced for spying, I've embargo'd them, and I'm in the process of one by one banning the luxuries they hold dear. It's a full on cold war. I expanded my empire to 2 new cities from my original 4 cities... I built "Montreal" in the arctic to tap into huge oil reserves. The other city, "Trois Rivieres" is founded on a smallish island 4 hexes from Vienna's shore. This will be a staging point of my hit on Vienna in a few dozen turns to 1) send in some great musicians and 2) see if I can pillage Austria enough to cause some issues.

I hesitate a little only because I know for whatever reason the AI simply doesn't handle cross ocean wars well. So it seems cheap to me to wage a cross ocean war on my super power cold war enemy and gain and advantage by taking the fight to her. Overall though a very enjoyable game but the incredible start position of having Lake Victoria 2 tiles from Paris has made it kinda easy.

Top Bottom