The King of the World Throne Room

Wouldnt Sal's inevitable holy paris crush the culture you'll get out of creative, though?

There's no reason that cathy would culture crush Sal's Paris.

I know, I know. I haven't even really started the shuffle game yet, but I'm sitting here at work, waiting for some games to come in (gotta love late nights on the Sports Desk!) and brainstorming. What would you all think of an Always War game? Or Always Peace? An Always Peace game in crowded Europe could be... tough.

Doesn't an 'always war' game put all AI's at war with the human? ...and not with each other.

I don't play diplomacy or time victories so always peace doesn't seem as appealing.

Always war is YOU versus all the AIs at once. On an Earth-map that's pretty nasty.

Always peace is meh.

Have you tried aggressive AI?

try always war and start as the incans. Try hiding inland (open Andes) to avoid war until much later or simply take over the American continents.

You could do Rhye's and Fall.

try always war and start as the incans. Try hiding inland (open Andes) to avoid war until much later or simply take over the American continents.

Whereever you start 'always war' on an earth map means getting severly out teched. If you do 'always war' you need to drop down several levels and turn off tech trading. I would also throw in raging barbs. Then you might have a challenging but winable game.

Personally id prefer it if you do "normal" games between the various alterations your coming up with, just to make sure it doesn;t warp into some sort of madscientesque alternative reality series. Having alterations isn;t bad, just keep them seperated from eachover by normal games.

You have promised games as Greece and America if I recall correctly. And id be interested to see an ancient era civ game as Babylon (preferably including arabs considering they did exist before the coming of Islam and without sumer)

---

An always war game as a European civ in a "medieval era civilisations only" game would be interesting. Although after a normal game first.

Personally id prefer it if you do "normal" games between the various alterations your coming up with, just to make sure it doesn;t warp into some sort of madscientesque alternative reality series. Having alterations isn;t bad, just keep them seperated from eachover by normal games.

You have promised games as Greece and America if I recall correctly. And id be interested to see an ancient era civ game as Babylon (preferably including arabs considering they did exist before the coming of Islam and without sumer)

---

An always was game as a European civ in a "medieval era civilisations only" game would be interesting. Although after a normal game first.

The thing is that MAdScientisism is an addictive disease, once you start heading down that path there is no turning back. Trust me, I know!:D

No harm in trying to delay the inevitable.:lol:

I'd like to see a game as the Greeks without an early rush. Now THAT would be a challenge.

I allways seem to miss any discussion options in the throne room. I go away for a week and the old game is finished and a new one up allready. Talk has allready started on some other ones so i'll throw in a few penny's worth of thought.

-

Allways war would be hectic and crazy, like someone said you'd have to give yourself bonuses to be able to play. The allways peace one would be fun but may turn into a spy warfare game. (and a pirating one with privateers)

people want to see rhyse and fall played? I suppose it would be fun but it takes far to long to get the hang of it. i do like the map for it though as europe is enlarged for playability, so the map could allways just be stolen for a normal game.

Is it only greece and america left from normal civ18 games? Eventually they are going to run out and repeats arn't that good so it shouldn't be rushed. Someone did mention a babylon game as well. After that you can allways add in something strange like an Atlantis civ that connects the new and old worlds early on, or a antarctica or north pole civ for something strange and new. There are loads of lost, forgotten or mythical aboriginal people that deserve to conquer the world.

-

I had an idea but i'm not sure it's even feasable, never mend entertaining or fun to play. Any help from the gallery would be helpful.

Premise: give every civilization the era techs they were founded in. (Egypt gets ancient) (Rome gets Iron age) (England gets Medievil) etc.

Problems: not sure what would happen but the initial idea was amusing, especially as the often lamenated America would have the best start. The fear would be that the more advanced civs would just dominate too quickly. However the most advanced nations would tend to be in bad starting positions (if you go by the 18 civs traditionally used) and i'd assume all civs would need a start up time period to set up the cities no matter what techs they have.

Theres still a whole bunch of civilisations which havent had a proper game yet. Excluding warlords/BtS civs we have yet to see.

China, Greece, Russia, England, Egypt and America in a normal capacity, and Germany was cruelly abandoned.

Now playing as non-vanilla civs as well, such as in the shaka game and the extensive native american imperialist conquest game gives Neal plenty of options for diversity.

Babylon for example is surrounded by other civs and is conveniently next to persia and to boot is metalless unless you beat persia to the copper site, which on higher difficulties like deity is less than certain.

The Europe map intrigues me. I don't know if I'll use it in a KotW (it's not really the world, after all), but I might. I'm really intrigued by the wide-open spaces. Anyone have any advice/a quick tutorial on "seeding" it with specific Civs in specific locations? Or maybe just a version of the map that's not random in terms of starting spots?

Persoanlly I would like to see Neal play as Ramesses of Egypt and run a Wonderbuilding/Settler Great person game.

Top Bottom