ROTM: Rise Of The Mughals

How is this scenario??

• Total voters

Luddi VII

Sheep farmer
Yes Mughals, not Mongols.

The History

In 1526 Babur marched into Northern-India and defeated the sultan of Delhi. When Babur died, Humayun was ruling. But an Afghan
chief, Sher Khan Suni, conquered Delhi and Agra in 1540, and Humayun took them back just in 1555. It's now the year 1556 and Akbar has just got the power of the Mughal Empire, and it's just the beginning of a golden age period for the Mughal Empire.....

The Scenario

The scenario is set in October 1556 on a 100x100 map of India and lasts for 184 turns, 1 month per turn. It's only one playable civ, the Mughal Empire. The Mughal Empire is at war against the Marathas and the Bengal kingdom from the beginning of the scenario.

NOTE!!!Screenshots are not from the latest versions!

Credits

Scenario Creator: Luddi VII
Map Creator: LouLong

Building Graphics: Straczynski

Thanks to all these and thanks to all members of civfanatics.com!! :thanx: :thanx:

The Download

NOTE!!This scenario requires Conqests v.1.22 or later to play.

This is version 1.0 later versions comes later. Installation instructions in the readme.

ROTM v1.0

ROTM v1.0 Part 2

And please report any bugs, so I can make this to a much better scenario. Any comments and suggestions are of course welcome.:D

EDIT: Here is an update of the BIQ. Just replace the old one with this one.

Changes from version v1.0
- Just reassigned some cities

Attachments

• ROTM v1.1.zip
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,034
I love Indian history. Will play :goodjob:

edit: I think I'm supposed to declare "first post, woohoo!!" but I'm not sure....
FIRST POST WOOHOO! :D

Here is some screenies!:D

Attachments

• ROTM 2.jpg
    ROTM 2.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 1,315
  • ROTM 3.jpg
    ROTM 3.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 866
I looked in the editor and I don't think the Europeans should have any colonies in India. They did'nt have tem until the 1700's I believ. They definatley should'nt have Bombay it was only during Arugnzeb's rule that he gave bombay to the British and that was when the Mughal Empire was decaying not rising. Also I don't think they have Calcutta either.

Thanks silver! When I placed the cities I looked mostly on maps from 1600-1700's. But did someone else have some of the cities befor the Europeans?

Here's a map I found.

As you can see Bombay, Calcutta and all those other cities were not contolled by Europeans. Only Goa was owned by Portogul.

Great map you found!!:goodjob: Then I maybe should give the Marathas the cities the Europeans have and delete the European civ.

Keep Goa European it was owned by Portogul sometime in 1500. I'm not sure about Pondicherry I'll have to look into that.

Luddi VII said:
Great map you found!!:goodjob: Then I maybe should give the Marathas the cities the Europeans have and delete the European civ.

By that time, the Portuguese had colonies on the west coast in Diu, Bassein, Goa , Daman, Bombay and Mangalore.

Luddi VII said:
Thanks!:D
The "European Colonial Powers" is representing all the European powers that had colonies in India by that time.

By that time only the portugese had colonies in India, the coast in Ceilan was also a portugese dominated area. For the other europeans powers they had colonies in India after 1600.

Problem: When I load ROTM, after 30% I get a message: Missing entry in "Text\PediaIcons.txt" ICON_BLDG_Taj_Mahal. I have checked the pediaicons and the civilopedia files and it's in there, everything appears to match. Is anyone else getting this?

You took my acronym!:gripe:

Ah, well. My ROTM shall be cooler.:p;):joke:

(Louis XXIV, if you're reading this, check your PM box! I need you to upload the ROTM!)

I think you should be the one checking your pm box :mischief:

EDIT: Maybe my reply never got sent. I'm not sure if I can help you, but I will try.

Top Bottom