Announcing Civilization Network!

Wow, sounds awesome. As a Civ Fanatic and a Facebook user, this is terrific news. But I'm not just excited for myself, I think it will be a great thing for exposing others to the awesomeness that is Civilization because to be popular on Facebook is to be popular in mainstream consciousness.

Civilization is to good to soil itself with Facebook or any other media. It should be a requirement in school. You don't graduate to the next grade until you can move up a level. Your Doctoral thesis could be a Deity win.

Civilization is to good to soil itself with Facebook or any other media. It should be a requirement in school. You don't graduate to the next grade until you can move up a level. Your Doctoral thesis could be a Deity win.
Yes please! That'd certainly make my PhD a lot easier (and more fun). :D

I think that increasing the Civ fanbase with Facebook would work because even if it weren't required to invite friends, people would do that, and therefore more people would become addicted, and there would be widespread demand for Civ5 when it comes out. Soon, the whole world would be Civfanatics :evil: :assimilate:

Yes please! That'd certainly make my PhD a lot easier (and more fun). :D

I agree.

I grew up on civilization 1 and loved every civ game created. Please....say there will be Civ 5....

BTW - Look at Fall from Heaven II mod, those guys made from Civ 4 incredible game.

I think that increasing the Civ fanbase with Facebook would work because even if it weren't required to invite friends, people would do that, and therefore more people would become addicted, and there would be widespread demand for Civ5 when it comes out. Soon, the whole world would be Civfanatics :evil: :assimilate:

And then the Civilization Empire will win by Domination! :mwaha:

Not a big Facebook user... created a account last year, but once my boss tried to friend's list me. Cancelled my account on the spot.

Different part of Australia, different University. I went to USQ Hervey Bay. It was a small university and I worked hard and got good grades.

Okay... you've talked me into it: I'll selflessly volunteer as an official Firaxis guinea pig, my friend! Lookin' forward to it.

Thank you, very much, for creating Civilization, Sir Sid!

See ya on Facebook!

Yours most sincerely,
Terry C

The only good thing about this entire venture - Civilization Network - is that it is free!

With the way 2K games has abandoned countless people on customer support of Civ IV (just check out the BBB website - half of the customer service complaints have been ignored or unanswered) and the way hordes of people have had to come to CivFanatics to get any semblance of help with Civ IV (just check the tech support thread and see how many people are crying for help because 2K tech support is so lame), you won't see this civ player buying anymore Civ games from 2K games! Of course, if Sid ever decided to take his company back and break away from 2K games and stand strong again as just Firaxis, I "might" reconsider actually plunking down the money to buy a future Civ game.

Will I even play the new Civ Network? Undoubtedly, yes...but only because it is free.

I find it odd that a web version of Civ is developed so late because Civ's turn based game style fits perfectly for a the web.

Don't own a Facebook account so I don't know how powerful such a game may be, nevertheless it's great news.

Not a big Facebook user... created a account last year, but once my boss tried to friend's list me. Cancelled my account on the spot.

I'm friends with people I barely even know :p

Top Bottom