9.3MB update? (solved)

Mr. Grieves

Wondermonger
My steam client just finished downloading a 9.3MB update for Civ V.
Though it says 1.0.3.144 in the splash screen, isn't that the same version number as before? All it seems to have done at first glance is reset my screen aspect ratio to 4:3 :confused:

Does anybody have any idea what this is?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-20 at 7.09.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-20 at 7.09.43 PM.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 190
That does sound quite peculiar. PArt of me would guess it could be a workshop/mod update, but I do not see the workshop tag. Time to don the tin foil hats again.

I'm not seeing any update download for me. Perhaps it was a Workshop thing and just didn't show up as such?

Or perhaps its the long-awaited balance patch that fixes every bug with Civ V! Or not.

I haven't downloaded or installed any mods though. Especially the resolution thing weirds me out now.

So that's why it's only showing up on my laptop :p
I didn't even consider that, since the last update was distributed simultaneously. Thank you!

Additionally, the game should run faster (meaning less waiting in between turns in late-game situations).

Please somebody tell me this is already on PC and I just don't know it yet.

9.3 M.B is very tiny amount.

9.3 - 9 = 0.3
HALF-LIFE.3 (Civilization scenario) CONFIRMED. Contain the ravenous fan-boys desperate for the next release of the Half-Life series, turned into violent rioters at Gabe Newell's joke-remark about the game. Use Great Video Game Makers to create substitute games to keep the mobs at bay, until you work towards the end of the 'Valvism' social policy tree to spawn the Great Person who shall bring forth the third title in the series of Half-Life.

... Totally real. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom