Civ World Questions Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread

How do you build wonders? (It explained it in the tutorial, but I can't find ANYTHING.)

You press the Culture button, and the wonders available for building will be shown, as well as what combination of great people are required to construct it. You can only place one GP per wonder though, unless you're the Cultural Minister, or you civ's civic is Freedom of Speech.

You press the Culture button, and the wonders available for building will be shown, as well as what combination of great people are required to construct it. You can only place one GP per wonder though, unless you're the Cultural Minister, or you civ's civic is Freedom of Speech.

When I press the Culture button, I get the puzzle screen. The lower-right hand corner has which GPs I have, but I don't see any wonders... :confused:

Does anyone know if artillery units require metallurgy? Metallurgy isn't required for industrialization, so I just want to make sure our last-ditch effort of to survive of getting industrialization for the artillery before an upcoming battle starts isn't in vain.

I think something changed in the last update because in game 2032 we have artillery but our catapults did not upgrade. We don't have Metallurgy.

@LockerStalker: Are you in a civ? You can't build wonders as an Indie.

How is your position within a Civ (King, Duke, etc.) determined? Is it random, or based upon recent activity, or what?

There are 4 ranks: King, Prince, Duke, Commoner.
When you first join a civ, you start at the bottom rank - Commoner.
When you get a Medal, you get promoted to the top of the next rank. For example, if there are 4 dukes, you will be the topmost of the 4 Duke from a Commoner. Everyone else gets pushed down by 1 position between the positions you jumped from to your new position. So in order to become King, you must earn a Medal while being a Prince.

You earn a medal by:
A) Being the first player in your civ to reach each population size
B) Contributing the most science beakers to a tech that gets completed
C) Having the biggest contributing army strength in a civ-vs-civ war that your civ wins.
D) Being the first player in your civ to reach certain Gold milestones.
E) When you build a Wonder of the World, you have a chance to be selected for a Medal among all players that contributed Great Persons to it.
F) Being the first in your civ to build a Ginormous anything.
G) When you win contests and certain auctions (on the Market screen).

Does anyone know if artillery units require metallurgy? Metallurgy isn't required for industrialization, so I just want to make sure our last-ditch effort of to survive of getting industrialization for the artillery before an upcoming battle starts isn't in vain.

Artillery requires the "Industrialization" tech. Metallurgy is not a prerequisite for Industrialization. Cannons (from Metallurgy) will upgrade to Artillery. If you don't have Metallurgy, then you can't have Cannon units to begin with. If you had any because you were in another civ or something, they would be hidden from view and be unusable until you unlock Metallurgy again.

How do you build wonders? (It explained it in the tutorial, but I can't find ANYTHING.)

First you have to be in a civ (join one on the World page).Then when you click on the Culture page, you can contribute Great Persons towards the building of one.

Okay, in the throne room, how do you place stuff (specifically floor tiles) behind the catalog menu? I've seen a couple throne rooms with that decorated, but I for the life of me can't figure out how to do it myself.

I believe that indicates that that player has contributed the most to the battle's outcome, thus they get the military medal for that battle.

Yes - the medal indicates who is currently slated to earn a medal for that fight (I have not seen this in fights against barbarians so I think it is purely in medalling cases).

Okay, in the throne room, how do you place stuff (specifically floor tiles) behind the catalog menu? I've seen a couple throne rooms with that decorated, but I for the life of me can't figure out how to do it myself.

You can drag the entire room with the mouse.

What happens if a civilization invents Warrior Code before anyone invents Construction? Warrior code is the scientific goal after Construction, which makes me wonder.

That particular era goal is skipped. The next era goal that isn't already known becomes the next goal. A similar thing happens with other victory conditions, too.
If four wonders are needed to win an era, and the Egyptians and Arabians each have three when the Egyptians defeat the Arabians, then they are credited with one victory and the next goal is seven wonders. If the first battle in a game is between two max-sized civs, then the winner is credited for defeating a size 15 (say) civ, and the next goal is unattainable, being beyond the max civ size.

Also on the throne room topic, is it possible to delete items you don't want or may have accidentally placed, and get gem refunds?

I have a window I never wanted but accidentally placed, and now knowing I can move around inside, I want to redecorate what I had, and that means I no longer need some of these wall panels and floor tiles. The gems those cost would go a long ways to the redo.

I am fairly certain the auction thing promotes your palace one level. Dunno for sure as I have never won it (and once you get village greens it is not all that exciting).

I do not think you can sell back items from your throne room, but you can chuck an item into storage if you don't want it in the room.

When looking at some of the early leaders and obvious good players, they start the game by immediately building 1 of each diff house around their palace. Their houses # are waaaay lower than the way I start, which is concentrate on 1 resource. Yet they keep rollin in medals and GP, and while I produce mass food or whatever, I stay ranked way behind

What is the advantage in building small and worthless, yet a variety, of resource types early on? Do you get a GP each one or something?

When looking at some of the early leaders and obvious good players, they start the game by immediately building 1 of each diff house around their palace. Their houses # are waaaay lower than the way I start, which is concentrate on 1 resource. Yet they keep rollin in medals and GP, and while I produce mass food or whatever, I stay ranked way behind

What is the advantage in building small and worthless, yet a variety, of resource types early on? Do you get a GP each one or something?

Maybe they're using a bubble pop macro?

Top Bottom