AI expansion beyond three tiles?

topresch

Warlord
As the title says, how can the AI expand beyond three tiles from their Cap to acquire a Lux when they haven't NEARLY filled out their allotted three in each direction? Have I missed something here (and they didn't use a GG):

Spoiler :

The max culture tile acquisition goes beyond 3 tiles. It goes the same for the AI.

This isn't AI exclusive I had this thing to, you can buy up to and control up to 3 tiles away from the capital but the cultural expansion does not stop there.

Culture expansion can extend up to 5 tiles. In many cases it will prefer a resource tile at 4th ring to a rough terrain 3rd ring tile.

Yeah, but in my experience it never passes into the fourth circle until the entire first to third circle is filled up. Haven't noticed that previously at least.

That's normal.. ai cultural expansions usually expand towards resources by default..

Yeah, but in my experience it never passes into the fourth circle until the entire first to third circle is filled up. Haven't noticed that previously at least.

What you have seen is the exception, not the rule. As others have said, the cultural tile acquisition mechanic will often acquire ring 4 tiles before completing ring 3 (and will acquirte ring 3 tiles before completing ring 2).

Top Bottom