Better BAT AI

Why would you need to pause a turn based game? I'm seriously curious, am I missing something?

Why would you need to pause a turn based game? I'm seriously curious, am I missing something?

I find the recorded time required at game completion interesting. So when I have to go away from my computer (which can happen often and may take more than an hour, due to the propensity of my two kids to suddenly wake up wanting Daddy), I pause. I also tended to occasionally pause in order to strategize.

Nevermind, I just tried to install it myself like I should've done in the first place and it works fine.

Actually, I bought this game only a week ago and hadn't tried any mods of any kind yet. I have to say I absolutely love what I've seen so far from this mod, and about 80 turns into a game I haven't encountered any bugs yet. I'm just hoping the AI improvements don't overwhelm me since I'm still learning the game.

Bug Report:

Just started a game and encountered Stalin, who told me (in a very rude manner):
"AI_DIPLO[somethingsomething]"

Probably the same bug that has been mentioned previously.

Bug Report:

Just started a game and encountered Stalin, who told me (in a very rude manner):
"AI_DIPLO[somethingsomething]"

Probably the same bug that has been mentioned previously.
This is good, Todd. Thank you. I'll be looking into this after I get home from work in the morning. :)

Bug report: See screenshot below.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 561
Thank you Slax. The fix is only a day or two away...

A text glitch.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    187.3 KB · Views: 444
For the text glitches, there's a fix on the way. Somehow the diplo text files were missed when I packaged things up. :blush:

I see in the Sevopedia under terrain, Hills are listed as "cannot build cities here".
Interesting. There was no merge of the 'Pedia, it was all moved verbatim. I'm pretty sure it's standard BTS, but I'll take a look. If Fuyu did make any changes, there would have to be a reason for it.

Thank you for the tip. ;)

I certainly did not change anything in the pedia, and I am pretty sure I did not touch hills, or any other terrain for that matter.
That's what I thought. Thanks Fuyu. I wonder if this is just an error in the Sevopedia? I haven't had a chance to look yet, but I will tonight and let you know. :)

bFound is 0 for hills, see BTS' CIV4TerrainInfos.xml - which means Sevopedia isn't exactly wrong, it just doesn't know that hills is a very special type of terrain.
Ah! The actual text for Sevopedia is the same as vanilla BTS, isn't it? I think that Sevo just improved the display and categories. Maybe someone should go through the text tags sometime... (She said, not suggesting anyone actually do it. :lol: )

Can someone please direct me to a description of what the chart headings stand for in the enhanced domestic advisor?
I believe there is a section on that in the BUG FAQ, or at least somewhere in the BUG forum. The link to the BUG forum is in my sig. :)

Yay! :thanx:

Thank you so much for your work and perseverance! Downloading as I speak... err... type.

Yay! :thanx:

Thank you so much for your work and perseverance! Downloading as I speak... err... type.
And hoping there are no bugs this time, I'll bet. ;)

Not really. I mean, sure, everyone hopes that there are no bugs. The Better BUG AI and now the Better BAT AI mods have been sheltering much fewer of them than most (if not all) other mods, so I've always been very happy with it. And the missing diplomacy text didn't really affect the gameplay (plus it was evidently an easy to find problem... the really annoying bugs are those that are hard to notice and harder to fix).

So, while I understand that you are a bit of a perfectionist and that you of course want your work to be as flawless as possible, I have to say that I wish that all the games and mods out there were even remotely as bug-free as your mod. Kudos to you, Fuyu and all the others that worked on one of the many mods this is based on.

Disclaimer: I haven't actually played the final version yet and now that I said all the above, it will probably be horribly bug-ridden just to prove me wrong. ;)

Top Bottom