Better BAT AI

I just updated to Windows 10, and now the strategy layer/dotmap is working. Must have been some Windows 8 weirdness.

Well, another weird error has arrived. The "Enter worldbuilder" key has just disappeared from the ingame menu.

Let me check my copy...

1. I had follow bug:

My Pikeman + 20 str was attacking on 2 Cuirassier (1 + 30str, 2: +10 str , flanking I) and i expect that me pikemen will fight against cuirassier with +30 str but he was fighting against the second curassier with +10 str, flanking so me pikemen had better chance to win. It is not first time when it happened.

2. I dont like behaviour AI now when attacking on city. He just going arroud city and pillaging and attack just when he surely win. I would like to see decrease that factor when AI calculating if he win or die, because there are just two option - i wil defeat AI army outside of city or he will sending reinforcements over and over again.

I playing Better BAT AI 2.1 on emperor

1. I had follow bug:

My Pikeman + 20 str was attacking on 2 Cuirassier (1 + 30str, 2: +10 str , flanking I) and i expect that me pikemen will fight against cuirassier with +30 str but he was fighting against the second curassier with +10 str, flanking so me pikemen had better chance to win. It is not first time when it happened.

2. I dont like behaviour AI now when attacking on city. He just going arroud city and pillaging and attack just when he surely win. I would like to see decrease that factor when AI calculating if he win or die, because there are just two option - i wil defeat AI army outside of city or he will sending reinforcements over and over again.

I playing Better BAT AI 2.1 on emperor
Bug # 1 is not a bug. That is the random number generator at work. There are plenty of times that you will lose a battle at 99 strength. It's just the way the system works. Better BAT AI does not change the RNG at all, that is strictly BTS behaviour and there is nothing that can be done about it. It's part of the game engine. There have been plenty of threads on the "unfair" RNG in the General Discussions forum. I would advise you to search for them. They will give you a good explanation of the problem.

Bug # 2 is an improvement over the standard AI. The AI will not attack a city unless it has at least even odds to win, or at least a chance to win. It will instead pillage and cripple the city. To put it this way, would you attack a city when you have no chance of winning? The AI has just been programmed to be smarter in that respect.

Bug # 1 is not a bug. That is the random number generator at work. There are plenty of times that you will lose a battle at 99 strength. It's just the way the system works. Better BAT AI does not change the RNG at all, that is strictly BTS behaviour and there is nothing that can be done about it. It's part of the game engine. There have been plenty of threads on the "unfair" RNG in the General Discussions forum. I would advise you to search for them. They will give you a good explanation of the problem.

Bug # 2 is an improvement over the standard AI. The AI will not attack a city unless it has at least even odds to win, or at least a chance to win. It will instead pillage and cripple the city. To put it this way, would you attack a city when you have no chance of winning? The AI has just been programmed to be smarter in that respect.

1. I dont have problem with RNG. I am saying this: If attacking some unit on another stack units, from defend stack units is choosing unit with the best chance to win and this is the bug what i am reporting because my pikemen had fight against cuirasser with 30 str instead of cuirasser with 10 str.

2. Could you please help me where can i decrease this ai calculating ?

I have repeatedly noticed that AI sending secluded siege units and big army with just 1-2 siege units

Attachments

• civbug.jpg
    civbug.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 95
I have repeatedly noticed that AI sending secluded siege units and big army with just 1-2 siege units

That is the result of the basic CIV program. In vanilla CIV, siege units could kill other units. That got changed in BTS but the program was not altered so that the AI was aware of it. Hence, siege units moving to the attack by themselves. Also the AI has always done a lousy job of using siege. It has always included way too few siege units in its stacks. Is it a bug? You could consider it that but it is a bug in the basic CIV code not the mod.

That is the result of the basic CIV program. In vanilla CIV, siege units could kill other units. That got changed in BTS but the program was not altered so that the AI was aware of it. Hence, siege units moving to the attack by themselves. Also the AI has always done a lousy job of using siege. It has always included way too few siege units in its stacks. Is it a bug? You could consider it that but it is a bug in the basic CIV code not the mod.

Thanks for answer,

So better bat ai didnt fix that bug ?

No, Better BAT AI did not fix that "bug".

May have screwed up the installation, but, I am showing that CIVIC changes are not accompanied by periods of Anarchy. Also I don't see upgrades for units to Musketmen.

Like I said quite likely that my install was incorrect. I loaded the new Better AI Mod but may have other eliminates from other upgrades/updates.

Buck

Hmmm. You shouldn't have those problems. It may take a day or two, but let me play a game and see if I can duplicate it. Which leader were you playing?

I was trying to apply the mod to an old saved BTS game. When I started a new one the problem disappeared.

Now have played to 1803 as Dutch, huge world, marathon game speed and game is freezing up at the "waiting for other Civs to move" stage. I know this has happened to me in the past but have laid off playing Civ4 for 6 months or more and it is the first time since getting a new computer.

Getting older and for the life of me I can't remember what caused or the solution for the previous times years past. New computer has lesser specs than my previous one, but, I still should be adequate (12GB memory dual core Intel).

May or not be a Better AI (et al) issue at all. Hate to throw this game away.

Buck

BTW have gone back to older saves and replayed turns several forward, but it is still freezing at the 1803 turn.

I was trying to apply the mod to an old saved BTS game. When I started a new one the problem disappeared.

Now have played to 1803 as Dutch, huge world, marathon game speed and game is freezing up at the "waiting for other Civs to move" stage. I know this has happened to me in the past but have laid off playing Civ4 for 6 months or more and it is the first time since getting a new computer.

Getting older and for the life of me I can't remember what caused or the solution for the previous times years past. New computer has lesser specs than my previous one, but, I still should be adequate (12GB memory dual core Intel).

May or not be a Better AI (et al) issue at all. Hate to throw this game away.

Buck

BTW have gone back to older saves and replayed turns several forward, but it is still freezing at the 1803 turn.

I haven't heard of anyone getting stuck at the 1800s before. That usually means that the game is looking for something and can't find it. I'll play a Dutch game to the end and see if I can duplicate it.

Can you post the save game for me, please?

Here is the save game. Hope you can find out something for me. I have started AND2 game but as much as I like many of it's features, it is really not my cup of tea.

Buck

Attachments

• Buck AD-1803.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 91
Buck,

I can't open the file you posted. I get a failure to uncompress game data. Have you modified the mod in any way? What version of BBATAI are you running?

First of all let me apologize for not replying back after you tried to assist me. Got frustrated with the game and moved on without the courtesy of responding. Very rude of me.

Took a look see back here after playing a zillion turns of AMD2. I just got wore out (and bored out) with it and it's zillion buildings, and threw in the towel. I think I mentioned it before but it is just not for me.

Not sure why you couldn't open my save but I went back in and dropped back to even an earlier save than I had tried before and I was able to play forward :)clap::woohoo::mwaha:).

So thank you so very much for taking the time to try to assist me, I do appreciate it.

Now back to having fun with the Better AI mod.

Buck

Thanks for getting back to me. I wonder if your save had become corrupted somehow?

Anyway, I was able to play beyond the 1800's with no problems, so I think that the mod is all right. It must just have been a glitch on your end.

I'm glad you're enjoying the mod. Please post back if you have any more issues. :)

Hello Lemon....

I generally only play CIV4 in winter. I uninstall it in spring. I upgraded to Win10... and now...

I installed CIV4 & Better Bat 2.1

I cant use it because I get a "Cant write to ini file" that repeats down the front of the screen.

Any ideas? what do I disable? I already tried uninstalling and re installing BBAI2.1

ciao bambina

Top Bottom