Goodbye, 2KGreg! And thanks a lot!

anandus

Errorist
As you can read here 2K Greg will be moving on:
Goodbye from 2K Greg!
Hey civ fans,

Today is my last day at 2K Games. I've been a community manager here for over two years, but the time has come for me to move on to other ventures. I have very much enjoyed being your liaison to the devs, and getting to be the one to tease and reveal lots of details about Civilization V over this time. I can honestly say that Civilization is my favorite game franchise of all time, and it's one of the primary reasons I ended up getting in to the games industry.

You guys are in very good hands with 2K David, Tom (who handles a lot of the behind the scenes stuff, even if you don't see him here), and Mar (who just started and will introduce himself very soon)!

Also, while this is a goodbye from 2K Greg, it's not actually a goodbye from me. I am still a Civ fan after all, so I'll be using my personal handle, OverloadUT, from here on out.

Thanks for being an awesome community guys.

So, goodbye Greg, good luck in the rest of your career!
Thanks a lot for all your work being an inbetween between the devs and the community. Mustn't been easy with a community like this ;)

And welcome OverloadUT :)

Aw what, first Elizabeth and now Greg, something is going down! The propehcy was true, THE END IS NEAR!..... can he at least come here in his spare time?

Thanks for your good humour these last two years, and thanks for some of your excellent, well thought out posts too. Bye 2K Greg...

A huge welcome to OverloadUT! I, for one, will be looking forward to seeing you post your (real) thoughts on the game! Should be interesting. Good luck for the future.

I wonder what the UT stands for in his new nickname. Also, what's an "overload", like too much load? or a play on overlord. I must know these things.

Greg an Unreal Touranment fan? Figures...

He will be missed!

As you can read here 2K Greg will be moving on:

So, goodbye Greg, good luck in the rest of your career!
Thanks a lot for all your work being an inbetween between the devs and the community. Mustn't been easy with a community like this ;)

And welcome OverloadUT :)

Community was fine, it's the devs that are the problem, not to mention the board ^^

Civilization is no longer a game. It's just a product now, designed for the sole purpose of getting the most money with the least expense.

2KGreg is just a guy doing his job, I have nothing to thank him for. Take care nonetheless, all the best.

Community was fine, it's the devs that are the problem, not to mention the board ^^

Civilization is no longer a game. It's just a product now, designed for the sole purpose of getting the most money with the least expense.

2KGreg is just a guy doing his job, I have nothing to thank him for. Take care nonetheless, all the best.

is the firefighter who charges into your house on fire to save your baby from the fire just 'a guy doing his job', or is he something else, a hero? and worthy of your thanks

is the firefighter who charges into your house on fire to save your baby from the fire just 'a guy doing his job', or is he something else, a hero? and worthy of your thanks
It might just be me, but I assume my feelings towards a firefighter who saved my baby would be vastly different from how I feel about a guy involved in the demise of one of the greatest PC game series ever.

It might just be me, but I assume my feelings towards a firefighter who saved my baby would be vastly different from how I feel about a guy involved in the demise of one of the greatest PC game series ever

Yet you two are still here.

Unfortunately.

Here's hoping that whatever Greg does after this will be successful.

It might just be me, but I assume my feelings towards a firefighter who saved my baby would be vastly different from how I feel about a guy involved in the demise of one of the greatest PC game series ever.

Revisionist history.

Good Luck Greg. Can't blame you for not wanting to deal with it any more.

Top Bottom