new nationalities

daladinn

Prince
so, over the last few days i have absolutely come to LOVE the clan of embers and all the changes they got. I would like to discuss a bit about the barrows and hellfire though. the way things are it is almsot impossible to actually win the game if you use these 2 tactics due to the seesaw effect they generate if your doing well. to this effect i came up with what i think is a simple solution.

shambler nationality -- clan of embers starts out nuetral with this nationality and all the undead spawned via the barrows start with this nationality. it would function very similar to hidden but i was debateing if it should be at peace with barbs or not.

demons of the pale nationality -- if your religion is ashen viel you start out nuetral with this nationality and all demons that spawn via hellfire start with this nationality.

one of the neat things is that you can have these 2 nationalities hostile if you desire or at peace (even requireing building a wonder to have them co-exist).

feedback please...

not sure how easy it is to add new nationality types.. but making the skelettes hidden nationality would solve a few problems (like them getting along with barb trait civs or barbs, and then they couldnt take over cities so being hit early on wouldnt destroy you, just make you really vulnerable to orcs and enemy ais, and maybe then the dirge wouldnt camp in barb cities too)

oops sorry , had to add some questions

what determines where these spawn? personally i think it would be better and fit the flavor more if they spawned ont he item creating them, however then seem to spawn randomly across the world (but not within my borders). also they tend to spawn inside other peoples cultural borders.

but if they are made hidden then they wont actively attack cities either .... jsut sit on thier heels if stuck inside someones borders. its bad enough that they wont enter the creators borders.

Top Bottom