Achievement: 200 resources per turn

donpost

Chieftain
Hi all.

One of the achievements on the xbox version of CivRev is to create a city that produces 200 or more hammers/shields per turn. Does anyone have any ideas how this could be done?

The max I could imagine a city putting out in a ideal scenario is:

20 hill tiles x 3 hammers (with workshop) = 60 hammers

11 other people working in the city = 11 hammers

Bonuses (bonii?) for being first to research Engineering and Railroad = 3 hammers

Total = 74 hammers

Build a factory and that'll double the total to 148 hammers. Short of the 200, and that's a hypothetical situation. Is there a great person who adds 50% onto production? Even if there was, it would require a pretty special situation to get over 200.

What am I missing? :confused:

The Americans have tripple factories and communism gives a production bonus. Every 3 future techs increases production by 1. Iron mines make mountains better than hills. I think there are a few other production increasing techs for first. I've not got the achievement yet, I normally get about 100 in my best production city. Looks like it'll need a playthrough specialy for it.

It's highly unlikely you'll get that hypothetical situation, but you don't need it. Pick an area with fairly high production tiles, and maybe a resource like oil or uranium, then boost it up to 31 population.

Build a factory and switch to Communism, if you still don't have 200 production, start researching Future Technology, you'll get it eventually.

Well
Maximum without Resources or specials is
20 Mountain tiles (with Iron mine) x 5 =100
11 others =11

x2 Factory
x1.5 Communism

is 333

Since Factory+Communism easily gives a x3, then you are looking at a base of 67

since each pop gives a minimum of base 1, then that means 'bonuses' need to add up to a total of 36

'Bonuses'(production over 1)=+2 for Hills, +4 for Mountains, +1 for Forests, +Bonus Resources on Hills/Mountains/Forests (+Bonus-1 for things like oxen that give production to a non production tile)

When you consider the different civ bonuses (Americans x3 Factories, Civs with extra production from mountains, forests, or hills) Its definitely doable

Thanks for the tips everyone :)

Krikkitone, would the factory + communism bonus not be 2.5 (100% bonus factory, 50% bonus communisim), or am I not understanding the mechanics correctly?

I'm giving this a crack (on cheiftan :lol:) as the Americans. I'll let you know how I get on.

No all of those 'non combat' bonuses are Multiplicative

Aqueduct = x1.5
Factory/Market/Library/Colossus/Trade Fair/Shaespeare's Theater =x2
Bank/University [replace Market+Library]=x4
Communism/Democracy/Great person Not a builder/Aqueduct=x1.5

[Haven't verified it for the food ones, but definitely true for Gold/Science and Production]

Did it :cool:

Not as hard as I thought. The city location was excellent. I think I was lucky to have a spot with so many mountains just a few moves south of my capital.

Uhh, how did you get the retail version? Please respond with specifics, and if possible, provide voice instructions. I'll give you my email later, lol. jk jk....OR AM I?!

Anyway, quite an amazing production city. Question: why is it that in many Civ Rev discussions, 31 seems to be the cap for extremely large cities? Is that the maximum pop. size before a city will be unhappy, no matter what luxuries/etc. you use?

I'm in the UK, the game was released here on June 13th. No idea why you Americans have to wait until July for release.

As for the 31 pop limit, it's coded into the game. Even if you add more settlers, the population will not increase above 31. There is no unhappiness to worry about in CivRev. :)

This game is for happy people only :D , no unhappiness in Civ Rev.

That is one problem, Cities with a population of 31 shouldn't Let you add settlers. because the settlers will just be wasted (trying to put a settler in a pop 31 city should be like trying to settle a second Great Scientist in a city)

That is one problem, Cities with a population of 31 shouldn't Let you add settlers. because the settlers will just be wasted (trying to put a settler in a pop 31 city should be like trying to settle a second Great Scientist in a city)

yep but u can figure this out by yourself and just move the settlers to another city :D.

Not if you already used the settlers...

And you actually have to figure it out.

The fact is the option "add to city" should not be there if the settler doesn't add to the city. They wouldn't even have to include a popup message... just make sure the civilopedia has something about max city population=31.

Not if you already used the settlers...

And you actually have to figure it out.

The fact is the option "add to city" should not be there if the settler doesn't add to the city. They wouldn't even have to include a popup message... just make sure the civilopedia has something about max city population=31.

I agree. I found this out the hard way. :(

Well it is a simple problem of terrible documentation in civ games (although they are better than some other computer games that just means most games have terrible documentation)

I just managed the 200+ production acheivement tonight. It's actually fairly easy with the Americans. x4.5 production with Communism and a Factory means you only need 45 base hammers. In my case, I had two mountains with Iron Mines, 3 hills with Workshops, and +1 Hammer to all production squares from Future Tech 1. I had quite a few food tiles, so I reached size 31 without resorting to mashing in settlers.

- Gus

this one was pretty easy, like most ppl sayd , hills!!! lol i got all my civrev achievements :)

I find Oak, hills, and Mountains to be quite helpful, pile that with the american's triple factory output bonus, have an iron mine, and a workshop, gain communism and you're set. Also, the Mongols are quite good at this too.

I did this during the weekend.

I already had the game won and I was stalling to get this setup.

I was plopped right in a pile of mountains and and oak resource. With factories and iron mines and communism the production was just plain silly. I generated over 30 modern infantry units in one turn.

LOL

Needless to say, my domination victory was shortly after marking the achievement.

Top Bottom