Reintroducing Diplomatic transparency

mintcandy

King
I really don't like how Civ V hides the weight of previous player behavior in determining the diplomatic stances of AI civilizations.

I really, really liked how players could actually see the numeric weights behind the AI diplomatic opinions in Civ IV.

I recognize that obscuring the numeric diplomatic weights adds some difficulty to the game, so I'd like to see the reintroduction of numeric diplomatic weights for difficulties King and below (for the players who'd appreciate it the most, I reckon), while keeping the diplomatic interface at the current level of obfuscation for Emperor and above.

I never played Civ 4 but i agree that the whole diplomatic system has pretty much been a wash since it got off the ground. I like your idea of making it level dependent, or possibly even something that could be tinkered with in the advanced settings.

The diplomacy in civ 5 already works like this; every diplo bonus and hit have a numerical weight to them though they aren't visible in game, but they can be found in the xml files.

The diplomacy in civ 5 already works like this; every diplo bonus and hit have a numerical weight to them though they aren't visible in game, but they can be found in the xml files.

Okay, then list those weights IN GAME when interacting with civ. leaders. My computer can't toggle between the desktop and Civ V.

Yeah, civ 4 let you see all that stuff. It might be more realistic that you can't see that stuff, since nobody's going to flat out tell you that your relationship is 10 points lower than it was last year, but it would make sense to have it in the game. It probably doesn't even require a lot of scripting to do.

Yeah, civ 4 let you see all that stuff. It might be more realistic that you can't see that stuff, since nobody's going to flat out tell you that your relationship is 10 points lower than it was last year, but it would make sense to have it in the game. It probably doesn't even require a lot of scripting to do.

Or, just reveal those numbers for lower difficulty settings. :D

Doing so is possible by editing the text files and looking how much is each diplomatic opinion worth.

Top Bottom