FfH2 0.31 Changelog

Would it unbalance the Khazad to gain an extra food from windmills? Maybe then they could cast motherload without worrying about starving their populace.

2. The Mother Lode world spell now gives 25 gold per mine and has a 10% chance to transform every flatland the player owns into a hill.

Should that read "a 10% chance for each individual flatland the player owns to be turned into a hill" ?

Seems flavourful and a bit more powerful so I like it ... will it destroy pre-built farms if the tile turns to hill?
I dont think that would completely cripple food production, and it will help dwarves where they are strongest, particularly if their starting spot is looking a bit Dutch.

Would it unbalance the Khazad to gain an extra food from windmills?

Dwarven bread should be represented in game as less food, more stone :crazyeye:

Mines are the dwarven focus and rightly so. I think they will be fine for food even after the world spell (10% aint actually gonna be that many new hills - one or two per city), if food is short make sure you take agriculture civic and get one or two farms for a cities sustainability.

Mushrooms bonus on hills? Like the Lanun Pearls? Might be a cool idea, would go with the myconid, maybe require mushrooms to build.

Personally I still want a spell that makes Peaks currently in Khazad territory productive. Probably randomly placing gems, gold, copper, iron, mithril, or marble with the proper improvements (mines and quarries, possibly on ) and maybe roads to connect the resources and/or maybe adding +1 gold (maybe also food production trade, etc, especially if the first idea isn't used) to peaks too. The name Motherlode is still appropriate.

0.31The Mother Lode world spell now gives 25 gold per mine and has a 10% chance to transform every flatland the player owns into a hill.
Ugh, really dislike this one... It removes city planning and replaces it with chance. What good is a spell with a random chance to completely mess up a city? Yeah, it might improve a city by granting more production but it can just as easily ruin a city by taking away vital river grassland tiles, etc. Hills are no good without enough food to use them.

This spell has more of a Balseraph flavour: they're the ones aligned with chaos. Why would the Khazad want to randomly improve or destroy their own cities?

I miss Acheron...

I am lost...
I see no link in Kael's 1st post concerning this 0.31
The official 0.30 mod thread (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171398) still speaks about 0.30 and patch f
The official link to download (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1) still speak about 0.30 ... and patch e...

My guess is that 0.31 is not released yet, and they go so fast for producing patches that they have no time for updating all related pages.
Am I right??

Ah! (never received any answer in another post, another thread): do anyone also know which version/patch is the most stable concerning Out of Synchro errors? I keep getting oos when playing direct IP with my 2 nephews. (We are going back to patch c as it seems to be more stable than e)

@jprc; This is just the changelog for the next version so we can discuss it before it's released

Ugh, really dislike this one... It removes city planning and replaces it with chance. What good is a spell with a random chance to completely mess up a city? Yeah, it might improve a city by granting more production but it can just as easily ruin a city by taking away vital river grassland tiles, etc. Hills are no good without enough food to use them.

I completely agree

I miss Acheron...

As long as he isn't walking around and leaving his hoard ungaurded i completely agree here too.

Come on, ten percent isn't that bad. Means on average you will get 2 new hills per city and that is if there was everything flat initially. For Dwarves to have more hills is clearly an advantage: Higher chance for discovering new ressources, easy to move in, more production, more gold ...

Will it be possible for tiles that normally aren't hills (eg oasis) to become hills? The only place where its really a negative is flood plains becoming desert hills.

Your farm was destroyed by a marauding Barbarian Hill!
:hammer2::twitch: :spank:

An Os-Gabella/Falamar event would be such fun. Falamar, being Falamar, would try wielding his charms, but fail miserably. You'd get various options to either try to avoid further irritating the Sheaim, or further provoke them into war (if you've got allies to back you up). Maybe a special option if Falamar is AV, to raise the AC and negate the man-hater penalty.
EDIT: Keep up the good work, FfH team! I look forward to .31! :goodjob:

An Os-Gabella/Falamar event would be such fun. Falamar, being Falamar, would try wielding his charms, but fail miserably. You'd get various options to either try to avoid further irritating the Sheaim, or further provoke them into war (if you've got allies to back you up). Maybe a special option if Falamar is AV, to raise the AC and negate the man-hater penalty.
EDIT: Keep up the good work, FfH team! I look forward to .31! :goodjob:
Well, there are 13 woman leaders in FfH, so we would have to get rid of one. Os- Gabella seems like the only one who will be able to resist him.

2. The AI will build Acheron now (most troublesome monster ever).
I wonder whats Archerons next plan to annoy Kael?

Top Bottom