Over-aggressive AI (Vanilla)

strijder20

Wallowing in irony
Suleiman has been showing some rather interesting behaviour last game (Immortal)

I noticed he started ten tiles away from my capital, so I was already expecting the warrior rush. I beat him back, but a mere twenty turns after our peace treaty he was back with more troops. And while we were in a war, he declared on Augustus Caesar.

We make peace again, but - yes, you've already guessed it - twenty turns later he was back with more troops. Then he declares on Wu Zetian with no reason and no means to get to her land (I was in between them).

The fourth war (t 130 onwards - with me, of course) has been the most remarkable. I gave him OB after our peace treaty, and noticed he was marching towards Wu's city on my border through my land. I was relieved that he was at last searching another target, but while he was besieging her city from my lands, he suddenly decided it would be wise to DOW me and teleport all his troops in random unclaimed bits of land.
And 3 turns later, he declares on Harun, the top dog by a margin, while still being at war with me and Wu.

Silly Man, why did you go berserk? Did anyone else notice this kind of extreme warmonger behaviour?

Suleiman is one of those warmonger types who won't go away - just keep hammering him, and if you have a real runaway as a friend (runaway Persia, for instance), sock him at Sully. His constant warmongering antics will usually result in him being out-teched and thus irrelevant by the mid-T200s; hopefully either you or your friend (or someone else) would have put him out of the game by then, what with him randomly declaring war on everyone in a fit of suicidal spasm.

I think he won't last long after this - I just got pointy stick ratings and he's second to last (before me, of course) and at war with someone who has five times his pointy sticks. Serves him well, I think, but this kind of behaviour is just suicidal.

To expand on this, I played another game.
On T60 I got declared on by the English and the Ottomans (them again). They besiege my cities, and then Sully thinks it's a great idea to declare on Lizzy. Wut?
Then Cathy joins in on my side to fight Lizzy. Great, I think. But a mere two turns later she declares war on me, while her units are in my land fighting English units.
Then Harun declares war on me too, while still at war with Cathy. He sends an army to besiege my capital, which is already under attack by Lizzy, and then DOWs Lizzy.
Oh, and then Cathy decides to DOW Sully the same turn, just because she can.

I also still have vanilla, and Elizabeth and Suleiman seem to be two of my worst enemies.Elizabeth just seems to love to say to me, "By the grace of God your days are numbered!"

Recently I had a game as Persia and me and Suleiman had been fighting some.Then Japan attacked me, and I made peace with Suleiman to fight Japan.I beat the Japanese back, but did little to weaken their empire, and they were clearly getting very powerful.They were also attacking the Ottomans, so I started sending troops trying to defend the Ottomans, not because I just really liked them, but because they were the only thing standing between me and the full wrath of the Japanese!But eventually, even with my army helping, the Japs overran the Ottomans, and then took alot of my land.

I then quite the game.:lol:

I think I will put Suleiman and Elizabeth more in future games. They seem to be a fun bunch, judging by stridjer's post.:D

Top Bottom