Bug Reporting

i will try a reinstall of the mod w/ a fresh downloaded version -- got my fbug like 3 days ago ?? anyways dunno what the cause is....

using 303 of course, and solvers patch too......

i put your mod right like you all asked in

I'm guessing that the font used to display those hovers is wreaking havoc with your theme

ya i think your right.... btw, what theme am i using ????? can i choose a theme..... hmm maybe thats the prob.

thanx for getting back with me no big deal for me i guess i am the only one with this issue... I will try to fix it on my own.

probably best to delete civ4, warlords, and BTS then go and make sure it has deleted everything and then do a reinstall as i was trusting that it had deleted enough of it when i did the delete and reinstall yesterday of civ4 and bts.

did a full uninstall........then deleted all left existing folders and files in both my games directory and the C:/program files/firaxis directory rebooted and painstakingly reinstalled and updated both civ4 and BTS (3.03) then applied the flavorful mod (94,993,818 bytes) that i downloaded today.....

still i get the same thing.....
deleted solvers mod.... still get the same thing.
i have a US version of the games

maybe if i have time later i will install on another PC i have lying around here somewhere.....

did a full uninstall........then deleted all left existing folders and files in both my games directory and the C:/program files/firaxis directory rebooted and painstakingly reinstalled and updated both civ4 and BTS (3.03) then applied the flavorful mod (94,993,818 bytes) that i downloaded today.....

still i get the same thing.....

Wait. Where did you get the FBUG Mod?

If you get directly from the SVN repository on SourceForge, it is the last internal version, but you also need to download BUG Mod files (in the repo, they are not included into FBUG).

If you get it as a pack (.zip or .exe), the BUG files are included, but it is the old 0.16 version, so the CDA is not up-to-date (and still has the pop up hover text of which EF was speaking).

Yesterday I uploaded for you our last internal version of BUG (now, the last one is this: http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/74513/BUG_Mod_016c.zip). Try to install it in your MyGames\BtS folder, overwriting the existing files.

Yesterday I uploaded for you our last internal version of BUG (now, the last one is this: http://forums.civfanatics.com/upload..._Mod_016c.zip). Try to install it in your MyGames\BtS folder, overwriting the existing files.

ok i will try tomorrow getting late here...

just to let you all know i don't think the crash from the CDA has anything to do with that error i posted... in fact i was able to fix the half of the error referring to the fonts.... by just modifying the civ4_theme_common file and allowing those fonts to exist.....maybe a BTS bug i dunno. couldn't figure out the last two lines of code from the HUD but they refer to the Advisor Button - Religious and HUD Buy-Sell Unit Button so the error i have posted has little to do with my crash......

i cannot get that link doesn't work.....

got the latest internal version of BUG from source forge (697,920 bytes zipped) but that didn't change anything..........

i attached a photo of my cda with one city..... am i suppose to get the + and - symbols ??? like in the older versions on vanilla and warlords ??? I can hover over it if the drop menu is dropped but once i click it it well say goodbye to the game......

Attachments

• my-CDA.jpg
    my-CDA.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 215
New version of the CDA looks great !! and no problems thus far.....

must just been that stupid button

Thank you !

i cannot get that link doesn't work.....

To tell the truth, the link I posted answering to you in this thread works :) , but you are right, that other link I posted in the thread about CDA was broken :blush:

got the latest internal version of BUG from source forge (697,920 bytes zipped) but that didn't change anything.........

The zipped packs on SF are not internal versions, they are the beta relesed versions.
To get the last internal version, you need to dovnload it from SVN on SF, manually (it's a long task) or using the SVNTortoise client.

Edit: Ok, I've just seen that you have managed to download the last version of CDA, and that it solved your problem, good! :)

New version of the CDA looks great !! and no problems thus far.....

must just been that stupid button

Thank you !

That is very good news. Thank you for posting an update.

I quickly skimmed through this thread, and did a search but I didn't find anything. Has anybody reported the issue with the Great Person bar blocking the upper-most line of text at the top of the main screen? (Does that even make sense?)

If nobody knows what I'm talking about, I'll have to take a screenshot tonight (at work). I am using Blue Marble, and I installed FBUG 0.06 on top of that (as advised). I think it might be an issue related to Blue Marble since it changes text sizes and such.

in the unit naming mod looks like a small error......

not naming the archer...... and the image has the python err

let me know if you need more info.

Attachments

• python-err2.jpg
    python-err2.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 199
in the unit naming mod looks like a small error......

not naming the archer...... and the image has the python err

let me know if you need more info.
What was the naming code that you were trying to use? And the civilization?

What was the naming code that you were trying to use? And the civilization?

german/fredrick.......

1st part i am not sure about but i believe it to be the default one......
well i didn't make any changes... just enabled it to try.

Default = ^ut^ ^cnt[r]^ of ^ct^ :crazyeye:

like this: CombatARCHER = ^rc^ :crazyeye:

well i know it was suppose to name em something......

I quickly skimmed through this thread, and did a search but I didn't find anything. Has anybody reported the issue with the Great Person bar blocking the upper-most line of text at the top of the main screen? (Does that even make sense?)

If nobody knows what I'm talking about, I'll have to take a screenshot tonight (at work). I am using Blue Marble, and I installed FBUG 0.06 on top of that (as advised). I think it might be an issue related to Blue Marble since it changes text sizes and such.

A couple of screenshots attached. So I am referring to the text that is semi-hidden behind the yellow Great Person bar at the top.

Attachments

• blah10000.JPG
    blah10000.JPG
    324.7 KB · Views: 157
  • blah20000.JPG
    blah20000.JPG
    340.7 KB · Views: 164
IIRC, this has already been taken care of, and should be on the SVN. We gave as much space as we could without crowding the Research Bar.

I thought you made the change, Alerum? In any case, it clears the message text for me now. I wish we could move the message text instead, as the tech icons sit on top of the GP bar when you click the research bar. There's nothing more we can do though -- it's as good as it can get.

Hmm, your screenshots give me an idea for the future. When the resolution provides the space, we could put the two bars side-by-side. Heck, we could even fit in a third bar for GG points. :)

Ah ok, thanks. I look forward to 1.0. :)

Hmm, your screenshots give me an idea for the future. When the resolution provides the space, we could put the two bars side-by-side. Heck, we could even fit in a third bar for GG points. :)

Mmmm, 22" widescreen :) Running at 1680x1050 for reference, and Civ4 handles it beautifully. GG bar would definitely be cool.

I thought you made the change, Alerum? In any case, it clears the message text for me now. I wish we could move the message text instead, as the tech icons sit on top of the GP bar when you click the research bar. There's nothing more we can do though -- it's as good as it can get.

It's a shame this isn't exposed to python.... But they cannot have done everything right, can they? :lol:
It may be a weird idea, but I'll say it anyway. There's only one "side" of the screen that isn't used by the interface... The top has research, bottom has commands, right has scoreboard and left has.. well.. nothing! That said, I don't know how difficult this is, but why not getting a(n optional) vertical GP and GG bar on that side of the screen? The GG bar should have no problem, as it wouldn't require any text into it... The GP bar would have its text drawn, in the worst case, inserting an \n between each letter in the city name.. I don't know if those mega-large Zulu names would fit! :lol:

Of course, it's an idea for 2.0.. :mischief:

The top has research, bottom has commands, right has scoreboard and left has.. well.. nothing!

The left doesn't have anything permanent, but it is the space that is used for hover information (like when you hover over a stack or an AI player in the score list on the right). You would need to create a large stack to see how much space is taken up on the left. Even at my high resolution I recall some larger stacks take up almost the whole left side up to the sliders.

The left doesn't have anything permanent, but it is the space that is used for hover information (like when you hover over a stack or an AI player in the score list on the right). You would need to create a large stack to see how much space is taken up on the left. Even at my high resolution I recall some larger stacks take up almost the whole left side up to the sliders.

Nice catch... Well, I suppose you cannot move the hovering area as well as you cannot move the messaging area..
There goes my idea! :sad:

Top Bottom