Do you think IQ and Civ performance would show a correlation?

Me either. Maybe they feel really awesome playing Civ V and want it to relate to skills in real life? ;) Okay, I'm gonna get a lot of heat for that... :p

Speaking of which I improved a deck and planted a garden this past week...what do you other guys do in your free time other than civ V?

Speaking of which I improved a deck and planted a garden this past week...what do you other guys do in your free time other than civ V?
Doing something that's not playing Civ? :confused: Oh, you mean like... uhm, sleeping? And drawing of course!

It's a late response but I would like to add a couple things.

At of people mentioned this but it really comes down to interest. I like the story aspect and purposely start some games with no intention of winning. Which is why this game is so amazing. So if i was interested in mastering every detail and doing little things like stealing early workers or leeching early trade routes for science then I'd be more successful. But sometimes if I'm playing as Monty I'm not going to trade with the Spanish, there BENEATH ME!

The last thing I'd like to say is that I think it would be poor game design if there was a large deviation. At the end of the day they are making a mass market game. And gameplay should feel intuitive and have clear signals as to what you can do and what you can't do,and why. You shouldn't have to read a text book to have fun with something. That would be poor GAME design

Top Bottom