New Civs - Confirmed Details

Actually, razing cities doesn't increase the policy cap.

Hm.. there was a thread about an issue with razing... it still increased something.. i don't know..... still.. I never raze cities xD I don't find any reason to do it, playing on Chieftain is piece of cake.

Razing increases unhappiness.

No, no, it was like a glitch/issue/bug, I don't know, I don't remember

Like I said it was in a thread that I can't find, in which the OP stated that something was raised when it shouldn't have raised (I think it was culture, but if culture didn't raise then I think it was national wonders being unable to build because the razed city wasn't building)

i found it on wikipedia i know it's not the most reliable source but they don't let something on unless there's proof/or something backs up your claim.( reply to Louis XXIV)

It seems only in the one thread in the 2K forums, and not actually in the stream (but I'm not yet done with it).

too bad the comments from the stream aren't lined up with the actual stream.

The Demo at PAX has both Austria and Ethiopia in it. It's also how it got leaked that Carthage gets free harbours.

The UAs for Austria, Carthage, and the Huns seem really quite unique. Hopefully the other UAs are tweaked a little bit to be as dramatic.

I gotta be honest with those screens, is it just me or are the populations really high? I never saw mmost of my cities reach 20+ pop.

I tend to see mid-40s on Immortal.

Perhaps you are not pushing farming as much as you might; that's my thought.

Too many trading posts spoils the broth.

It seems only in the one thread in the 2K forums, and not actually in the stream (but I'm not yet done with it).
Indeed, it comes from this thread at 2K forums.

This is what he mentioned, before the stream:
Carthage: Can cross mountains. Free harbors in their cities.

Huns: Raze cities at double speed. Start with Animal Husbandry. +1 production from pastures.

Destroyers are melee. Battleships are ranged.

Ethiopia is confirmed.

Austria is confirmed.
As you can see some of it is confirmed in the stream (eg Austria), so I think we can safely say the rest is also correct.

Austria is in it sounds awesome. oh man i'm going insane waiting for i can't even sleep at night anymore. Austria's ability is maria theresa can marry into city state and the city state litterly becomes austria's like a part of the austrian civilization. which also means the city state of vienna is gone.

^ This.

The Carthaginian UU's are the African forest Elephant and a ship.

I'm glad to see some more naval UUs being included where appropriate (same with the Byzantine Dromon, which I am well pleased with).

People may complain about the Carthaginian elephants, but after the mountain-crossing ability was revealed, was there really any doubt about this? :p

The Carthaginians may not have used elephants with any particular success historically, but I have to admit that this is more interesting than yet another unique horseman.

Ah yes, the famous Carthaginian Ship. Replaces Boat. Has the ability to float on water but is vulnerable to Aquaman. :king:

Carthage had a massive navy compared to Rome, and Rome only figured out better boats via reverse engineering Carthage boats.

So yeah, a boat makes sense (also goes with those harbours).

Gameplay wise, it adds to the 'viable' AI civs to play against on water maps, which can't be bad.

for random Wikipedia:

"Originally based on Tyrian designs with two or three levels of rowers that were perfected by generations of Phoenician seamanship[citation needed], it also included quadriremes and quinqueremes, warships with four and five ranks of rowers on no more than three levels (see galley). These latter ships were much larger than their predecessors. Archaeological investigations confirm the presence of ship-sheds on the island in the circular harbour reported by ancient sources."

Top Bottom