Civs AI doesn't do well with

Indonesia and Portugal alway getting eatten by some warmonger.
The Mongols can sometimes be scary.
Pasiv Civs with no real Special Unit bonus will end up with a low military score and be the punching back of almsot everyone.

I had two games with indonesia becoming a military powerhouse and a contender for a victory. In one of these games, they totally conquered the Netherlands...:lol:

I agree that the Mongols are usually subpar, though any civ can become a powerhouse, given enough luck. The problem with the AI though is, that they do not always understand to (ab)use their special units. Mongols sucking on Archipelago is understandable. On Pangea less so. Plus diplo hit for warmongers is so crippling since BNW, that usually all other AIs gang up on Mongolia when they begin to conquer CS.

Indonesia does surprisingly good in my games, I always like the AI Indonesian State. It is usually not giant superpower but remains cute developed highly populated empire enjoying peace and prosperity.

To be honest all BNW factions seem for me to remain good in the AI hands, even Venice.

The worst in AI hands in my games are:
- Songhai
- Polynesia
- Celts
- Denmark

These guys always fail in my games :p

I agree that the Mongols are usually subpar, though any civ can become a powerhouse, given enough luck. The problem with the AI though is, that they do not always understand to (ab)use their special units. Mongols sucking on Archipelago is understandable. On Pangea less so. Plus diplo hit for warmongers is so crippling since BNW, that usually all other AIs gang up on Mongolia when they begin to conquer CS.

In my most recent game (King, standard, standard), a Mongol spy stole Calendar on turn 154. I think that says everything about why Genghis is always subpar. (He also still only had one city, having spent his time fighting several futile wars against CS.)

In my most recent game (King, standard, standard), a Mongol spy stole Calendar on turn 154. I think that says everything about why Genghis is always subpar. (He also still only had one city, having spent his time fighting several futile wars against CS.)

That can happen to any random civ ai..

That can happen to any random civ ai..

It can, but I think it happens more often with Genghis. He decides from the beginning that his goal is to attack CS. He ignores everything else (research, growth, etc.) and just builds units. He then sends an army that is not-quite-strong-enough against a CS with good defensive terrain. The units get chewed up, and he has nothing to show for it.

And using a spy to steal calendar still means you are a long way from philosophy, or theology, or education. Not a good thing when at least one of your opponents is in the Renaissance.

Spain and America. I have resurected Spain and supplied her with troops, and she still loses.

I've had games where Genghis takes over 4 or 5 CS and makes a decent empire for himself, doesn't ever really succeed in wars against other Civs in my games but he can whoop CS in my games usually

I had two games with indonesia becoming a military powerhouse and a contender for a victory. In one of these games, they totally conquered the Netherlands...:lol:

I am from Indonesian, and I found this hilarious.
All the hardcore player here probably know the history, but for the others who don't know, Netherlands colonized Indonesia for almost 3 1/2 century.:lol:

Top Bottom