I don't understand why I have not won

WhoGnu

Chieftain
a domination vicory? Help please. I am the last civ in control of my original capital. Is that not the way you win? I am Japan. I have attached a screenshot of the victory progress.

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0005.jpg
    Civ5Screen0005.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 227
You have to control all capitals, instead of being the last player controling original one

So is the civilopedia written wrong? I think it gives an example that says otherwise????

The civilopedia is pretty damn awful, so there's a good chance it might be, yes.

They most likely forgot to change the Civilopedia entry after BNW was released. In Vanilla and GnK you only had to be the last player with his original capital, in BNW you need to control ALL original capitals now.

From what I've read about the game (don't have it myself) in vanilla you just have to be the last, but starting with one expansion (can't remember what it is) you have to control every capital.

EDIT: Crosspost with dopingman

Hiawatha still has the greek capital. You have to take the greek capital from Hiawatha to win. (I saw the screeny.)

Thanks all. They should change the civilopedia. I wonder how many other changes are needed?

In my game Greece controls the Iroquois capital and I (Japan) control the Greek Capital which I just took. The screenshot is glitch free I believe. After taking Athens I should have won according to the civilopdeia.

Thanks again.

Thanks all. They should change the civilopedia. I wonder how many other changes are needed?

In my game Greece controls the Iroquois capital and I (Japan) control the Greek Capital which I just took. The screenshot is glitch free I believe. After taking Athens I should have won according to the civilopdeia.

Thanks again.

That explains the strange tooltip. You need to control all original capitals.

Yeah, Civilopedia hasn't been updated (for this and more than a few other items), but the victory progress screen and tooltip are correct -- you now have to control all original capitals.

Top Bottom