To those with d3dx9_32.dll problems

Guys, i have Vista and CIV keeps crashing. I download the DirectX as advised here but i get the following msg once i try to extract it.

extracting file failed.It is most likely caused by low memory (low-disk space for swapping file) or corrupted Cabinet file.

Can anyone help?

Civ IV continued to crash for me until I downloaded the 1.64 patch which made it work perfectly, at this point I am to afraid to update to 1.74 ;)

try to use this one instead:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...67-D926-463B-99E8-27199D6626B5&displaylang=en

it is an auto-extracting file.. so after you run it, you have to go to the directory you specified, and run the DXSETUP.exe that is found inside that dir

I am having a problem with BTS, I posted a thred about it in the BTS forum but no help. Its the error for the d3dx9_33.dll file, not the d3dx9_32.dll file for regular Civ IV. After going to that link and installing I ran the DXSETUP then put the d3dx9_33.dll file into my BTS folder. It seemed to solve the error, however when I went to play the game it said: Unable to Load Shader Libraries. I dont really understand how to fix this whole thing and I really want to play BTS =\ Any help would be very appreciated, thanks.

Try searching for d3dx9_ on your hard drive you should get a list of dll-files.
Take the one with the highest number in it like d3dx9_31.dll and make a copy of it in the same directory it is in. Then rename it to d3dx9_32.dll.
Then try to run the game. You use an older version of directx but i don't think that is a problem.
Let us know if it works

Kwibus your solution worked for my BTS!!! :) I took the d3dx9_31.dll file and put it in my BTS folder then renamed it to d3dx9_33.dll and it worked! Thanks a whole lot mate!

Ha ha!!!!! You Guys Rock!!!!!!!! I spent months on this and finally got it to work. u guys are so awesome!!!! I had no idea the solution was that easy!!! I thoght the game was scrwed up foreever but now iit is fixed!! Sweet!!! I'm gona play it know. lol!! Thanks a lot.

Just a rookie here first ever puter game....
I won the tutorial LMAO :queen:
Thanks for the FIX I couldn't get the
Civilization program to open tonight,
and only 2 hours from total world domination
so a million thanks for the link!:goodjob:
I had a great time learning the game
hope to find more help here in the future
peace (not in CIV) lol :spear:
Bunnie

Hello folks this is my first post and engagment on this. If Civ had worked for me I would probably still be unregistered but would like to ask for some help.

I initially had installed Civ4 and had never had any problems. Last week I completely reinstalled windows and after installing Civ4 everything was working perfectly.

I then decided to check for updates and install the patch for Civ4 from the game menu - whatever the most current version is.

Then I had dx problems - so i followed the advice on here about various dll files and xml stuff.

The original error has now gone and it progresses further on the startup loader for the Civ4 sequence. However, it gets to Init Engine and pauses, screen goes black returns to desktop and then a send error message appears.

I have installed the most recent dx file from microsoft via web installer and generally been through all the pointers I can to alleviate the problem and now thinking its probably a lot easier to just uninstall everything and forego the patching process.

Dx set up looks to check out fine with no errors - so if anyone has any suggestions then I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Even if I could just load up the game and get to the menu again I would be happy. At least it would be an improvement.

Steveo

Thanks for your welcome Ori.

I've since removed the game and only installed the first patch available which means that it works okay. Its only the second patch that seemed to be a problem. But if your happy to have a look I would install the 2nd again and give you that.

(Sorry for not having replied sooner).

Its really up to you. Since there are three patches available I am not sure which one you installed, I assume its 1.61? if yes thats stable in its own right so if you just play single player you'll be fine with that. There are a few minor bug fixes and some balance fixes in 1.74 - but its not vitally necessary to have those...

Did the dll stuff, the message went away, and a new one appeared:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc00000ba). Click on OK to terminate the application."

XP, patch 1.74. I just installed the game on my system, so I went from version 0.00 to 1.74 in one big leap.

Frustrating.

No, that's all it says. I wonder if I could download an earlier patch and just build upon that.

Just spent the last few hours getting CIV4 and the 1.74 patch to work.
I have just installed Vista in the last few days, including the SP1 and finally got around to installing CIV.
I had the 32dll problem first, fixed that, then got the library thingy problem, fixed that.

Thank you for the advice on this sight.
One point of advice for the people supplying solutions, please explain your solution step by step. Generalisations which you may assume everyone understands, can make what is possibly quite a simple solution rather difficult for less savy people like myself. :confused:

Thanks
I was having a panic attack when I saw this error after my download. Blood pressure back too 120/80!!

Top Bottom