You have discovered a new tech.... aww @#$%!

Smokeybear

Emperor
Goody huts, gotta love 'em. Two turns from finishing researching Mining, and what does the only goody hut you've found give you? Mhmm. Mining Technology. Yay. Grrrr.... too bad they couldn't have made those technology huts do a quick check on what you happen to be already researching, and be nice enough to give you something else :-(

What a waste of a good hut. Happens way too often to be at all funny.

They should have called it `You have found technology that helps your wisemen to finish current technology straight away`.

The Devs used the completely wrong wording as you don`t actually discover a new tech. It would be nice if sometimes you discovered something different even if not what you wanted.

I hate it worse when you steal a technology and the only one you can steal is one that you are 3 turns away from finishing yourself.

I wish they'd give you beakers the way RAs and GSs do now.

Instead of the goody hut giving you a tech it'd say "the brilliant minds from this tribe left tons of valuable information. Your research has been accelerated."

Instead of just finishing your current tech it'd give you some amount of beakers that may be less then a full tech, but could spill over into another tech if your current one finishes as a result.

They should have called it `You have found technology that helps your wisemen to finish current technology straight away`.

The Devs used the completely wrong wording as you don`t actually discover a new tech. It would be nice if sometimes you discovered something different even if not what you wanted.

There are plenty of times where I've been researching Pottery or Writing and recieved Mining or Animal Husbandry or Archery from a goody hut.

Let me check, is it better than a sharp stick in the eye?

Oww!

Yes, it is much better than a sharp stick in the eye.

Well, if my warrior pops a hut, voila, a brand-new spearman, with a shiny sharp stick and no experience using it. He could put an eye out with that thing! :crazyeye:

Pro tip, if you are 2 turns away from finishing research, dont step on the goody hut. Wait until you are done with that tech.

Also, I popped a map and discovered Skilldorado first the other day. Dont knock maps.

early map is important for
1. city planning (ie. 3+ lux site; early city grabs)
2. fog busting for barb camp (ie. where to move the initial warrior and/or scout)
3. possibly see an early neighbour and make appropriate adjustments (ie. early Archery vs Greek/Azetc)

a free early tech doesn't make that much a difference on the overall game than the knowledge of our surroundings.

Pro tip, if you are 2 turns away from finishing research, dont step on the goody hut. Wait until you are done with that tech.

Also, I popped a map and discovered Skilldorado first the other day. Dont knock maps.

Were you Spain? :D

Maps are sometimes ok, but getting a partial map of the open ocean is never cool. Barb camp locations are also meh.

@budweiser, I didn't even think it was possible to find a wonder with an ancient ruins map. I don't think it has ever happened to me.

You know, I realised, why are we moaning about? Sure, it seems bad that you only had 2 TURNS before you researched Mining yourself, but now, you are now ahead in technology by 2 turns. Same with Tech stealing.

You know, I realised, why are we moaning about? Sure, it seems bad that you only had 2 TURNS before you researched Mining yourself, but now, you are now ahead in technology by 2 turns. Same with Tech stealing.

Nah, those 2 turns are a huge opportunity loss. its better to just sit there for 2 turns and make sure no one else gets it while you finish your research.

The only one that's sort-of not good is the revealing barbarian encampments because it's essentially the same thing as the honor opener. I usually go a combination of Honor and Tradition as my opener, so I find that Ruins quite unnecessary.

Sometimes you can find another ancient ruins by getting a map. So it's sometimes worth it. I just wish if you find another civ/city-state in the revealed area you actually met them instead of just seeing them.

Sometimes you can find another ancient ruins by getting a map. So it's sometimes worth it. I just wish if you find another civ/city-state in the revealed area you actually met them instead of just seeing them.
Yeah, I agree, maps are sometimes ok, but things could be done to make them better, like giving priority to revealing interesting stuff like natural wonders and city states or other goody huts.

I hate it worse when you steal a technology and the only one you can steal is one that you are 3 turns away from finishing yourself.

Planning ahead can avoid this. Your Espianage screen lets you know how many turns until theft and viewing the city's current build gives you an idea of their tech level. For example the timing might be you should go get Steel out of the way before a theft so you can grab whatever is behind it. If you waited until two turns before theft to start on Steel you will likely just throw researchaway.

Top Bottom