Elimination Thread elimination thread

Which one of these elimination threads is the most useless?

• UA thread
  • UU thread
  • UB thread
  • UI thread

(+1 up, -20 down)

:mischief:

All of them are useless when Fall Patch comes.

Wut? So pillaging is THE key? Few of them only in reality. For the most useless thread i vote for the UU one :rolleyes:

Of the "Unique" elimination threads, the one I find the most useful is the Unique Unit thread.

Unique Ability is already covered by the Civilization Elimination thread.

There aren't enough choices for Unique Improvements, so the outcome of that thread is already predictable. There's also not much to say about the UIs to make the thread interesting.

The UB thread runs into similar issues as the UI thread.

I think the reason why UU worked is because EVERY Civ has a UU and because effective use of a UU depends on the tactical ability of the player using it, which makes the discussion of UU preferences VERY informative.

I think a religious beliefs thread could be similarly informative because of the multitude of options there are, and it's not immediately obvious which option is the best.

It hearkens back to the whole "interesting choice" concept that was referenced in the Civ IV manual. Part of the reason why Civ IV was more replayable than Civ III and Civ II was the introduction of so many different tile improvements, which enabled different playstyles. I think the same is true of elimination threads.

Come to think of it, you should probably also include the elimination thread elimination thread in the elimination thread elimination thread elimination list. :confused:

I think a religious beliefs thread could be similarly informative because of the multitude of options there are, and it's not immediately obvious which option is the best.

It hearkens back to the whole "interesting choice" concept that was referenced in the Civ IV manual. Part of the reason why Civ IV was more replayable than Civ III and Civ II was the introduction of so many different tile improvements, which enabled different playstyles. I think the same is true of elimination threads.

As I'm viewing the religious beliefs threads, it looks like I was premature in my judgement.

The elimination threads for civilization, World Wonders, and Unique Units worked well because the thread restrictions forced voters to explain a few things well instead of voting on a bunch of choices with little to no explanation.

Next, we need the City Names elimination thread, the Forum Section elimination thread, the Leader Head elimination thread, and Map Type thread and I will be content.

Next, we need the City Names elimination thread, the Forum Section elimination thread, the Leader Head elimination thread, and Map Type thread and I will be content.

I shudder to think of the poster elimination threads the mods are undoubtedly having.

I have found most of the elimination threads interesting.

The wonder thread made me look at several wonders in different ways.

I found the civ thread annoying due to the inclusion of DLC civs, particularly toward the end, and I have considered possibly making it without those civs included and perhaps more targeted criteria, but I'll hang on to the idea for a bit longer, at least until we can get used to any changes in the fall patch and the elimination threat craze has died down.

I have also found the UA thread annoying because people seem to often be voting in that based on totally different things. Some of the best UA's, both in and out of any context, have been eliminated.

UU's and UB's are generally far too tied to a civ to be separated so easily. The way they interact with a UA is generally more important than how good they are alone. In the game, it's much easier to look at a UA alone rather than a UU or UB.

We also could make a moderator elimination thread. The moderator who closes this embarrasses himself. :D

you also have the shipped with mods thread (i.e. into the renaicance, paradise found...) and three respective ingame civilizations, also the dificulty and speed elimination threads

Top Bottom