Disbanding?

What should we do with our ancient units?

• Disband them all now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disband them once the Pikeman are finished

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Wait for each city to have two modern units before disbanding

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Just leave them / Wait for Leo to upgrade them

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Disband them once our pikemen are finnished. They hamper production and are of no use to us.

We will probably not get Leo´s very soon, and when we do pikemen/musketmen are cheap to build. The resources we save by upgrading phalanxes through Leo´s will not by a longshot upweight shield-loss until we get it.

Btw, I think Leo´s is to be downpriorited. Lots of wonders will benefit us more, like Magellans, Copernicus, Bachs, etc. Our cities are desperatly lacking production, so we can´t build all of them.

I disagree with Mr. Spice. I think Leo's is always a priority and I do think that we can get a fair majority of the upcoming wonders if we do some planning and keep ahead in tech.

Perhaps I'll get a poll up about building some food caravans in our lands. There's not a lot of hills in our main island for increased production, so I think that caravans will play a key.

As for the ancient units: Keep 'em. The lowliest warrior will eventually become riflemen and save us HUGE amounts of upgrading later. If there are three units is a city and therefore losing a shiled for supporting, then I say move the units to other cities that could benefit. Really, most cities will only need two defenders, and cities that are really not in a huge danger of being attacked could easily have a pike and a phalanx and nothing else. Some of the border cities could then build one unit and wait for another to reach them and then gain support there. Heck, if we build a new city we could just put some units in there and the city can immediately start on an improvement.

That's my $0.02 at least.

I'm surprised this has even come up, it was agreed long ago to let leo upgrade old units.

The current administration is too cautious in reguards to units, wasting time producing Pikemen and wanting to disbanb Phalanxs and such.

Were is the long term planning we were going by?

Our enemies are far away, and will only come in groups of two or three, all this defense is a massive waste, when he should be building Caravans for trade routes and rush wonder building.

This current trend of disbanding is a waste of time, and time is short.

Leave them and let them get upgraded. It will be a good way to get a bunch of musketeers without having to build them when gunpowder comes around. That way we can work on the offensive units!

Originally posted by Alcibiaties of Athenae
I'm surprised this has even come up, it was agreed long ago to let leo upgrade old units.

The current administration is too cautious in reguards to units, wasting time producing Pikemen and wanting to disbanb Phalanxs and such.

Were is the long term planning we were going by?

Our enemies are far away, and will only come in groups of two or three, all this defense is a massive waste, when he should be building Caravans for trade routes and rush wonder building.

This current trend of disbanding is a waste of time, and time is short.

I've disbanded NO units.

Why do you accuse me of these things AoA?

1) You have no proof.
2) I'd never do it with out approval!!

Originally posted by CornMaster
I've disbanded NO units.

Why do you accuse me of these things AoA?

1) You have no proof.
2) I'd never do it with out approval!!
Because your a ruthless tyrant! :p

Originally posted by CornMaster
Anyway....I may even run for re-election. ;)
You have to be elected first before you can be "re" elected. :p

Top Bottom