could not get patch - problem with Washington, DC Steam server

bivrak

Chieftain
I was not getting the 1.0.0.62 patch I've been reading about all over the Internet. My version number continued to say 1.0.0.20. I verified my Internet connection and that within Steam, Civ V was set to automatically update. I tried closing and restarting the game over and over, trying to get the patch automatically, but without success. Eventually, I tried changing the download server under Steam > settings > download + cloud. I changed it from Washington, DC to Philadelphia, then launched the game, and the patch downloaded right away. So I think the Washington, DC Steam server doesn't have the most current version of the game on it. Just posting in case anyone has the same problem. I have also opened a help ticket to report this to Steam. I hope they will take care of it quickly.

I had to close and restart Steam before it would update. :rolleyes:
Yes, usually restarting steam will make it check for patches. When you changed the server you would have restarted steam, so maybe the restart rather than the server change itself did it.

I restarted Steam over and over and over with no result. And I verified the patch was not installed already. The version number was 1.0.0.20. I am 100% certain that what made my patch download was switching to the Philadelphia server.

Top Bottom