who do you feel guilty about destroying?

paralistalon

Chieftain
My latest game, I came to feel very bad about picking on kamehameha. To be fair, he settled my perfect expansion spot by like turn 25 with his third city, so I didn't even have a chance at claiming it. I later DoWed him and took the city and razed a nearby one to keep him off my lawn. He forgave me pretty fast. Of all the civs, you can always expect DoF requests from Polynesia. But then he wonder spammed in his capital and passed the resolution for extra culture from wonders and then went freedom while I went order and built the statue of liberty in Honolulu, so I couldn't help but attack him again. It's nothing personal, but I feel like such a tyrant. If it was the Greeks or Celts or Siam or anyone else, I wouldn't have a second thought about it, lol.

I'm almost always a peaceful player, even with AIs. I tried to do a warmonger game with Mongolia awhile back, but I just couldn't make myself follow through with it. :crazyeye:

Isabella is the only one I feel guilty about. That has more to do with civ 4 though. Polynesia is almost always my enemy. He always founds a religion, and never follows through on his promise to send his missionaries and prophets elsewhere.

99% of my wars are because of that, I give them one chance to play nice. If they lie to me, I wipe them out. I do not go out of my way to spread my religion, but my cities remain pure to the religion of Bob.

I never feel bad about deposing an incompetent government and replacing them with my own, benevolent leadership. Their citizens will be much better off, able to fully enjoy the benefits of my nation's culture and economy under the protection of my superior military.

I never feel bad about deposing an incompetent government and replacing them with my own, benevolent leadership. Their citizens will be much better off, able to fully enjoy the benefits of my nation's culture and economy under the protection of my superior military.

Even though half the women and children were destroyed in the invasion and family farms and towns were burned and raided?

Sweden because I want my 10% GP bonus. Everyone else can die.

I'm almost always a peaceful player, even with AIs. I tried to do a warmonger game with Mongolia awhile back, but I just couldn't make myself follow through with it. :crazyeye:

I do this too. Build up an army and then go for a cultural win

Shoshone. Oppressing the native americans makes me feel bad.

Austria, because she looks like an old lady, gets the "Afraid" diplo status really easily, and then you kill her so it's like you just barged in and killed an old lady. :blush:

A lifelong friend especially if we got along with each other great and he backstabs me because i'm about to win.

I feel a little guilty when I steal an AI worker in the very early game, forward settle ever city location around an AI, and then beat an AI down after I have basically already crippled them. I did this most recently to Byzantium and it left me feeling a bit guilty (and btw I did this on Emperor so I don't look like I set up an easy win.)

The barbarians...just homeless people looking for somewhere to live, but then like many people they get greedy and start rampaging and then I have to wipe 'em all out: scorched earth policy, but they force my hand (and I look the other way while collecting my booty).

Genghis Khan: The way he puts his hands behind his back and tells you to guide him to his execution tends to get to me. He has failed to bring what he promised his horde. He has nothing to live for.

Pedro: He was my friend, but it was a ruse to make me lower my guard and win with cultural victory. Godspeed you magnificent *******.

Byzantium. Theodora is the only leader who I can count on being a lifelong friend every single game. She never forward settles me, attacks me, or even spams her religion at me in spite of being a religious civ, but always does well enough to trade and sign research agreements. They're the first to offer a DoF and we keep it the entire game. Nothing short of mass genocide ever makes her angry. I try to never clash with her unless I'm going domination, and even then I spare as many cities as I can.

Top Bottom