Rife Modmodmods, AI and Stability Question

Birnenpappe

Chieftain
Hello Folks,

its been quite a while since me and my friends tried out Rife, but I still carry fond memories.

The problem was: we never finished a single game due to two reasons:

1) AI was really bad. It could not handle all the flavourfull races...

2) (main reason) OOS after turn 200 or so became pretty much a constant...

Therefore we pretty much have to play MNAI nowadays...

I believe it must have been Rife 1.2 or 1.3 that we played...

Now I see that two continuations have sprung up. So, how is the Multiplayer Stability (OOS) for 'Final Fixes Reborn' and 'Rebirth and Legend' ?

OOS has been worked on ( and will continue to be worked on as i get more reports ^^) in AoE. I cannot say it's up to par with MNAI yet on that front ( mainly due to those flavorful mechanics that haven't been tested in depth yet.) but there's progress

For AI, i've started to implement parts of MNAI's code ( with Tholal's permission). It's still a bit rough but AI is starting to use mages a bit better. Will add more soon. I've also written a guide to rewrite the Leader Personality xml files but we don't have the manpower currently to revamp all the leaders by ourselves (there's quite a bunch of them).

That is good news. I am sure you (or someone else) has written a guide on how to best report OOS, but I don't know where to find it...

If we try out Ashes of Erebus, what should we do to produce valuable input for bug-fixing? What is your preferred method?

For OOS, there are specific log files in the Log folder of civ4 that appear after an error which tend to be useful.
For everything else, just post a message in the Final Fixes reborn Thread with a description of the bug and if possible a save when it's occuring easily.

Top Bottom