How long do sea trade routes reach by default?

Frossa

Prince
I've heard it's around 40 tiles, bit I'd like to have this clarified if anybody knows the exact maximum distance.
So? :D

It starts with a range of 20 :) With Compass, it goes to 30, then with a Harbor, 45. It extends again with Biology (or refrigeration, I don't recall which is the range and which is the additional route), though I don't recall to what.

Is it in no way changed by map size? Seems odd that it wouldn't scale, but who knows.

Is it in no way changed by map size? Seems odd that it wouldn't scale, but who knows.

That's sort of my plan, I've made a mod that increases the sea trade routes drastically when building the East India Company (to be used on Huge maps), and I needed to know the original maximum distance first ^^

As a practical matter, base often isn't enough to cover even all cities on the same landmass on a large island.

With a Compass & Harbor, it would have to be a big continent to not be able to cover all cities on it.

With refrigeration on a standard size map a city with a harbor can cover most of the (coastal) cities in the world.

Anyone know if trade routes can pass through other cities (your own or other players')? So in Panama Canal type situations where a city links two bodies of water. Could cities on opposite sides of the "canal city" have a sea trade route between them?

Anyone know if trade routes can pass through other cities (your own or other players')? So in Panama Canal type situations where a city links two bodies of water. Could cities on opposite sides of the "canal city" have a sea trade route between them?

Yes they can.

Top Bottom