Caveman 2 Cosmos

In the ROM AND there are options to install a different coloured interface like the coal one which I really like. Can I do that with C2C....I can't find an option anywhere.

**Edit**
Also, is the "formations" mod in C2C?

**Edit 2**
I hope this is going to be OK. I copied the folder for "Formations" and "Interface Colors" over from AND to C2C and edited the XML file to include them. It doesn't work on my saved game, but it looks OK on a new game after I clear cache. Is that going to be OK or were they not included for a specific reason?

I noticed that workers can "create" many sources of cows or elephants (the two animal resources I already hooked), is that normal or a bug? if it's normal isn't it too powerfull?
Also in the pedia, I couldn't find a place where to know exactly what a subdued animal (and only a subdued animal) can create. I subdued some animals, and since I am not sure I'll catch more of those, I'd like to know what's best use I can make of them.
Other than that, I love the mod, although I find that there are tooooooooooooo many buildings; there aree so much of them that I can't "remember" what to build, when and why and that "removes" the "thinking" and some times makes me build with no clear " purpose"

I noticed that workers can "create" many sources of cows or elephants (the two animal resources I already hooked), is that normal or a bug? if it's normal isn't it too powerfull?
Also in the pedia, I couldn't find a place where to know exactly what a subdued animal (and only a subdued animal) can create. I subdued some animals, and since I am not sure I'll catch more of those, I'd like to know what's best use I can make of them.
Other than that, I love the mod, although I find that there are tooooooooooooo many buildings; there aree so much of them that I can't "remember" what to build, when and why and that "removes" the "thinking" and some times makes me build with no clear " purpose"

Looks like I will have to write a concepts page for subdued animals. So far there are military buildings - the standard (one for land and rarer one for sea), dog kennels and the hunting lodge. The hunting lodge is required to build hunters which are good at capturing more animals. Each give XP to units built in the city, especially hunters so they are even better at capturing more animals ;) Unfortunately in C2C hunters become available far to late even when I remove the canine domestication tech from the requirements.

Then there are the resource buildings - herd of the animal.

Then there are the revolution reduction & happiness buildings - pets and minagerie.

Then there are the happiness buildings that require the Chariot tech - carnival and cages.

Where do i put the leaderheads zip file with the extra civilizations?

I made a folder called Custom Leaderheads inside the Modules folder, but I ctd when i am about to click and choose a civ when starting a game.

Where do i put the leaderheads zip file with the extra civilizations?

I made a folder called Custom Leaderheads inside the Modules folder, but I ctd when i am about to click and choose a civ when starting a game.

Make sure it looks like this: 1st pic

Then make sure you have the two MLF files at the bottom.

I ask my question again as it went unnoticed ;-):

I ask my question again as it went unnoticed ;-):

Missed it, yes its normal, but in the discussion thread, we have the author re-doing the way it works, haven't decided yet which way is best.

@strategyonly

I just noticed something. Your thread should say "Cavemen to Cosmos" not "Caveman".

It sounds better as CavemAn, sorry.

It sounds better as CavemAn, sorry.

Are you sure? Cavemen sounds like there is more than one. Such as "in the time of cavemen", not "in the time of caveman". In addition I am not sure if Cosmos is singular or plural. If its singular then maybe your right. At any rate either spelling still makes "C2C".

Are you sure? Cavemen sounds like there is more than one. Such as "in the time of cavemen", not "in the time of caveman". In addition I am not sure if Cosmos is singular or plural. If its singular then maybe your right. At any rate either spelling still makes "C2C".

IIRC cosmos means everything that was, is and will be so it is singular. :)

I got the extra civs working after I followed your instructions and also put the .fpk files into the assets folder.
Thank you. :)

Is there a way I can install the AND mega civ pack into this mod also?

I got the extra civs working after I followed your instructions and also put the .fpk files into the assets folder.
Thank you. :)

Is there a way I can install the AND mega civ pack into this mod also?

Nope, it is NOT compatible what so ever:mischief:

I need some help with the flexible difficulty because the wording in the bug panel is confusing me!

If I want it to get harder when I'm in 1st place, but easier when I'm in 2nd, 3rd or 4th place, what values do I put in for min and max rank?

Thanks!

I am enjoying the mod so far, but I have noticed that when I meet other leaders the text to interact and their initial greeting are not there. I have to press escape to leave the diplomacy screen. I finally got a map I want to play a long time on and would like to partake of diplomacy now, but how can I talk to the leaders. I've already discovered writing, as I thought that was the pre-req, but nope.

I looked over the faq on the first page and didn't see any mention of missing interface options for diplomacy only. This is the only interface element that is not present in the game, everything else is running smoothly. If anyone has any ideas how I can get the leaderhead talk text to appear I'd be most grateful.

I downloaded the 7z file and extracted it to my ..."Civ4\Beyond the sword\Mods\" folder. I am running windows xp 32 with 2 gigs ram and a 512 mb video card. Only encountered memory allocation errors after about every 150 turns or so.

Thanks for making the mod and to anyone who can help me sort out my problem.

I am enjoying the mod so far, but I have noticed that when I meet other leaders the text to interact and their initial greeting are not there. I have to press escape to leave the diplomacy screen. I finally got a map I want to play a long time on and would like to partake of diplomacy now, but how can I talk to the leaders. I've already discovered writing, as I thought that was the pre-req, but nope.

I looked over the faq on the first page and didn't see any mention of missing interface options for diplomacy only. This is the only interface element that is not present in the game, everything else is running smoothly. If anyone has any ideas how I can get the leaderhead talk text to appear I'd be most grateful.

I downloaded the 7z file and extracted it to my ..."Civ4\Beyond the sword\Mods\" folder. I am running windows xp 32 with 2 gigs ram and a 512 mb video card. Only encountered memory allocation errors after about every 150 turns or so.

Thanks for making the mod and to anyone who can help me sort out my problem.

I have seen someone else post this problem on the RoM or RoM/AND forums. (I have not done a search to find the solution.) Recently I have found that just deleting the cache, especially after a memory allocation problem, can fix all sorts of strange problems however I don't expect it will yours, but it is simple and worth a try.

I think you may have a bad install or download, not what you want to hear, I know. This mod takes the best part of 5-6 hours for me to download.

You know not what you ask. It would take many hours of work. IIRC the only reason we got the AND mega pack was because someone, like you, really, really wanted it in the game.

I have no doubt that there is not any better game than civ bts and C2C/AND/ROM megamod.
My question is... does it worth to keep modding? I personaly believe "yes", i wish i knew modding to make the best even better. I really want to see how far it can go...

Well I tried a few things to get it to work. First I deleted the C2C mod folder, downloaded it again from the first page link and extracted it to the same location. I also did a verify test on the compression and it reported no errors.

Ran the game on a duel pangea map (for quick loading and to limit the memory used to rule out that issue) and when I met my neighbor there was no diplomacy text, and the animation on the leaderhead did not animate, it was just still like it was frozen (usually they sway their heads around after the greeting gesture).

So then I went and cleared my cache directory at ..."Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache\"

Ran the game on duel pangea, same result, no diplomacy text or animation.

Then tried one last thing in loading BTS plain, lowered all graphics to lowest setting, reran C2c

Same result.

So unless there is an alternative download site that I don't know about (got mine from Atomic Gamer) then I won't be able to play this mod til this is fixed. I'll try getting RoM and/or AND and seeing if I also have problems with those mods. If those work then there there is something screwy between my machine and this mod.

A shame too as I was really enjoying it, getting used to all the new buildings and features.

Top Bottom